Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
"Tickling your roots" (loosening up roots) as an old gardener I used to know called it, really isn't necessary.

As @Tnelz @CBDEMON and other have mentioned. Use your mycho mix. What I like to do is if the existing root ball is moist which I assume it is when you transplant I then water only the outside edge of my new pot. My thinking is when the root ball starts to dry out the feeder roots will spread out seeking the moisture at the new pot edges. Although I cant verify if this works better or not just something I think works.

BTW @Lazerus00 you did a nice job splayn them gals out. :D

Happy Easter all. Hope you all have a great day!!!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

"Tickling your roots" (loosening up roots) as an old gardener I used to know called it, really isn't necessary.

As @Tnelz @CBDEMON and other have mentioned. Use your mycho mix. What I like to do is if the existing root ball is moist which I assume it is when you transplant I then water only the outside edge of my new pot. My thinking is when the root ball starts to dry out the feeder roots will spread out seeking the moisture at the new pot edges. Although I cant verify if this works better or not just something I think works.

BTW @Lazerus00 you did a nice job splayn them gals out. :D

Happy Easter all. Hope you all have a great day!!!
Thats funny you say the thing about watering around the outside of the pot bc me and @Power OG were just talking about that like 10 pgs ago or so and I said how I always did that with my veggies and in my head it made sense...the roots start to dry and seek out water which they will have to grow to get! Glad it wasen''t me just making up stoner science!;)....oh and thanks, it was my first time and it didn't feel right at first but after seeing them bounce back I'm very happy I once again listened to the very wise farmers here!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Any guys using NFTGs got dosing recommendations for Pegasus Potion...im assuming as a foliar 1tsp/quart but to add in with my reg feeding of NFTGs im thinking 2tsp/gallon while im in late veg? then prolly the same for early flower? yes, no, maybe so?

J

jinxjj

Random question but why in the hell do all these nute companies use tea and tablespoon as measurements? How fucking inaccurate and unscientific can you get lol?

Rant over :)

sixstring

sixstring

i scarify the hell out of my plants with a razor knife sides and bottoms,plants dont skip a beat,but i also let my veggers bind up more than most i think lol.
10 gal rumble roots
Rootbound

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Random question but why in the hell do all these nute companies use tea and tablespoon as measurements? How fucking inaccurate and unscientific can you get lol?

Rant over :)
wait, do you mean inaccurate bc you can make a tea or tablespoon diff sizez? likke depending on how much over the spoon it is? Bc if you are talking about that, what you are supposed to do i get a spoon full then use something flat like a ruler or something and run it accross the top so its all level with the edge of the spoon. Not trying to be an ass but i worked as a pastry chef and line cook for over 15yrs and measurements in baking need to be absolutely exact like that...

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So in order to keep my girls with a healthy moisture level I need to water everyday, I could go 2 days but I think going from really moist to really dry can't be good for all the lil micro organisms in the soil...i am using smartpots which dry out faster but is this normal or okay? or does it seem like something might be wrong?

J

jinxjj

wait, do you mean inaccurate bc you can make a tea or tablespoon diff sizez? likke depending on how much over the spoon it is? Bc if you are talking about that, what you are supposed to do i get a spoon full then use something flat like a ruler or something and run it accross the top so its all level with the edge of the spoon. Not trying to be an ass but i worked as a pastry chef and line cook for over 15yrs and measurements in baking need to be absolutely exact like that...

Its just a really lame measurement IMO. Why not say how many ml??? Its a hell of a alot more accurate to say 5ml than 1 tablespoon. You eat or stir drinks with a spoon, not measure with them. lol

Azhden

Azhden

And what teaspoon/tablespoon/etc. are you using? US or Imperial or ?

1 US teaspoon = ~4.929ml
1 IMP teaspoon = ~5.919ml

1 US tablespoon = ~14.787ml
1 IMP tablespoon = ~17.758ml

1 US ounce = ~29.574ml
1 IMP ounce = ~28.413ml

Lots of "different measurements/numbers" out there for the "same amount of fluids" ;)

:) Hope all is well with everyone, been busy busy busy myself :cool:

Tnelz

Tnelz

Nice hearing from u az. Dropping wisdom as usual. Here is some fpog at last day of week 7. Way frostier than the pic. I gotta get my camera functioning correctly. But she truley smells like fruity pebbles. I'd say I got the cereal pheno.
20150406 140236

Top Bottom