Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Well to get thing back on a much lighter and happier note!!! I spent 3 or 5 hours last night taking the girls out of the tent, cleaning the oh so dirty saucers and clean roots platforms. I also wiped down all the floors and the walls with a very mild clorox and water solution and while i had fans blasting on the floors and walls waiting for them to dry I put some stake in my containers to help contain the wild girls that they are! I also adjusted a few things to be able to make sure i would be able to raise my light to the uppermost point when the time comes..Man oh man do those pots get heavy!! One of the added benefits of switching to 12/12 is i will not have to water everyday, perhaps every 2 days or if i am really lucky every 3 but i will just have to wait and see how the moisture holds. I snapped a few pics again noting special but just to give y'all an idea...oh also was jamming to NOFX radio on pandora as the soundtrack to my night! Oi Oi Oi!...lol
Oh also I was having a really hard time finding that liquid gold SLF-100 anywhere online so again Newton Hayes the awesome guy he is sent out enough for me to finish out my cycle and a free t-shirt! Now thats what I call caring about your customers! HE ROCKS!...so excited shold start seeing lil nuggalinas by next week! Woo Hoo!!!! Have a great rest of the week guys!

IMG 20150423 0651451
IMG 20150422 2230141
IMG 20150422 2207241
IMG 20150422 2207061
IMG 20150422 2206581
IMG 20150422 2206521
IMG 20150422 2120211
IMG 20150422 2120121
IMG 20150422 2059151
IMG 20150422 2059021
IMG 20150422 2028241
Tnelz

Tnelz

Well to get thing back on a much lighter and happier note!!! I spent 3 or 5 hours last night taking the girls out of the tent, cleaning the oh so dirty saucers and clean roots platforms. I also wiped down all the floors and the walls with a very mild clorox and water solution and while i had fans blasting on the floors and walls waiting for them to dry I put some stake in my containers to help contain the wild girls that they are! I also adjusted a few things to be able to make sure i would be able to raise my light to the uppermost point when the time comes..Man oh man do those pots get heavy!! One of the added benefits of switching to 12/12 is i will not have to water everyday, perhaps every 2 days or if i am really lucky every 3 but i will just have to wait and see how the moisture holds. I snapped a few pics again noting special but just to give y'all an idea...oh also was jamming to NOFX radio on pandora as the soundtrack to my night! Oi Oi Oi!...lol
Oh also I was having a really hard time finding that liquid gold SLF-100 anywhere online so again Newton Hayes the awesome guy he is sent out enough for me to finish out my cycle and a free t-shirt! Now thats what I call caring about your customers! HE ROCKS!...so excited shold start seeing lil nuggalinas by next week! Woo Hoo!!!! Have a great rest of the week guys!
Looking amazing bro. Props to u for the clean up. Can't stress the importance of it. So it will benefit u that u staked them. When they r all juicy and falling over u will be able to tie them up. I would stake them as soon as u put them into final pots though. Not like it's a huge deal but I hate disturbing roots ever. Again not any huge deal. Just saying. I hope this run turns out great for ya. It will ensure there is future runs. Lol. Ur doing great man. Respect.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Looking amazing bro. Props to u for the clean up. Can't stress the importance of it. So it will benefit u that u staked them. When they r all juicy and falling over u will be able to tie them up. I would stake them as soon as u put them into final pots though. Not like it's a huge deal but I hate disturbing roots ever. Again not any huge deal. Just saying. I hope this run turns out great for ya. It will ensure there is future runs. Lol. Ur doing great man. Respect.
thank you so much//111 my issue with sticking the stake right after last transplant is how hig id have to keep the light since id wanna leave room for my plants to grow into the sticks...like if they are 3.5ft at transplant and the stakes i use are 6ft i hsvr to keep the light more then 2ftplus away from the girls....i just try and be really gentle when inserting them

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Lookin lovely tnelz! Update: So after 3.75 hours scouring every single plant, pot and anykind of substrate, I can conclude I had a false alarm on the RA, just fungus gnats for now, already ordered the merit, so just for good measure I'm gonna hit the next round with it and watch closely. The mag deficiency turned out to just be a mag defiency and thats why only that one looked like it got hit with the phantom mg def, bc it was lol, just upped my feed of mg for that one specifically, and its pullin out of its def.

