Top dress nutrients and light information

• Thread starter Lnp32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lnp32

Lnp32

How you want to grow is up to you.
NO coco in Organic. You WILL have mag issues.
I always go with Organic, but Hydro works well also. It's just way more work.
I feel that I provide everything it needs and I let it choose what it wants.

Do you think id be better off getting a bag of compost from local home depot and mixing worm castings and dry amendments from the start, rather than using the canna terra pro then ? Or should i just use the canna terra pro and amend a week before flower ? As there’s normally enough in it to take it 5 / 6 weeks from seed. My only worry is the canna terra pro doesnt seem completely organic either andThe bag says to ph at 6 which is closer to hydro.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Hydro pH is 5.5
Soil is 6.5 (IF you feed that way)
Organics, who cares about the pH? The soil adjusts it automatically.
By the time you amend and cook the canna terra, it will be a good living soil for the entire grow.
You will top dress a week before flip (at 7 weeks veg) and some Sticky Icky every third watering after flip.
depending on your strain, you can flower in 2 months or 3. And they will be dripping with trichs.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Do you think id be better off getting a bag of compost from local home depot and mixing worm castings and dry amendments from the start, rather than using the canna terra pro then ? Or should i just use the canna terra pro and amend a week before flower ? As there’s normally enough in it to take it 5 / 6 weeks from seed. My only worry is the canna terra pro doesnt seem completely organic either andThe bag says to ph at 6 which is closer to hydro.
You won't save much, but you will learn how to make a quality soil.

Lnp32

Lnp32

Hydro pH is 5.5
Soil is 6.5 (IF you feed that way)
Organics, who cares about the pH? The soil adjusts it automatically.
By the time you amend and cook the canna terra, it will be a good living soil for the entire grow.
You will top dress a week before flip (at 7 weeks veg) and some Sticky Icky every third watering after flip.
depending on your strain, you can flower in 2 months or 3. And they will be dripping with trichs.
So you wouldnt bother even phing and just water straight from tap ? My worry is because the canna terra pro is already pre charged, if i had the amendments and worm castings before potting, i may over do it, dont you think ? Im sure the npk on it reads 12.14.24 out of the bag and claims it lasts 4 weeks without any added fert. Im so sorry if im doing your head in mate im just all over the place with all the info at the moment. I cant wait until i do a full successful grow and get everything dialled in properly.
5B836687 7922 4DE1 93EF 1C062047032E

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

So you wouldnt bother even phing and just water straight from tap ? My worry is because the canna terra pro is already pre charged, if i had the amendments and worm castings before potting, i may over do it, dont you think ? Im sure the npk on it reads 12.14.24 out of the bag and claims it lasts 4 weeks without any added fert. Im so sorry if im doing your head in mate im just all over the place with all the info at the moment. I cant wait until i do a full successful grow and get everything dialled in properly.View attachment 1183404
Relax. This is why you want it to cook for 2 weeks, that way the MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) will come up to strength and begin to buffer all the food sources in the soil. You may get some tip burn but that is normal and can be ignored.

Lnp32

Lnp32

Relax. This is why you want it to cook for 2 weeks, that way the MBE's (Microbes, Bacteria, Enzymes) will come up to strength and begin to buffer all the food sources in the soil. You may get some tip burn but that is normal and can be ignored.
Ok i will chill lol i get over anxious with it all 🤣
One last thing id ask you is whether you think it would be a good idea to start seedlings in 2l pot for 2 weeks to establish roots and then transplanting straight into my 7 gallon pots ? Or should i transplant into a 3 gallon ( to see them through veg for 4 weeks ) and then a 7 gallon ready for flower ?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok i will chill lol i get over anxious with it all 🤣
One last thing id ask you is whether you think it would be a good idea to start seedlings in 2l pot for 2 weeks to establish roots and then transplanting straight into my 7 gallon pots ? Or should i transplant into a 3 gallon ( to see them through veg for 4 weeks ) and then a 7 gallon ready for flower ?
Use a Solo cup with the same soil mix instead. You want 3 cups per plant. 2 clear (to plant in with a score of holes in it, and a cap) and 1 solid color to hide the root cup from the light.

Lnp32

Lnp32

Use a Solo cup with the same soil mix instead. You want 3 cups per plant. 2 clear (to plant in with a score of holes in it, and a cap) and 1 solid color to hide the root cup from the light.
Ok thanks brother i really appreciate this 👍🏼
i suppose when it comes to watering aswell, i can add a tbsp or 2 of molasses to a 5 gallon bucket of water to benefit the bacteria in the soil too ?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok thanks brother i really appreciate this 👍🏼
i suppose when it comes to watering aswell, i can add a tbsp or 2 of molasses to a 5 gallon bucket of water to benefit the bacteria in the soil too ?
Just say NO to molasses.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL

Lnp32

Lnp32

Just say NO to molasses.

