TrainWreck Grow Log

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

soul and grow

we have done the train wreck it was crazy when flowered turned into u giant ball of thc like crystal will see what hapens this time as the cut is in veg

B

British_Hempire

Oh yeah, the TW is a gooey resinous bitch, makes her a superb strain for making hash. The TW jelly hash I made last year by blending dry sift with QWISO was like crack, strongest sativa hit I've ever smoked, a line of the QWISO down a joint was mental, TW to me is one of the best hash strains.

DSCF0007
DSCF0008
DSCF0010
DSCF0001
DSCF0002
DSCF0003
F

FastForward

That glob of goodness looks like a heart in a transplant tray!!!!! BH, one day you're going to have to pass on your uber postprocessing techniques to me, although I am a bit scared of isopropyl, butane and other relative nasties. Whatever trim I get from the TW I plan on bubblebagging....figured that's the first skill to learn and then work from there?

B

British_Hempire

QWISO is a piece of piss, just need a couple of glass jars, some Isoproyl alcohol and a filter of some kind - I used the bottom of an old hash bag.

DSCF0001
DSCF0002
DSCF0003
DSCF0004
DSCF0005
F

FastForward

Awesome, thanks...have got filters here (biodiesel @ 25, 50, 75, 100 and 200 microns - poor man's bubblebags). Once you get it to that last stage do you wait for the iso to evaporate out or syringe out the fluid?

B

British_Hempire

I let it evaporate but you could use a syringe to get rid of most of it once it's settled, then you purge it good over a bowl of boiling water.

F

FastForward

The TW are coming along, filling in a bit too (day 75 today). I've bent one of them over to get her under the light because at the moment only the lower branches are looking fat and particularly juicy. Will post photos tomorrow when lights are on.

What I wanted to say was it seems from my powdery mildew fun and games that this TW is very pm resistant. I know that's like commentators curse or just asking for it, but it has in the very least resisted in presence of mildew. I let down the right hand TW to let it hang down like the other because I was concerned about rot and pm....but when I let it down everything was fine behind...

She's a hardy one BH....

edit: p.s. I'm smoking a tester popcorn from low down and it tastes like one of those bog cleaners...not bleach...hard to describe...tastes like one of those pucks in the urinals smells like!! Not a good test, thought I'd share :)

leadplant

leadplant

"...tastes like one of those pucks in the urinals smells like!!"

LOL - I think you just invented a new description. Fits right in with "catpiss" and "rotten meat."

F

FastForward

Day 75 of 12/12

Pistils are starting to change - just starting to get to the upper cola/head. I've had to add a snoe sleepaa into the room because it's getting too big and need to flower, but I've got no room.

Still on EC1.8 I think, pH 5.5-5.8ish....might starting thinking about a flush, but want to see if the buds fatten up at all before I do that.

IMG 5227
IMG 5228
IMG 5229
IMG 5232
IMG 5233
IMG 5234
IMG 5235
IMG 5236
IMG 5237
IMG 5239
IMG 5244
S

Stackin Paper

That 1st and 2nd pic are the weirdest branches i've ever seen, i'd keep an eye out for mould when it starts filling out.

Monkfish

Monkfish

looks some potent herb there ff...i love gals with legs

bests monkf

F

FastForward

Day 77, end week 10 into week 11

Not much to report....pistils continue to change. I think these girls, or this pheno in particular, would benefit from more space and light than I've been giving them. They're so tall and fat that ideally I think they could use a 2-3m high space (mine is <2m) as well as some decent side lighting to ensure that the length of the plant gets enough lumens. Or some training/topping/that sort of thing.

It looks like the middle section has the fattest, most well formed buds - that are absolutely covered in trichs, covering inner leaves to the tip. Whiter than The White in parts to my nub eyes. The middle section is from about half way down the main cola to the bottom of it and the surrounding side buds. Everything else up top is immature and thin, low trichs and more like a fir tree or something. I think it's down to my setup and the light because in a better growspace I think she'd probably yield off-the-scale quantities of mad trichs.

Anyhow, I think I might start flushing any day now. I don't think buds are going to fatten any more, but I'll wait and see what BH says.

IMG 5257
IMG 5258
IMG 5259
IMG 5260
IMG 5261
IMG 5262
IMG 5263
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
My, she is massive now! Looks real nice. A def sativa pheno if ever i saw one. hehe.

B

British_Hempire

77 days should be about as far as she will go before starting to get over ripe, sadly, if the buds haven't filled in by now, they probably won't get much fatter, perhaps the top didn't get as much light?

F

FastForward

The tops definitely didn't get as much light because I had them tied up, and the tops of the one on the right wasn't getting direct light - I just didn't have the space vertically to accommodate her properly. Will start a flush later on tonight. Going to use pH 5.5 tap water, no Ripen. I've got my suspicions about Ripen...

B

British_Hempire

Sadly I think it's a case of the lack of light on the tops causing them to be underdeveloped. TW is definitely more easily managed from clone, she loves to stretch, but hey, you know that now!

I'm sure after you get to smoke the buds you will decide you wanna run it again from clone.

F

FastForward

I cut off some droopy lower popcorn stuff and dried it out and even that had a hard edge to it - smoking a fat, mature, flushed bud I suspect will reach the parts other greens don't reach!! In the very least I'm going to make QWISO or Bubble out of the tops...there's still trichs there, just not that dense or developed.

And man o man - I still am deeply in love with the smell. So far the smell differs from the taste by a LONG way, but that's unflushed etc....but the smell is like she was a few weeks back....very very sweet artificial candy with heavy skunky/ganja undertones. I'd wear her as an aftershave if I could :) (and do, inadvertently....the mrs says I need to wear a gardening jacket or something because the TW esp. makes me reek when I go out!!).

B

British_Hempire

Ah well, smoke the fat middle buds, make the loose tops into hash, smoke that lot while ya wait for some TW cuts to flower! lol

F

FastForward

My mate has just left after a good 4 hour sesh, smoking mostly sample TW. Given a couple of days in the jar the menthol/minty element is really strong now and the sweetness has dropped right away. It's definitely not the finished product yet, but jeeez, for a sample smoke it was gorgeous. I know I haven't been properly stoned for a while but even at a relatively immature stage its showing some character.... strong bassy stone with sativa perks and a unique taste (to me at least) that is really moreish. I'm really looking forward to when this girl is done properly because I'm looking forward to the comfortably numb oblivion that I think she's got waiting for me...

edit: Also started a pH 5.5 tapwater flush today...no drippers, just old fashioned in the top. It's nice having a res underneath to catch the runoff so no need to move these fat girls (who I don't think would support themselves outside of the tent)

Top Bottom