Thanks for the tips though man!

Tnelz

Tnelz

thank you so much//111 my issue with sticking the stake right after last transplant is how hig id have to keep the light since id wanna leave room for my plants to grow into the sticks...like if they are 3.5ft at transplant and the stakes i use are 6ft i hsvr to keep the light more then 2ftplus away from the girls....i just try and be really gentle when inserting them
No biggie bro. It fine just causes minor trauma. I use my veg to build my root system more than building my plant. If that makes any sense. 1 kind of equals the other obviously. Lol. But I just don't like to mess with the mass ya know. Def not a big deal brother.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

No biggie bro. It fine just causes minor trauma. I use my veg to build my root system more than building my plant. If that makes any sense. 1 kind of equals the other obviously. Lol. But I just don't like to mess with the mass ya know. Def not a big deal brother.
I hear ya...im also not that worried bc i kinda shimmy the stakes in along the outside of the smartpot and it seems to go down nice and easy....Im not sweating it...ive got other things to worry about like this girl i was with a few nights ago who i saw today and she is like deathly sick with the flu...like coughing blood and swollon glands and all that....im gonna be so pissed if i get hit with that shit!! I already feel like it might be coming on but im hoping its all in my head, I can't be bed bound for 3-4 days...GRRRRRRRR

Power OG

Power OG

I hear ya...im also not that worried bc i kinda shimmy the stakes in along the outside of the smartpot and it seems to go down nice and easy....Im not sweating it...ive got other things to worry about like this girl i was with a few nights ago who i saw today and she is like deathly sick with the flu...like coughing blood and swollon glands and all that....im gonna be so pissed if i get hit with that shit!! I already feel like it might be coming on but im hoping its all in my head, I can't be bed bound for 3-4 days...GRRRRRRRR
Dam that sucks bro , hope you good.
Respect

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So i think its so weird...before the flip my girls were drinking 1 gallon each of water/nutrients/compost teas 6-7 days a week and never showed signs of over watering or feeding bc i wasn't....they were getting just what they needed...Now after the flip on Monday which was a day that they happened to be just fine so far as watering/feeding so I waited and on Tuesday I feed the a "transitional" compost tea then noticed on weds they were more then fine and didn't need any water, I planned on feeding them tonight but again using my moisture meter it shows they more then fine so far as needing water... It feels kinda weird like I wanna feed them but don't wanna over water them ya know? Is it normal that they need A LOT less water just after the flip?? I plan on feeding them tmrw unless the meter shows the same as it did today but idk...I hope everything is okay....On a separate note im 90% sure im about to have this death flu i caught from this girl...its starting with terrible headaches and i am getting that spit that taste like sick spit..ya know? not sure if it is just me that gets that as a pre warning..anyway sorry if i grossed anyone out...I'll keep my sickness to myself from now on but I hope the girls don't need mucho attention over the weekend bc I have a feeling I will be outta commission!:(...have a good night y'all and stay healthy!!;)

