Top dress nutrients and light information

• Thread starter Lnp32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lnp32

Lnp32

Hi,

im pretty new to growing as ive only done 2 grows and still struggling to get to grips.
I like to grow organically using canna terra pro soil with dry amendments top dressed later into veg / flower conversion as canna terra pro seems to have enough in it to take me through 5 / 6 weeks of veg.
Should i be top dressing before week 1 of flower or after the stretch ?
also have anyone got any info / knowledge on DR ORGANICS living soil ammendments ? They have a veg and bloom mix.
Ive read that top dressing doesnt require as much fuss as when using bottled nutes however, i beg to differ as when i did my last grow, everything was fine until i used a top dress and gave my plants a 30ml top dress of each ammendment the first week i flipped to flower after a 6 week veg from seed. So i wonder if the problem was that the plants had used up all nutrients in the soil by the time flower came, or whether it was the 30ml top dress i gave all 4 of my plants in 7gal fabric pots.…

Bat guano 1.10.1
Epsom salts
Gypsom
1 cup worm castings
Kelp meal

Within a week or so, my plants started turning yellow and growth stunted bigtime.
I gave them a tea consisting of just worm castings that i airated for 24hours to see if id see any positive signs. But no it just seemed to get worse.
So im left wondering whether dry ammendments and organic growing is infact harder than growing synthetically or whether i should stick with organics ?
i obviously would prefer my weed to be grown organically but it just seems to get more and more complicated everytime i do a grow. One thing i an consistent with is my ph though. I always dechlorinate using ECOTHRIVE NEUTRALISE which is concentrated vitamin c. i’ll attach a pic of it for you. I always ph at 6.5.
I use the lumatek zeus pro 600w in a 5 x 5 tent and also found out that i shouldnt have turned my lights up from 50% power until week 4 in flower, then turn it to 75% power weeks 4 - 6, then 100% power weeks 6 - 8.
I suppose you live and you learn but its frustrating as im not sure whether i overdone the feed, turned the lights up too soon ( week 1 of flower 100% )
Or whether i didnt give enough feed ?! It blows my brains and if anyone could give me any feedback id very much appreciate it.
Thanks very much guys 👍🏼

p.s ive attached pics of the amendments im thinking of using on my next grow and how much should i use and when i should feed ? ( taking into account i always grow using canna terra pro soil and its already supercharged for about a months worth of growing ) i also attached pics of the plants from week 2 of flower, as they gradually worsened. Not sure if it was the top dress or the lights being too strong too soon.
Anyone who can give me some feedback would be very very much appreciated, thanks 👍🏼

Top dress nutrients and light information
Top dress nutrients and light information 2
Top dress nutrients and light information 3
Top dress nutrients and light information 4
Top dress nutrients and light information 5
Top dress nutrients and light information 6
Top dress nutrients and light information 7
Top dress nutrients and light information 9
Top dress nutrients and light information 10
Top dress nutrients and light information 11
Top dress nutrients and light information 12
Top dress nutrients and light information 13
Top dress nutrients and light information 14
Top dress nutrients and light information 16

Top dress nutrients and light information 8
Top dress nutrients and light information 15
MTLEADER

MTLEADER

I think you should look here bro this man has helped me a lot so have many others here. I'm also going to be doing only organic growing so hang in there it's worth it.
I'm doing organic for 2 reasons 1 don't like the taste of buds from chemical grows even if flushed i swear i can taste the nuts and 2 my budget is not big and a grow of say 20 plants running AN line is like 3 grand in nuts. I could do it like week by week but noo organic seems more gratifying to me. I'll be using a super soil call Natures living soil i got from eBay in a concentrate form and then using Earth dust as top dressing molasses and some of the stuff listed in the above link. But as I'm growing I'm going to build my own super soil and compost in a compost tumbler. It will be 2 to 3 grow cycles I think before my soil and all is ready, and that is as long as nothing go wrong with making the soil. I'll be starting the soil with used Fox Farms ocean forest from a big grow down the road from me. But the man ComfortablyNumb i think knows his shit so check him out. good luck bro.

Lnp32

Lnp32

I think you should look here bro this man has helped me a lot so have many others here. I'm also going to be doing only organic growing so hang in there it's worth it.
I'm doing organic for 2 reasons 1 don't like the taste of buds from chemical grows even if flushed i swear i can taste the nuts and 2 my budget is not big and a grow of say 20 plants running AN line is like 3 grand in nuts. I could do it like week by week but noo organic seems more gratifying to me. I'll be using a super soil call Natures living soil i got from eBay in a concentrate form and then using Earth dust as top dressing molasses and some of the stuff listed in the above link. But as I'm growing I'm going to build my own super soil and compost in a compost tumbler. It will be 2 to 3 grow cycles I think before my soil and all is ready, and that is as long as nothing go wrong with making the soil. I'll be starting the soil with used Fox Farms ocean forest from a big grow down the road from me. But the man ComfortablyNumb i think knows his shit so check him out. good luck bro.
Thanks for the reply my friend 👍🏼 I will check it out ! This organic growing is a pain in the ass lol.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Organic is as easy as it gets when done properly.
Your soil is not living and you have used up the add-ons.