Basic Watering

Watering SOIL
Thank you brother 👍🏼 I honestly appreciate all the help and support you’ve given me. Have a great weekend and i’ll be in touch when i manage to sort my next grow out to let you know how it goes 👍🏼

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Ok so these are the things I got so far to use some were just impulse buys. Like the compost tea I got that because I know I will be needing one to add in my soil. But the plan is for me to make my own super soil and crazy compost over the next 2 to 3 grow cycles. so 1 is Nature's Living Soil concentrate 5 Lb. bag makes 25 gallons of soil. 2 Malibu Compost Biodynamic Tea 4 tea bags = 20 gallons of tea. I have 7 and 3 gallon fabric grow bags no 5 gallon in stores near me right now. A Vivo sun 4X4 tent with 6" inline fan and carbon canister. And here is the fun part I have 3 different grow lights and don't know what one I want to use 1 Mars Hydro TSW-2000, 1 Vivo sun VS1000 and a Phantom Photobio Mx 680w. I would like to use the Phantom but I think it is to big for a 4X4 tent, I also have a 5X5 tent wonder if it could work there. A friend gave me 2 of these Phantom led lights and there awesome but I don't know if I can use them at all in tents. Basically I need to know what I'm missing if anything especially amendments for the soil and plants. Do I need Molasses or Epson salt. When I mix the living soil with some potting soil do I need to add perlite to it or can I put a layer of small Lava rock in the bottom to ensure drainage and air circulation.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok so these are the things I got so far to use some were just impulse buys. Like the compost tea I got that because I know I will be needing one to add in my soil. But the plan is for me to make my own super soil and crazy compost over the next 2 to 3 grow cycles. so 1 is Nature's Living Soil concentrate 5 Lb. bag makes 25 gallons of soil. 2 Malibu Compost Biodynamic Tea 4 tea bags = 20 gallons of tea. I have 7 and 3 gallon fabric grow bags no 5 gallon in stores near me right now. A Vivo sun 4X4 tent with 6" inline fan and carbon canister. And here is the fun part I have 3 different grow lights and don't know what one I want to use 1 Mars Hydro TSW-2000, 1 Vivo sun VS1000 and a Phantom Photobio Mx 680w. I would like to use the Phantom but I think it is to big for a 4X4 tent, I also have a 5X5 tent wonder if it could work there. A friend gave me 2 of these Phantom led lights and there awesome but I don't know if I can use them at all in tents. Basically I need to know what I'm missing if anything especially amendments for the soil and plants. Do I need Molasses or Epson salt. When I mix the living soil with some potting soil do I need to add perlite to it or can I put a layer of small Lava rock in the bottom to ensure drainage and air circulation.

Again, just say NO to molasses.
You don't need it. The plant doesn't need it.
The plants do not eat sugars, they eat salts. Don't waste the molasses.

Many of us here do not like MarsHydro lighting for various reasons.
I'd like to see the other lights.

Living soil is just that, alive. It has living bacteria that help breakdown the soil into a form the microbes can get a hold of they break it down even further into a salt form the plants love.
Store bought bottled nutes are the exact same thing as the organics. Salt, both of them. The question is how do you deliver them? Naturally through the soil, or artificially thru the bottle?

The Natures soil amendment is costly and does the same thing as the other items already discussed in this thread. I don't care for the way they do soil. That doesn't mean its wrong, just that I don't do it that way for various reasons.

If you check my thread, you can see what I recommend as it is what we use.

MTLEADER

MTLEADER

Here is the link for the Phantom LED

the other light I have is a Vivosun VS1000 its small but it is what came with this Grow tent Kit I bought VIVOSUN 48x48x80" Reflective Mylar Grow Tent w/ VS1000 LED 6 Ventilation fan and Carbon filter.
My bad I'll be reading this and most all your other posts again

Lnp32

Lnp32

Ive researched abit more and i think im going to use canna’s full on organic soil which is known as canna bio, instead of canna terra. Also i was thinking, do you think it would be worth using a co2 bag for a 5 x 5 tent ? Would it help much ?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ive researched abit more and i think im going to use canna’s full on organic soil which is known as canna bio, instead of canna terra. Also i was thinking, do you think it would be worth using a co2 bag for a 5 x 5 tent ? Would it help much ?
I've never run CO2. @Aqua Man ^^^

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

With air exchange no is the short answer.

Where is the tent located? If in a basement room then it possibly could. But only if the co2 can be built up in the room that the tent is in.

You also need the lights to take advantage of it.

And understand co2 is % based increase to growth (about the best way I can think of to put it) basically the faster the growth you see before adding the more of an impact it will have. It doesn't take slow growth and make it explode.

So I'm short in soil you will see less benefits in terms of gains in growth speed than say aeroponics, hydroponics or soilless.

