Transplant before mainline training?

• Thread starter StalkerAF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Here’s what I did recently after doing some more research and reading your guys feedback, thank you. Not sure if I want that many potential colas… 16 if I’m doing that correctly. They seem to look pretty decent though. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks
534FE4BA FD6D 4711 B081 8AFD690E9748

748297A6 549B 445B A417 D08CA631CC38
EE30E033 C02E 4FAA 83AC 1B7D0981C519
9FEA2BA1 368D 40F5 9E81 FC8BE91CB4A0
D

Deaner

Here’s what I did recently after doing some more research and reading your guys feedback, thank you. Not sure if I want that many potential colas… 16 if I’m doing that correctly. They seem to look pretty decent though. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks View attachment 1983195
Hi.
Looking good. You now have 4 main colas. They say to trim all leave, up to the main colas, as they will not keep up to vertical growth and become shaded. Also 16 colas is more of an outside grow. Not recommended more than 8 in an inside grow. I found 4 to 6 cola right. 4 colas will be fatter, 6 colas a little more product. Looking great, and healthy. Your off and running.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Hello all, another quick update:

Plants seems healthy and taking well to the mainlining preparations…I think so at least. Question, I am considering cutting off the outer nodes, probably what I should have done in the first place. By doing that, this would potentially give me 8 colas total and if I left the outer growing nodes that would potentially be 16 colas. Is this correct?

Ps I’m not in a rush to flower just experimenting really.

Thanks for the input

F03BD609 CEE4 4892 986E 90BB84405224
50E79F78 7B37 4FA1 968A 79BF1771337E
39F512E1 2578 4367 BE64 799866AE3B8C
08E58953 5317 4299 9268 F57CA897E7BA
StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Hi.
Looking good. You now have 4 main colas. They say to trim all leave, up to the main colas, as they will not keep up to vertical growth and become shaded. Also 16 colas is more of an outside grow. Not recommended more than 8 in an inside grow. I found 4 to 6 cola right. 4 colas will be fatter, 6 colas a little more product. Looking great, and healthy. Your off and running.
Thanks Deaner, guess I’m counting 4 colas on each side totaling 8? I believe you are right about the 4-6 colas indoors and that’s what I would like to shoot for.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

You want to let the pots dry out then thoroughly water.....but not get so dry that it creates bone dry pockets that become hard to penetrate, by both water and roots. When you water it shpuld be thorough, but not overly soaked.....
Believe I got this down watering them yesterday.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Hi.
Looking good. You now have 4 main colas. They say to trim all leave, up to the main colas, as they will not keep up to vertical growth and become shaded. Also 16 colas is more of an outside grow. Not recommended more than 8 in an inside grow. I found 4 to 6 cola right. 4 colas will be fatter, 6 colas a little more product. Looking great, and healthy. You’re off and running.
Do you think I should cut the outer growths?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Do you think I should cut the outer growths?
Never cut, trim, prune......unless you have a very good reason to. You should make the least amount of cuts possible, and if there isn't a really good reason for it.....don't do it. And "so other areas can get more light" is usually not a good reason. Most of the time what that really is is "removing the plant's overall ability to grow by reducing photosynthesis". Old growth, bottom growth, lower fan leaves that aren't getting much light AND blocking branches, or blocking good air flow.......those you can make a case for, but each cut should be judged on an individual basis, and each cut needs a darn good reason.

Sometimes, when I'm really on the fence about a certain fan leaf, I'll compromise. Instead of cutting that fan leaf I'll cut only the large middle blade of the fan leaf and come back to it another day.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

In
Never cut, trim, prune......unless you have a very good reason to. You should make the least amount of cuts possible, and if there isn't a really good reason for it.....don't do it. And "so other areas can get more light" is usually not a good reason. Most of the time what that really is is "removing the plant's overall ability to grow by reducing photosynthesis". Old growth, bottom growth, lower fan leaves that aren't getting much light AND blocking branches, or blocking good air flow.......those you can make a case for, but each cut should be judged on an individual basis, and each cut needs a darn good reason.

Sometimes, when I'm really on the fence about a certain fan leaf, I'll compromise. Instead of cutting that fan leaf I'll cut only the large middle blade of the fan leaf and come back to it another day.

Interesting thank you. Only good reason would be to create a smaller footprint. Feel like I should just let them do their thing and learn for the next round.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
You're doing a good job. I like this strategy. I tend to go more "whole plant" and use sorta old-school methods, tying down, typical LST stuff. I'm just using these bending/training clips for the first time, to me that's high-tech. ;)

I would just add, and I think you said it, be patient, give them time to grow out and develop before you flower......when I say "don't cut/prune unless you have a darn good reason", this is of course outside the goal of this mainlining you're doing.