Tnelz

Tnelz

So i think its so weird...before the flip my girls were drinking 1 gallon each of water/nutrients/compost teas 6-7 days a week and never showed signs of over watering or feeding bc i wasn't....they were getting just what they needed...Now after the flip on Monday which was a day that they happened to be just fine so far as watering/feeding so I waited and on Tuesday I feed the a "transitional" compost tea then noticed on weds they were more then fine and didn't need any water, I planned on feeding them tonight but again using my moisture meter it shows they more then fine so far as needing water... It feels kinda weird like I wanna feed them but don't wanna over water them ya know? Is it normal that they need A LOT less water just after the flip?? I plan on feeding them tmrw unless the meter shows the same as it did today but idk...I hope everything is okay....On a separate note im 90% sure im about to have this death flu i caught from this girl...its starting with terrible headaches and i am getting that spit that taste like sick spit..ya know? not sure if it is just me that gets that as a pre warning..anyway sorry if i grossed anyone out...I'll keep my sickness to myself from now on but I hope the girls don't need mucho attention over the weekend bc I have a feeling I will be outta commission!:(...have a good night y'all and stay healthy!!;)
I do find it weird bro. Usually in flower my plants want way more water. Ur plants have looked great but a gallon a day. If I'm understanding right in soil is a ton. Really need a wet dry cycle in soil. If it was coco I'd say don't worry but if ur roots were soggy for a long enough time that can lead to a whole host of issues. I wouldn't be over worried just yet though. Whip up a batch of something microbial. Get a shit load of bennies into the root system and that should set u straight. I would ditch the moisture meter. I've found that they suggest watering far more than necessary for a soil grow. I water say Monday and don't water again until just before wilt. The pot feels just a little heavier than bone dry. That could be wed or Thursday but would never be the next day. Just food for thought. U didn't get ur plants looking great by doing the wrong thing so u did most things right. I just wouldn't be watering daily bro not in soil. If u have to water daily to me that would signify pots being to small. Others my disagree. I'd like to see wht others think.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

how big are they? how big of pots? I aint been payin attention... this short into flowering, I'd flip back to veg, if you think you might have a root rot, lay em sideways on a tarp, gently slide em out sideways.. then prune off any brown or rotting roots and repot... pack it by shaking best you can and water the rest of the soil back down around the edges... veg it another 2 weeks so its good and goin again when you flip...
thats what I'd do anyways... were I in that situation...

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I do find it weird bro. Usually in flower my plants want way more water. Ur plants have looked great but a gallon a day. If I'm understanding right in soil is a ton. Really need a wet dry cycle in soil. If it was coco I'd say don't worry but if ur roots were soggy for a long enough time that can lead to a whole host of issues. I wouldn't be over worried just yet though. Whip up a batch of something microbial. Get a shit load of bennies into the root system and that should set u straight. I would ditch the moisture meter. I've found that they suggest watering far more than necessary for a soil grow. I water say Monday and don't water again until just before wilt. The pot feels just a little heavier than bone dry. That could be wed or Thursday but would never be the next day. Just food for thought. U didn't get ur plants looking great by doing the wrong thing so u did most things right. I just wouldn't be watering daily bro not in soil. If u have to water daily to me that would signify pots being to small. Others my disagree. I'd like to see wht others think.
I agree that i thought it was odd but i never used that mositure meter up until yesterday when i thought it odd they didnt feel like they needed water doing my normal test which was sticking a finger in the soil to my second knuckle and feeling for it being dry which it alwasy was. I assumed it was bc a combination of being in fabric pots and having fans not only blowing on my pots but circulating around the floor at root level. They never once showed a sign of over watering as you can tell from the pictures. The only thing that has changed besides the flip was a day or so before flipping i did 3-4 maybe 4.5 cup topdress of humus, EWC, and a pinch of azomite and oystershell....I would truly find it hard to believe that they have outgrown their pots especially being air pruned. I dont know I guess I will just see tmrw

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

how big are they? how big of pots? I aint been payin attention... this short into flowering, I'd flip back to veg, if you think you might have a root rot, lay em sideways on a tarp, gently slide em out sideways.. then prune off any brown or rotting roots and repot... pack it by shaking best you can and water the rest of the soil back down around the edges... veg it another 2 weeks so its good and goin again when you flip...
thats what I'd do anyways... were I in that situation...
they were just transplanted 2 weeks before the flip for 3gal smarties to 7gal smarties. I would bet big money there is NO WAY i have root rot. When I did the transplant everything looked beyond healthy an just as it should have...That would mean that in 2 weeks of doing the samething I had been doing minus not watering for 2days after transplant that I got a nasty case of root rot but agian I just do not think it is posssible....I do think that MAYBE the plants went into a lil shock although they are not showing signs and thats why they are not thirsty/?? IDK im going to get to the bottom of this tmrw! Thanks for the input

TurtleTree

TurtleTree

Lazerus do your fans turn off with your lights? Or do you rock them 24/7? Usually for the first few weeks of flower my girls appear to drink less. Usually they need to be watered once a week after the flip. Normally i water on a 3-4 day rotation leading up to the flip. In my case its lower temps and less air exchange. Idk if that would be your problem though. Any other time my girls don't drink it is always due to pH or nutrient burn.