Get these two and add according to directions the next feed that you have them.

Recharge

Fish Sh!T

Always amend your soil before planting with these.

Read these;
Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Here is our current Grow;
SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer

Watch this. It's made for Hydro growers but you want the light info.
Learn to figure out your DLI. In organics, its way more important than pH.

Dr. Bruce, Hydroponics 101,Max Yields, DLI

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I hate to use this, but treat each plant to 1/4 tbl spoon epsom salt. Top dress and then water it in.
Not worm castings.
They will cause an overload.

Also, you top dress a week before flipping to flower.

What kind of light do you have and where is it in relation to the tops of your plants?

Lnp32

Lnp32

I hate to use this, but treat each plant to 1/4 tbl spoon epsom salt. Top dress and then water it in.
Not worm castings.
They will cause an overload.

Also, you top dress a week before flipping to flower.

What kind of light do you have and where is it in relation to the tops of your plants?
Thanks for the info my friend 👍🏼
The light im using is a lumatek zeus 600w pro led. In canada and the states its sister company is photontek.
I usually keep my lights further away and work my way down, rather than hanging to close and working up. It says to keep lights at 40cm above canopy throughout grow from seedling to flower but i like to start with the lights at 1m above canopy at 50% power instead of 25% at 40cm and i never have any issues with growth. The issues come when its time to flip to flower. I never have to ammend the canna terra pro soil until flower as there seems to be enough nutrients in it to get me through veg.

Lnp32

Lnp32

Organic is as easy as it gets when done properly.
Your soil is not living and you have used up the add-ons.

Get these two and add according to directions the next feed that you have them.

Recharge

Fish Sh!T

Always amend your soil before planting with these.

Read these;
Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Here is our current Grow;
SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4 | THCFarmer

Watch this. It's made for Hydro growers but you want the light info.
Learn to figure out your DLI. In organics, its way more important than pH.

Dr. Bruce, Hydroponics 101,Max Yields, DLI
Thanks for all this great advice and tips.
I always grow in 7 gal fabric pots and realised just how much water they needed when i was giving approx 6 / 7 litres / 1.5 / 2 gal each just to saturate the soil with practically no run off. I think i will give your method a try in regards to making a little hole towards the bottom of the pot to test the moisture levels when i do my next grow.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

See what I mean bro the man is the shit lol. I was scared to do any grow after I lost almost 300 plants along with my friend but this forum has helped me so much. I'm glad I found this one I was on other ones but all they did was really talk shit. Here always helpful.

Lnp32

Lnp32

See what I mean bro the man is the shit lol. I was scared to do any grow after I lost almost 300 plants along with my friend but this forum has helped me so much. I'm glad I found this one I was on other ones but all they did was really talk shit. Here always helpful.
Thanks brother i really appreciate the help from you all. I think with growing its one of those things where you need to be shown in person atleast one full grow, to get the hang of it properly.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanx. I'm just a grower like you guys.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Thanks for all this great advice and tips.
I always grow in 7 gal fabric pots and realised just how much water they needed when i was giving approx 6 / 7 litres / 1.5 / 2 gal each just to saturate the soil with practically no run off. I think i will give your method a try in regards to making a little hole towards the bottom of the pot to test the moisture levels when i do my next grow.
The intensity pic is to show how the light being farther away is less intense.
Get you a soil moisture meter. Not the one with pH and light.

When to Water
Intensity
Lnp32

Lnp32

The intensity pic is to show how the light being farther away is less intense.
Get you a soil moisture meter. Not the one with pH and light.

i will make sure i do as you say 👍🏼
im also thinking, whether the issues ive had with the grow are to do with the canna terra pro i use. I read some wherethat its technically classed as a soilless mix because its peat based so ph should be treated as hydro at 5.8.
Not sure whether i should try another soil if this is the case. On the canna terra pro bag it says to ph to 6 which sounds very low for soil. What do you think ? Shall i find another soil with ph range of 6.5 + ?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

UK. There is another product you use instead of the Recharge. The name escapes me at the moment.
Also, I'm not sure if you can get the Fish Sh!T there either.

Just did a quick lookup.
Dr Earth's is your organic friend.
The organics amendments they have replace the Earth Dust.
All you need is worm castings. It should have the bacteria you need.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Lets have a pic of the Canna soil ingredients list.
If it has dolomite lime, then don't worry. It's pH balanced already.
And the organics will do any additional pH adjustments.

Last edited:
Lnp32

Lnp32

UK. There is another product you use instead of the Recharge. The name escapes me at the moment.
Also, I'm not sure if you can get the Fish Sh!T there either.

Just did a quick lookup.
Dr Earth's is your organic friend.
The organics amendments they have replace the Earth Dust.
All you need is worm castings. It should have the bacteria you need.
In the uk we have one called dr forest and here are the amendments with worm castings in them. Also with organic dry amendments, would you always top dress the full recommended amount of would you half it ?

1A092A68 E1EA 45C3 AA54 EC8514E28B4D
A9E9DEB6 BC9D 4E9B B5EB 148A3B49AC7C
BFCF0265 E9DE 4465 B62A C7AFA97646FB
B6EF10CA 76B9 4339 BD94 02403B84759F

Latest posts

Top Bottom