TrainWreck Grow Log

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

British_Hempire

Looking good, TW is a stretcher, and the stems are weak so she needs support.

F

FastForward

Thanks BH. She's so floppy....if they were any closer to ripe I'm chop them right now for the smoke but both plants are looking so underdone at 64 days.

All the plants in that tent are being particularly slow, so I'm wondering if it isn't my bulb or something. The bulb is 6 months old and it's the only thing that makes any sense. I have 2xTW, 1xLR2, 1xHashPlant in there. The LR2 is into week 11 and still has clear trichs. The HP is week 10 and also lots of clear trichs. The 2xTW have mostly white pistils and clear trichs. Everything seems to be taking a lot longer and I can't work out why....

...so tonight I've swapped out the 400HPS for a 400MH to give the girls a little nudge in finishing.

B

British_Hempire

Could be our winter temps, dropping the temps a bit can slow flowering.

TW is very floppy, with this line I just tried to keep it close to the original Arcata cut so the floppiness is still there, in the future I am to fix that damn floppy trait, it's a long term project tho.

I made a few TW crosses, if ya wanna test any of em, gimme a shout!

F

FastForward

Thanks BH. She's a total beast in all respects! She looks like she's lurching with arms outstretched and a hunchback - and now is starting to smell like the archetypal 'minty whale'. I've got one tied up and the other resting on the HP.

Met up with mates tonight and we tried to unravel what I've done re: mothers. It turns out that I gave two plants to my friend to keep in his mother tent. One turned out to be a male (!) and the other is what I and spanishped are growing right now. Interestingly, spanishped's are 56ish days and almost all brown pistils. Another mate's are at 60ish and looking very white pistilled. So, it's all a bit of a mystery. If spanishped's weren't so far along it would make sense... so, we'll see. The good news is that there's only one mum/cut floating around my farming circle.

All 3 of us growing it agree that she stinks, used to smell brilliant, and looks to yield like a complete monster. Ugly bitches with really fingery buds that are all cola - and I think one of them we're talking 4ft cola... will get photos when I can.

Ah yes, one more thing - instead of Boost and PK, today I added in Plagron's Green Sensation at 1ml/litre to the new tank for the TW. Got a freebie tester and it looks like good stuff...

B

British_Hempire

Glad you're enjoying her, I think TW is one of the very best around, it's in my all-time top 5 for sure. Marijuana mat reported pretty much exactly what you did - monsters that stank to high heaven and he kept the very stinkiest which he says he adores.

I popped some TW beans into germ yesterday, I'm gonna work it another gen to lock down that really stinky Arcata pheno a bit more.

The main motivation tho is I figure a TW male is the ideal choice to pollinate my monster Highland Oaxacan Gold female.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Now that's what TW should look like:muscle

P

ProGroWannabe

No need to sell it to him BH, from what I hear, if he sees it he'll find a way to steal it.

F

FastForward

LOL....you should put them out under BHS Co...it would set the record straight for thousands of people who think they are growing it....

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah true-that FF! Lots of folks would like to have the real deal.

F

FastForward

Question for the learned amongst us: is it better to count flowering time from the first appearance of bud formation, or from when they are flicked over to 12/12 from 24/0?

I know they'll take longer to bloom from a 24/0 veg cycle, but should I add an extra week onto the back end of things to compensate for it? And would that explain why my stuff is taking longer than expected? Most of my vegging, including the TW, has been done for 30d @ 24/0.

B

British_Hempire

Quite a few have, I gave away a lot of TW seeds and sold a few more, once word gets around maybe more folks will wanna try my version.

P

ProGroWannabe

I'd like to try it whenever they become available again, BH.

P

phoenix

I second that,soon as she is ready just give us a shout as to which auction/site they are available from and i'd be quite happy to stick me hand in me pocket for those,wasn't overly impressed with ghs ,at all!Found a respectable pheno but nothing like the og im sure.[all pheno's chucked narna's]prolloy about the only similarity to the arcata!
@FF-Those of yours look really healthy and vigorous-well done fella.

F

FastForward

Day 69 of 12/12

It's easier to take lights on photos with the MH in, so I took a bunch of photos including some macros. Most hastily taken but should give a better idea of what they're up to. Pistils have finally started to change. The buds are quite light and fluffy - maybe the MH will tighten them up?

IMG 5141
IMG 5142
 MG 5178
 MG 5179
 MG 5180
IMG 5140
IMG 5143
IMG 5144
IMG 5145
IMG 5148
IMG 5146
IMG 5149
IMG 5150
IMG 5151
IMG 5152
IMG 5153
B

British_Hempire

She will fatten up a good bit in the next couple of weeks, she fills in at the end. Resin is looking nice at this point, always plenty of triches with TW.

P

ProGroWannabe

Gott-Damn, she may be a bit fluffy at this point, but there's a gazillion buds there man! I'm shocked........

F

FastForward

BH - how do you PK these? I've been PKing since 3rd week I think - should I back off and just feed the coco nutes, zyme and booster? Or carry on until flush...?

S

soul and grow

the train wreck went crazy in my pots it turned into 1 giant ball of thc not big but crazy looking as i said have i it in again will c what hapens

B

British_Hempire

I give em PK right up until I start the flush, they like to feed heavily I found.

Top Bottom