Hope the girls get back to where you want em. Peace n good vibes bro.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Just dropping in to say what's good and hope everyone's having a great night!

I got a little excited, was replying to a thread a moment ago and saw I've become a Well-Known Farmer XD did a little jig and whatnot haha. A sense of accomplishment has been attained.

One Love,
tobh

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Okay well this was just driving me nuts after reading all yer guys info/advice so I went downstairs and proceeded to do a lil investigation. First the 50/50 humus to EWC i did as a top dress deff not the best idea...It kinda made a blanket over the soil and i believe some of my issues stemmed from this. Second, FUCK that moisture meter...I only used it the past 2 days but I will never use it again. when i went down I mixed up their first batch of NFTGs Flowering Feed solution...I made about 3 gallons at 75% strength...Oh also before I finish..Other things that have changed before all this started happening... Familiar with SLF-100??? Well i love the stuff and the guy that runs the company, Newton...anyway before i did that top dress I noticed how tight my soil was getting on top so I did a "flush" with SLF-100 as directed on the bottle..3x the normal amt per gallon for 3 days....on the second day of doing this is when i added the top dress...okay so thats outta the way...Also I have been adding Terpinator every water/feed for 5 days now maybe 7....Now back to tonight...After mixing up a batch of "food" I opened up the tent and the girls arent wilting or anything but i am noticing that they are looking a lil crispy..just a lil but nonetheless they never look that way...also I did my finger test again and noticed that once i got all the way under that blanket of a top dress that indeed my girls were thirsty and feeling dry! oh and i lifted one up and yes she was deff feeling lite...Also mixed in with the "food" i put a batch of Ogbiowar Root and Foliar from cap. I split the 3ish gallons of "feed" between the 4 girls and barely and i mean barley got any runoff...like drops..if that...when normally during veg i was getting 5-10ish%..anyway I think I just fucked up a lil with that top dress and got overwhelmed with the flip and strayed form what I learned here which was to keep it simple and really listen to my girls...We will see how they look tmrw night at lights on but of course Ill check right before lights off in the AM...thanks for listening to me vent/bitch/whine and blabber....just got off my game for a min and honestly i think part of it is this sickness im getting worse with is fucking with my head...Thanks again guys...Ill keep you updated!!

p.s. I am going to scrape off most of the top dress and just add some leftover soil i got

Last edited:
Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Lazerus do your fans turn off with your lights? Or do you rock them 24/7? Usually for the first few weeks of flower my girls appear to drink less. Usually they need to be watered once a week after the flip. Normally i water on a 3-4 day rotation leading up to the flip. In my case its lower temps and less air exchange. Idk if that would be your problem though. Any other time my girls don't drink it is always due to pH or nutrient burn.

Hope the girls get back to where you want em. Peace n good vibes bro.
my intake and exhaust is on 24/7 my fans are off when lights are off bc i usually foliar and want maximum absorption

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Okay so following my gut last night was the right thing to do! I knew there was no way something could be seriously wrong with how great they've been looking and acting...I told you guys what i did last night and just look how freaking happy they look this AM...plus that lil bit of cripy-ness i saw yesterday is gone! they really enjoyed being fed that's for sure.... Again thanks for talking me thru my lil freak out and being overwhelmed...I appreciate all you guys!!!
IMG 20150424 0638361
IMG 20150424 0637511
IMG 20150424 0637401
IMG 20150424 0637331

Top Bottom