Looking forward to seeing the results. Good job.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

You're doing a good job. I like this strategy. I tend to go more "whole plant" and use sorta old-school methods, tying down, typical LST stuff. I'm just using these bending/training clips for the first time, to me that's high-tech. ;)

I would just add, and I think you said it, be patient, give them time to grow out and develop before you flower......when I say "don't cut/prune unless you have a darn good reason", this is of course outside the goal of this mainlining you're doing.

Looking forward to seeing the results. Good job.
Thanks again. I definitely see some good potential for getting to be creative and artistic like, almost like a symmetrical mandala drawling. Pretty sure I will be hooked on this method.

H

hawkman

Nice training !! Just remember be it transplanting or mainlining Both stress the plant - one might consider transplanting in final container before mainlining ??? At any rate your plants look great, healthy, good method training

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Thanks again. I definitely see some good potential for getting to be creative and artistic like, almost like a symmetrical mandala drawling. Pretty sure I will be hooked on this method.
I keep thinking Hanukkah Menorah... ;)

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Another update and things seem to be going well, still training and trying to keep all plants around similar heights. 2 of them are doing pretty well and spreading out nicely and I have one that seems to be a bit more bushy and not as tall or spread out. I decided to go another week or 2 for veg/training to get things squared away.

Question: should I lose some of the larger fan leaves and thing out the plants some? I understand the leaves are great for the photosynthesis purposes but they do seem to be getting crowded with fan leaves. As a reminder I am moving the plants to my larger room in the next week or 2.

Thanks all

13783474 A3A3 478F 9F0C 4B3B8433815F
9F013F46 6323 4895 AD0B 25B8A9BF2703
D9B651AA 0AC2 4A19 84D8 1BCC4C205F36
E96716B5 11C9 4EB4 B75D 53E10DB5E4E1
976B0321 BD5B 4A00 A9D4 7D065652B842
D

Deaner

Another update and things seem to be going well, still training and trying to keep all plants around similar heights. 2 of them are doing pretty well and spreading out nicely and I have one that seems to be a bit more bushy and not as tall or spread out. I decided to go another week or 2 for veg/training to get things squared away.

Question: should I lose some of the larger fan leaves and thing out the plants some? I understand the leaves are great for the photosynthesis purposes but they do seem to be getting crowded with fan leaves. As a reminder I am moving the plants to my larger room in the next week or 2.

Thanks all
I just followed the directions on that mainlining tutorial. Just keep in mind that the four main callers are going to grow vertical probably 2, or almost 3 ft tall by the time you're done. I'm not sure if those center flowers will get buried or not. Personally I remove them, and let those four main colas go vertical

D

Deaner

I just followed the directions on that mainlining tutorial. Just keep in mind that the four main callers are going to grow vertical probably 2, or almost 3 ft tall by the time you're done. I'm not sure if those center flowers will get buried or not. Personally I remove them, and let those four main colas go vertical
Try to leave any fan leaves or leaves on your vertical colas alone just let them be, when they go vertical you'll be golden.

StalkerAF

StalkerAF

Thanks Deaner, I have absolutely considered cut the outer colas and concentrating on the 4 inner ones…then again I also wonder how these will turn out with continuous training. I know it would be much easier if I went that route. Maybe I will consider a test on one of them. I will take off a few of the bottom leaves that are not apart of the vertical growths.

D

Deaner

Thanks Deaner, I have absolutely considered cut the outer colas and concentrating on the 4 inner ones…then again I also wonder how these will turn out with continuous training. I know it would be much easier if I went that route. Maybe I will consider a test on one of them. I will take off a few of the bottom leaves that are not apart of the vertical growths.
No you want to leave the four outer colas because those are your main colas, it's the two closest to your vertical stem that I would remove. Remember you have four main callers now I like the corners of a dice

D

Deaner

No you want to leave the four outer colas because those are your main colas, it's the two closest to your vertical stem that I would remove. Remember you have four main callers now I like the corners of a dice

D

Deaner

Sorry take the four in the middle. Leave the leaves and the four corner Colas.
Give it a week or so, and you will see it come together. Four cola, and vertical growth. Then your work is pretty much done let har grow. All four colas will stay close to the same canopy hight throughout the grow.

D

Deaner

This is where you should be. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Just need to remove the 4 center growths

Latest posts

Top Bottom