Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Tnelz Truly as I have never used coco , how much better are your yields using coco.? And if its not a yeild booster per se why then do you prefer it over good living soil???

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I used coco before in a side by side. It was canna coco and canna nutes vs foxfarm ocean forest and fox farm nutes. Same strain. Coco did 4oz fox did 3oz. I didn't have to flush canna coco it was just expensive as fuck. Coco also grew quicker if that helps @jumpincactus
@Pimp T So if I am hearing you correctly the growth is quicker with coco much like hydro as opposed to soil???

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
@Pimp T @Tnelz What tips can you both offer to me as I would like to dabble with coco on my next run. Do's /Donts and your little stash of secrets!!! I heard gnats can be a pain in coco true or myth??

Pimp T

Pimp T

I've done hydro too with gh nutes coco is almost as fast as hydro. Hydro goes fast as fuck noticable daily growth. Cocos not as fast but almost

Pimp T

Pimp T

T will have to take it on that one ive only used coco a few times not enough to advise on. One thing i can say tho is precharge it thats always my hang up with coco i can never have seedlings perfect in coco like i can with soil

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I've done hydro too with gh nutes coco is almost as fast as hydro. Hydro goes fast as fuck noticable daily growth. Cocos not as fast but almost
Thats nice........ Little less chores using coco as when using hydro and having to flush and clean rez ........ I might give coco a try.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
T will have to take it on that one ive only used coco a few times not enough to advise on. One thing i can say tho is precharge it thats always my hang up with coco i can never have seedlings perfect in coco like i can with soil
Gotcha......... thanks for the honesty and not acting like a coco pro. Props & Respect

Pimp T

Pimp T

@Pimp T @Tnelz What tips can you both offer to me as I would like to dabble with coco on my next run. Do's /Donts and your little stash of secrets!!! I heard gnats can be a pain in coco true or myth??
damn its crazy u mention the gnat thing with coco using coco was the first time I've ever had gnats bad to where I could see the larvae. Dont kno if that's always I'm sure its not but it happened to me on my first coco session

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Gotta run......... Have a great day........... I'm hopin @Tnelz will get me dialed on coco b4 I put it in motion. Peace

Tnelz

Tnelz

Lot of different opinions on coco and how to use it. So 1 coco is a way faster veg time. Ur plant gets bigger faster. 2 root growth is enhanced by about a million times vs soil. No comparison there. Yeild is a little better in coco but a well dialed plant in soil gets pretty close. If I was going to go back to coco full time (I'm not) but if I was I'd go with nothing g but Jacks. Easy cheap and effective. As for bugs. Coco gets a bad wrap imo. Never had a problem ever. My soil is way more alive than any of my coco pots. That is both good bugs and fungus gnats. However outside of small plants fungus gnats are very easy to deal with. So it's a total preference thing. Neither is better and I use both. My biggest tip for coco is buy a good brand. Again that's also up for debate. Brandwise. I'd be more than happy to give u all the help u need. But it's not that hard. On my way to work. I'll jump back on later.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I have a few fungus gnats... they're foodstock for my rove beetles and things always seem to balance over time... I see a flier occasionally, so I know they exist, but I only really see them when I'm actively watering my mulch... and barely any even then... coco is one of the components of my soil mix... but with absolute zero CEC, comparing soil to coco is kinda like comparing mice to elephants ... big ears, a tail, gray skin, and four legs... but still not even close... both can be great.. or terrible... but with coco, you're forced to feed the plant... in proper soil, you can allow it to have what it wants whenever it wants...

Pimp T

Pimp T

also @jumpincactus the find good quality coco because cheap coco is salty as fuck suggestions is real my last 3 attempts with coco I've been str8 fucked due to salt that just will not flush out. Because I have a 2 year supply of greenstone I'm tryin coco one more time but after this if it doesn't work out fuck it.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

My experience tells me the differences are twofold...

with coco, you can effectively "steroid" up your plants... I've seen folk doin 4x a day feed and flush cycles with pgr's and shit gettin real big yields

with a good soil, you get more of the true flavor expressions of the plant... its a much much cleaner taste as opposed to, lets say.. walking into 4/5ths of Denver dispensaries where absolutely everything has the exact same flavor on the back end.... and its the flavor of heavy16...

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

it adds what folks would describe as a dirt taste... like opening a fresh bag of soil and breathing it in...

in fact, it screws my head when folks describe strains as being really "earthy"... my first thought is "how was it grown?"

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

I haven't had a problem with most coco.. Canna, Bio biz, B cuzz, GH and Botanicare bricks. Good to go out the bag. If anything with the bricked kind when you expand them, check the salt/ppm levels coming out and if you have to flush accordingly. If you find a pricey bagged kind with high salt levels demand a refund, you're paying more for less because the quality control is supposed to be higher(fluffed, rinsed, charged etc)

I dig coco, because its easy to beef up yields like crazy without pgrs, you use less media for the yield (Jackmayoffer hit I think a lb plant out of a 3 gal chow mix), and you can add in organic amendments if you'd like. It retains the taste of organics and the yields and vigor of hydro, imo its the best of both worlds if you have the proper feeding schedule

I used canna nutes, H3ad's 6/9, Maxibloom... Not all a problem at all with any of them... I tend to stick to easy 1 part nute programs..

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

On that note, my helper is an idiot, and once again I aam reminded why I never send him out to the hydro stores... Because they fuckin rip you off... Payed for 20 3 gal smart pots, got 15 of the generic kind and didnt even bother counting them... Now I gotta go raise hell at that place for the 3rd time... and its sad that they're one of the "better ones", which is why I try to order online or diy it, or horticulture suppliers...

Top Bottom