Trees are for fun not for effiency

• Thread starter Donkdbz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mango420

mango420

hey donk, could you tell me how you regulate flow to each plant as it looks like your just using barbed t's on your feed rings.. Ive just set up a cheap drip system with 1, 2gph dripper per plant but the area getting wet is very minimal compared to the pot size(20g). I was gonna copy your feed rings but was told i wouldnt be able to regulate flow without drippers. Thanks

D

Donkdbz

yep 1/4 barbed T's on the rings. I use 3/4 pvc ball valve before each ring

M

mrdizzle

Im liking the idea of 8 vertical 600's with 6-600s over head. I could see that putting out some serious quality

S

spinkus

I remember seeing TK run verticals with a couple horizontal 1000's over head

D

Donkdbz

day 36

having put mad yoyo's up
IMG_5077.JPG
IMG_5072.JPG
IMG_5070.JPG
IMG_5069.JPG

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Beautiful! I just saw at home depot today that they have quarter inch ball valves for the micro tubing. I got a mini chubby honestly because I use drip rings too!

B

brookstown

It's hard to picture unless you have done it. But 4lbs in my buckets is obtainable,

Trees have been the most efficient way I have grow to date. I only veg in the buckets for 7 days then flip.

is this logged somewhere. 7 days and u pull what.?

M

mrdizzle

^^^ he also forgets to mention that he uses 8,000kwh per month for a 8k set up, which is the like running a 20lighter, so probably not as efficient as he claims

D

Donkdbz

Day 43

some canopy shots
slh
IMG_5219.JPG

plat og
IMG_52201.JPG

close ups
slh
IMG_5226.JPG

plat og
IMG_5227.JPG

lower bubba kush
IMG_5230.JPG

another downside of trees...besides the forever veg
IMG_5234.JPG
IMG_5240.JPG

shit falls all over the place when the weight packs on. Yoyos help but you need a ton and its a bitch to get around to use em.

I have plenty of idea's for cage designs.....but trying to get em kiss style. where there not a hassle to make.

the plat and bubba nugs are small but super dense. when my friend ran em they only shrunk to 65-75% of wet size

mango420

mango420

Those are looking mighty sweet man!!! Was wondering if you could tell me what kinda ppm you've been using through flower so far? And how do you know how much they can handle?

GodZsoN

GodZsoN

Looking good.. Like the upside down idea.. Pack'n on the weight

D

Donkdbz

Been running 1.9 EC so 950 on 500scale. but.....my amount of runoff and not been so good so every 3rd or 4th day. Topping res off with just RO and knocking the EC to below 1 for a day or 2 then back to normal.

Tip Burn on newer growth.

D

Donkdbz

The upside down was not on purpose and you want to avoid it. The buds start lying on top of each other and get no light. I was saying its a downfall of my poorly planned plant support.

M

mrdizzle

hey bud that tip burn is usually cal-mg uptake problems, happens all the time with trees once you add pk boosters. still a good idea to flush thou,

I used to flush everytime I would refilled my res, I would add 20gal in my 44gal res, ph it , then run the pumps until it was all gone, then refill with regular nutes

J

Jalisco Kid

I would get a couple bags of yo-yo's. The weight gain would more then pay for themselves. Good luck on your cosecha. JK

D

Donkdbz

I had 65mg 130Ca and 210K at peak. so ratios are good I think I just had some salt buildup in the medium.

I went through 4 bags of YoYo's. I just gave up after that. Too hard for me to get in there without snapping any more branches

Top Bottom