Tnelz thread about whatever!

• Thread starter Tnelz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Power OG

Power OG

Hey @Power OG !!

You haven't been to active on here, what's up? You good? Anyway it's been on my mind so I thought I'd ask. I remember you saying how to leave my MH bulb for the first 1-2 weeks of flower, well what if I was using an LED to veg? Does that change anything so far as the MH? or is it still prolly good for stretch to use MH for first 1-2 weeks?? Please and thank you!
Hey brother Laz, all good just busy with holidays,work, family etc.
MH will help to reducesome stretch in in 1st 2 weeks if bloom and will increase resin in the final 2 weeks. Thankyou for asking

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

LEDs are fine but sell that stuff and get 1ks but if u can't do that the 900s are solid. I don't feel like doing the math but I believe u will do ok with the amount of light you have. But if it's trees you want get thouis. In saying that you have six 600s which is better than 3k. You will do fine bro.
Yeah thanks nelz was looking a 1000's but I already have the other stuff . And only want to spend on new tech like 315 was considering getting a couple of reflector series 307 w but think I'll go with ur suggestion and do. 4 600's with the smaller led,s as kickers vert . Cheers .

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

Holy shit! Beast Mode
Here's hoping bro guns build her over Xmas holidays . I've got 8ft by 20 ft in total space . So can run the room a 4x4 veg tent and 2 3x3 x5.6 for my breeding projects plus oh joy I can fit my two seedling/ clone tents in as well . Also planning on in room water and drainage so should be self contained . Not looking forward to the work but hanging to get going again . Lol Benefits of being a grower , u have to be sparky plumber and chippee all in one :)

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Also, you guys know those grow lights used for a lot for commercial type grows? Like the gavita or nanolux that don't have air cooled hoods and they have their ballast attached? Well my question is, does the ballast HAVE to be attached? Or is that just what is convenient for them on commercial grows and thats why you always see it like that but really you can put the ballast where ever?

Power OG

Power OG

Also, you guys know those grow lights used for a lot for commercial type grows? Like the gavita or nanolux that don't have air cooled hoods and they have their ballast attached? Well my question is, does the ballast HAVE to be attached? Or is that just what is convenient for them on commercial grows and thats why you always see it like that but really you can put the ballast where ever?
They make both, attached and one were the ballast could be run apart.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I'll tell ha the truth 315 cmh I'm using is set up like a gavita with the ballast attached and I love it. Really easy to set up. No fucking cords to deal with. Those things are so bright. Blown away by the 315 bulb.

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

I also know someone who took off the elbow joint between ballast and light and straightened it...
not a difficult job, but the draw wont support a longer line... he just gained those couple inches in height back...

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

I'll tell ha the truth 315 cmh I'm using is set up like a gavita with the ballast attached and I love it. Really easy to set up. No fucking cords to deal with. Those things are so bright. Blown away by the 315 bulb.
Well I am asking bc not sure if you saw but Nanolux makes that 630w cmh unit that is altogether like the gavitas and I feel a light like that (with the ballast attached) is best used in a sealed room environment vs. a grow tent, ya know? I am really just asking questions to settle curiosity! I know my plan and its to get that 4x4 for veg only so I can run perpetual and then maybe a lil clone/prop tent...that should be more then enough to hold me until I move and can build out a room...or 2!

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Here's hoping bro guns build her over Xmas holidays . I've got 8ft by 20 ft in total space . So can run the room a 4x4 veg tent and 2 3x3 x5.6 for my breeding projects plus oh joy I can fit my two seedling/ clone tents in as well . Also planning on in room water and drainage so should be self contained . Not looking forward to the work but hanging to get going again . Lol Benefits of being a grower , u have to be sparky plumber and chippee all in one :)
Sounds like you might be able to hang some of those 250 watts vertical below the canopy? Im sure youve seen it done but do you run rooms like that? .is that an option? Just out of curiosity my man.

Love the idea of a brand new setup. Clean. But a ton of work lol. Good luck, hope the build goes solid brotha.

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Nanoluxes and gavita both make remote ballast options, maybe others do as well.. It's usually just more efficient to run them that way plus no rf emitting afaik. Looking into buying 20 or so Nanoluxes in the near future with the nccs..

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Ned if you got space and lack lighting throw some thousands in between the plants like a grid. It'll get ya some trees... Ole krusty style

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Nanolux is also making a single bulb 315 vert all in one unit like the SS Lec too so you dont have to run a 2 horizontal bulb unit like the 630.
cmh315ncslf_1_1.jpg

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Nanoluxes and gavita both make remote ballast options, maybe others do as well.. It's usually just more efficient to run them that way plus no rf emitting afaik. Looking into buying 20 or so Nanoluxes in the near future with the nccs..
Well aren't we fancy!! Yea well im gonna buy 100 lights!! What now?!?!?!...LOL...I'm just messing around man!Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

C
could you expand n that do these run Phillips 315's.

Tnelz

Tnelz

Well I am asking bc not sure if you saw but Nanolux makes that 630w cmh unit that is altogether like the gavitas and I feel a light like that (with the ballast attached) is best used in a sealed room environment vs. a grow tent, ya know? I am really just asking questions to settle curiosity! I know my plan and its to get that 4x4 for veg only so I can run perpetual and then maybe a lil clone/prop tent...that should be more then enough to hold me until I move and can build out a room...or 2!
You wouldn't want to run that in a tent but you don't need a sealed room either. Ultimately I'll have a bunch of 315s or a couple of the 630s in my bloom room which isn't sealed. The give off far less heat than hps or regular mh. You cauldron def run it in a tent if the room the tent was in was air conditioned and ur intake drew the cool air in the tent.

DismalDude

DismalDude

Well,forum search still not working for me... Am I special or is someone else having this issue as well? Kinda driving me a little nuts.
Turned on the news today as I haven't watched it in months.Got my yearly dose of stupid again and turned it off...
Anyway,good morning all and would someone please let me know if I'm alone in getting an error using the forum search function?Thank you!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

You wouldn't want to run that in a tent but you don't need a sealed room either. Ultimately I'll have a bunch of 315s or a couple of the 630s in my bloom room which isn't sealed. The give off far less heat than hps or regular mh. You cauldron def run it in a tent if the room the tent was in was air conditioned and ur intake drew the cool air in the tent.
I see what your saying, and your right, done right you could pretty much make any of these lights or setups work. Im just a lil torn bc if I were going to upgrade the soon to be "flower only" light in my 5x5 tent I was thinking about getting another 1k ballast and one of those 8in air cooled raptor hoods that you can put a 1k light on each side, so essentially I would have double the amount of light....but then again I would also have double the amount of heat! IDK a 1k mh and a 1k hps in one hood sounds pretty sweet. But then I look at something like that 630w Nanolux and I get all warm inside! lol.. I just want to as much as possible not let anything I already have go to waste, ya know?

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

Little beauty shot, this is the best cookies I've smoked yet.. purple GSC

It has the cookies taste initially with the fruity purple taste after. Awesome up high for about 2 hours then the indica high sets in with some munchies and couch lock. A++ to my homie

20151204 052559
Top Bottom