• Thread starter Trixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSD

TSD

How cold is that water?

This reminds me of why I hated taking pics under HPS -- everything in the light looks yellow, everything in the shadows looks green.
I don't think that's soley from cold water...when need be, mine get watered from a hose from a well that is frigid and they don't curl and look like that, they don't care at all... they prefer river water it seems... maybe it's the fish poo, maybe it's the temp lol... that is warmer in summer, but also quite cold in spring and fall. I get that indoor is different obviously, they aren't as hardy from being exposed to the elements.
I don't want @Trixie To feel we're ganging up on them here, but I fear something else is up... but they seem to think not, so, se la vie. 🤷‍♀️

Trixie

Trixie

do if maybe you recommend getting a heat mat? its amazing how just the temp of water being cold shrivels em up. im gona start warming my water up too
I have 11 three and five gallon pots to water every day. Using a heating mat will not work for that reason.

Last edited:
Trixie

Trixie

How cold is that water?

This reminds me of why I hated taking pics under HPS -- everything in the light looks yellow, everything in the shadows looks green.
Sorry I will get a shot of the plants with the lights off and post for a better look. .

Trixie

Trixie

The plants have grown up past my boobs and shoulder high now and flowering like crazy. I will get a shot without the lights on and post it for everyone to see.

Trixie

Trixie

At the top of the diary page, it says a place for growers to share their growing technics and experiences. If you are here to criticize me and challenge my growing skills, you need to be quiet and let me grow before you say anything. Anyone that is against me is showing me insecurities in their own growing skills.
There are 30 different cannabis forums and plenty of places to spend my time sharing posts or diaries. If you want to keep members and keep getting posts then please quit disrespecting me and my growing skills.

Trixie

Trixie

Looks like watering frequency or technique may be an issue. plant needs more nitrogen but hard to say if there is a lack of N or an uptake issue causing this
Thanks, Aqua Man you are right, I'm having a little difficulty with watering frequency. It seems like some of the 3-gallon pots are taking up more liquid in one day than I can give them. I don't want to up-pott because the pots are too big now. I bring feed water in every day and water only what needs watering. Some of the 3-gallon pots are getting feed water every day. However, dropping a few bottom leaves may be in my best interest to allow light into the lower branches.

Trixie

Trixie

The plants get the manufactures recommendation of nitrogen off the table chart @ 50% with every watering. I have almost dropped all the Grow nutrients down to 1 ml and added 6 ml of bloom. This is the time for lower nitrogen according to the General Hydroponics table chart.

Trixie

Trixie

Aqua man that is what makes this grow different from a lot of others. I use very little fertilizer and save a lot of money and still get super buds. I have gotten a lot of success using this method and wanted to share it to help others. I'm not sharing this info with people that already know how to grow successfully. This is a thread about a growing method to help people grow cannabis and not argue about it. I hear a lot of people talk about FFOF and PROmix here and wanted to help.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
It wouldn't be in your very own interest to keep criticism out. You should actually invite it. Maybe someone has something interesting to say during these arguments. As long as things stay polite and honest.

How cold was that water to begin with? Coldness introduces multiple problems to a soil -
(a) microbes mineralize less food for the plant to uptake
(b) the water matrix potential gets reduced to have less free water. The roots increasingly can drink less and less, it's why plants don't grow in winter (the sun, even low in the sky would actually still be strong for photosynthesis...)
(c) generally lower metabolism when the lower water temperature manifests itself partially throughout the plant

However, plants can adapt. There have been studies showing that if you plant a seed in a cold environment the plant later will have a way better tolerance to cold than if it was raised in a warm surrounding.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
At the top of the diary page, it says a place for growers to share their growing technics and experiences. If you are here to criticize me and challenge my growing skills, you need to be quiet and let me grow before you say anything. Anyone that is against me is showing me insecurities in their own growing skills.
There are 30 different cannabis forums and plenty of places to spend my time sharing posts or diaries. If you want to keep members and keep getting posts then please quit disrespecting me and my growing skills.
HAHAHAHAHA..
You’re fucking nuts!!!!..
you can leave and join another forum!!!!..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks, Aqua Man you are right, I'm having a little difficulty with watering frequency. It seems like some of the 3-gallon pots are taking up more liquid in one day than I can give them. I don't want to up-pott because the pots are too big now. I bring feed water in every day and water only what needs watering. Some of the 3-gallon pots are getting feed water every day. However, dropping a few bottom leaves may be in my best interest to allow light into the lower branches.
hahahahaha.. and your giving advice????? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Aqua man that is what makes this grow different from a lot of others. I use very little fertilizer and save a lot of money and still get super buds. I have gotten a lot of success using this method and wanted to share it to help others. I'm not sharing this info with people that already know how to grow successfully. This is a thread about a growing method to help people grow cannabis and not argue about it. I hear a lot of people talk about FFOF and PROmix here and wanted to help.
i grow more simple and cheaper than you with much better results.,
maybe you should follow my advice!

Moshmen

Moshmen

I have 11 three and five gallon pots to water every day. Using a heating mat will not work for that reason.
If your watering 3 and 5 gallon every day something is wrong - that’s possibly why the leaves are droopy and leathery - overwatering?

No one means any disrespect just trying to help you get to top shelf bud! Open your mind ! Lots of great advice and growers here

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I use GH nutes in promix type soils I feed according to their feed chart. In 3 gallon pots it takes 1 gallon of water every 3-4 days with a feed every second time. For numbers I feed starting around the 3rd week with 2/2/2....then next week 3/3/3 to a max of 5/5/5 in veg. I'll veg for 2+ months in 3 gal pots.

I'm thinking your watering practice needs changing, watering around the edges is weird WTF the roots mass is not just located on the edge, specially in fabric pots.......I think you need to spend some time reading the forums of the various growers here to get a better idea on how to be successful growing you erb.

TSD

TSD

If your watering 3 and 5 gallon every day something is wrong - that’s possibly why the leaves are droopy and leathery - overwatering?

No one means any disrespect just trying to help you get to top shelf bud! Open your mind ! Lots of great advice and growers here
I was thinking the same, no way they're getting a dry period at all with that frequency of watering. @Trixie everyone is just trying to help you do your best, but that can't happen if you get defensive and offended. I have been growing on and off for over 20 years, I still make mistakes every year, I still learn every year. I still do shit I know isn't the best way because I'm working with what I have. The point of the forum is sharing knowledge with each other. If I posted a pic of a plant that looks like shit and proceeded to tell others my methods to get the same results, I would fully expect one of the guys to bring me back to planet earth. Not saying your plants are shit, they're just having a few issues. If you can't look at your own grow with a critical eye, how are you going to improve? Like my auto in my closet, it's growing, but I'm not smashing it, I probably fed it too close together, the environment fluctuates because it's not automated, I'm the controller lol. I know this, I know I could do better, and if anyone told me how to do better in a nice way, I wouldn't get offended, I'd say thanks for the info, cause that's why I'm here. Maybe it's just a personality thing, some people can't take advice or constructive criticism and have a very thin skin. I know my bitch button gets pushed when people are condescending and I can see how some above comments could seem condescending and be taken as a little harsh... but I think they're being presented that way to you because you are presenting yourself to us as an expert and the pics don't back that up. Not saying you're not skilled, but again, you need to look at your own grow with a critical eye, I know it can feel a little like calling your own children ugly lol, but it's a needed skill to be a master of the ganja growing. Let's everyone chill, if she doesn't want our advice, let's stop giving it, she's the one smoking the buds, not us. ✌️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom