Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Mosca blanca 3

much like every other pest, they can get real bad....

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7401.html

Last edited:
BlackSheepOG

BlackSheepOG

@Tnelz why you're around gotta question. I made my veg room bigger by appx. 2.5x4 and my 1k just won't cover my entire room now. Would you suggest an led for the rest or get like a 400 w or what you think would be best. Thanks man

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

@Asap Ganja check these responses to your issue. The verdict is white flies. The cure seems to be spinosad.

@Tnelz i think my homie is workin on a budget and in a small garden so ill suggest the small bottle for him. But whats the damage on spraying during flower? If memory serves hes about 2-3 weeks into flower

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

Its actually a pathogenic fungus... you can soil drench it and the insects will actually spread it as they die... but whiteflies might need a spray as no soil life stage....
I works well as each new infected insect coming in contact with others infects other insects... the fungal spores are suspended in an emulsifiable oil, so I'm not sure about in flower, I dont spray things in flower ever.

I prefer natural predators

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

they have a granular... I believe it could be a solution... manually apply it to the most infected leaf in spread out areas around the entire grow and let the insect spread the fungus to each other.... at least that wouldnt be spraying anything on flowers....

Tnelz

Tnelz

@Tnelz why you're around gotta question. I made my veg room bigger by appx. 2.5x4 and my 1k just won't cover my entire room now. Would you suggest an led for the rest or get like a 400 w or what you think would be best. Thanks man
Wouldn't bother with the 400 but as for an led that depends how much you want to spend. A little more than a little or a lot. But Mars fits the bill for the first two just fine as does Apollo. Same spectrums but u would save a bit with the Apollo. If you wanted to spend a couple bucks I'd suggest truth lighting.

Tnelz

Tnelz

@gardnguyahoy you can spray conserve as well it's organic. You can also root drench and it will help its systemic. As for met 52 granular. I don't think it would help much with bugs primarily on foliage. It's a medium inoculate that the insect has to come into contact with. Also takes a few days to bloom. I've used it extensively and it works amazingly well just not sure where white flies like to go besides the leaves. Good luck.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

@gardnguyahoy you can spray conserve as well it's organic. You can also root drench and it will help its systemic. As for met 52 granular. I don't think it would help much with bugs primarily on foliage. It's a medium inoculate that the insect has to come into contact with. Also takes a few days to bloom. I've used it extensively and it works amazingly well just not sure where white flies like to go besides the leaves. Good luck.

yeah, thats why I said, you'd have to put the spores on the leaves... it would be effective, but might be slower acting.
once the fungus gets on the insect, it grows into them, kinda like myco on a root... then the insect effectively has mushrooms growing on it... as it touches other insects, the fungus gets on them and takes "root"
I wouldnt inoculate the medium, I'd dust the underside of badly covered leaves to directly put spores on the insect "skin"... their own normal moving about the colony spreads it among the rest... it'd be slower than spraying everything and inoculating all the insects at once, but it would avoid spraying flowers... plus, the good parasitic fungal spores would be present in your soil via the insect corpses...

Tnelz

Tnelz

yeah, thats why I said, you'd have to put the spores on the leaves... it would be effective, but might be slower acting.
once the fungus gets on the insect, it grows into them, kinda like myco on a root... then the insect effectively has mushrooms growing on it... as it touches other insects, the fungus gets on them and takes "root"
I wouldnt inoculate the medium, I'd dust the underside of badly covered leaves to directly put spores on the insect "skin"... their own normal moving about the colony spreads it among the rest... it'd be slower than spraying everything and inoculating all the insects at once, but it would avoid spraying flowers... plus, the good parasitic fungal spores would be present in your soil via the insect corpses...
All my soil has met. Love the stuff.

lemons

lemons

Full season sounds like a cure all to my issues on the next run. Do you top dress any ol dirty with it like light warrior or somethin?

Tnelz

Tnelz

Full season sounds like a cure all to my issues on the next run. Do you top dress any ol dirty with it like light warrior or somethin?
Yes that's literally all you do. I didn't use it for veg but I will next time. There was more than enough juice to get me through bloom so I'd say it will get you through an entire grow easily. 8 oz per 5 gallons. Top dress and give it a little scratch in and your good. I literally only watered with tea and plain water or water with some aphrodites extraction to feed the bennies. Every 3rd water I added enzymes to hasten the break down of stuff. Worked really well. Soon as I take the plant out I'll take some pics. The stuff definitely gets my stamp of approval. Oh I used roots organics original soil. I'd say any soil will work so whatever you like.

Top Bottom