In addition it will proportionally increase the demand of nutrients with the % of growth rate increased and yet reduce the transpiration (uptake of water and nutrients) because of the increased efficiency of photosynthesis, actuallymaking it more water efficient. So this means you have to plan how your going to get more nutrients to the plant. I prefer an increase to the VPD and slight increase to the concentration of nutrients. Some will run the same VPD and higher ppm (some running in the range of 1600-2000) depending on many variables.

With organics I can see it being a bit of a challenge to manage the demand so possibly a higher VPD and teas would be the easiest way to address this. Although in soil you will not see as significant of benefits imo as other grow styles.

You also don't wanna bother wasting co2 on small plants as like I said it's benefits are seen on a % bases of photosynthesis. A plant with 10-20 leaves vs a plant with 100-200 have extremely different total over photosynthetic rates.

To make an example with made up units.

20 leaves produce 20 units of energy. Co2 can improve this by say 20% so you have a net gain of 4 units a day for total of 24.

200 leaves produce 200units and a 20% increase would be a net gain of 40 units... so 240 total units of energy.

Hope that makes sense

Lnp32

Lnp32

With air exchange no is the short answer.

Where is the tent located? If in a basement room then it possibly could. But only if the co2 can be built up in the room that the tent is in.

You also need the lights to take advantage of it.

And understand co2 is % based increase to growth (about the best way I can think of to put it) basically the faster the growth you see before adding the more of an impact it will have. It doesn't take slow growth and make it explode.

So I'm short in soil you will see less benefits in terms of gains in growth speed than say aeroponics, hydroponics or soilless.

In addition it will proportionally increase the demand of nutrients with the % of growth rate increased and yet reduce the transpiration (uptake of water and nutrients) because of the increased efficiency of photosynthesis, actuallymaking it more water efficient. So this means you have to plan how your going to get more nutrients to the plant. I prefer an increase to the VPD and slight increase to the concentration of nutrients. Some will run the same VPD and higher ppm (some running in the range of 1600-2000) depending on many variables.

With organics I can see it being a bit of a challenge to manage the demand so possibly a higher VPD and teas would be the easiest way to address this. Although in soil you will not see as significant of benefits imo as other grow styles.

You also don't wanna bother wasting co2 on small plants as like I said it's benefits are seen on a % bases of photosynthesis. A plant with 10-20 leaves vs a plant with 100-200 have extremely different total over photosynthetic rates.

To make an example with made up units.

20 leaves produce 20 units of energy. Co2 can improve this by say 20% so you have a net gain of 4 units a day for total of 24.

200 leaves produce 200units and a 20% increase would be a net gain of 40 units... so 240 total units of energy.

Hope that makes sense
Wow that was a lot to take in, you know your stuff lol 👍🏼 Thanks very much for the feedback. My grow tent is a 5ft x 5ft and its in my bedroom which is approx 10m2 in size.
Its not a completely sealed off room, although when i close my door, it almost is. I have my exhaust going out my bedroom window but i only keep the window on the latch so there’s a tiny gap for the exhausted air to get out. I cant open the window wide because its freezing in the uk and the temps will drop big time.
Could i use a couple of co2 bags and close the window completely and keep the bedroom door shut ? Would that be good enough or do i need to i need to remove the exhausted air ?

Lnp32

Lnp32

Wow that was a lot to take in, you know your stuff lol 👍🏼 Thanks very much for the feedback. My grow tent is a 5ft x 5ft and its in my bedroom which is approx 10m2 in size.
Its not a completely sealed off room, although when i close my door, it almost is. I have my exhaust going out my bedroom window but i only keep the window on the latch so there’s a tiny gap for the exhausted air to get out. I cant open the window wide because its freezing in the uk and the temps will drop big time.
Could i use a couple of co2 bags and close the window completely and keep the bedroom door shut ? Would that be good enough or do i need to i need to remove the exhausted air ?
By the way, id be doing 4 plants in either 7 or 9 gallon pots and i like to veg them just under a metre tall, including topping. So i like to get them fairly big before flower.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

By the way, id be doing 4 plants in either 7 or 9 gallon pots and i like to veg them just under a metre tall, including topping. So i like to get them fairly big before flower.
You can but you will need to dehumidify the room as it will get very high if your exhausting into it.

Temo and humidity won't be the most comfortable if you keep it to the plants ideals.

Be a sweaty hot mess lol.

Lnp32

Lnp32

You can but you will need to dehumidify the room as it will get very high if your exhausting into it.

Temo and humidity won't be the most comfortable if you keep it to the plants ideals.

Be a sweaty hot mess lol.

lol ok thanks.
Well ive got a dehumidifier so i could do it as its freezing in the uk now anyway and its only going to get colder. Also, the higher humidity will suit the veg process and maybe when flower comes, because it likes cooler temps, i could have the window on the latch to bring temps down abit, exhaust the filtered air and bring humidity down too.

Top Bottom