Trixie's tricks and growing tips

• Thread starter Trixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

There are better units of measurement just saying…. @Trixie this is your diary and that should be respected.

while i find a lot of your support given to other growers questionable at best and will continue to correct what i feel is information that at times could harm others grows.

while we don’t exactly see eye to eye (restraint used here as the previous conversation leaves a large opening for humour). This your space to share your views.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I don't know how Trixie feels, but I enjoy the random nonsense on my diaries, at least people are participating... I've seen diaries with almost no comments or followers, and that's no fun. She's probably gonna peace out though if we keep ragging on her grow, so let's just follow along and observe unless she asks for insight maybe?
I have absolutely no problem with Trixie being a part of this community and welcome them in regardless of gender or experience.

I have a problem with coming off like an authority on virtually every post and giving bad advice like they are a pro. Often the advice is just plain wrong, sometimes outlandish. Like 2000 PPM of CO2 will kill plants and humans. But it is said in such a way as to illicit the appeal to authority logical fallacy.

Trixie, if you want to really learn how to grow, we can do that.

I wish you would quit giving advice tho unless you start with something like "I'm no expert, I have issues with this myself, but here is what I think."

That will fix everything.

TSD

TSD

I am curious about one thing if @Trixie will indulge me... how long have you been growing, is this your 5th grow, or 105th... just out of curiosity? Are you self taught, or did you learn your techniques from another grower? Feel free to tell me to pound salt if you don't want to share, won't hurt my feelings any lol.

Last edited:
Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
I don't know how Trixie feels, but I enjoy the random nonsense on my diaries, at least people are participating... I've seen diaries with almost no comments or followers, and that's no fun. She's probably gonna peace out though if we keep ragging on her grow, so let's just follow along and observe unless she ask

The other day I saw a new user with no experience thanking the knowledgeable members and trixie was quoted as one. That’s kinda risky if they blame thc farmer for failed advice that’s taken , when it’s spoken with such brash confidence. I think this bleeds into the same thing moe is bothered with.

TSD

TSD

The other day I saw a new user with no experience thanking the knowledgeable members and trixie was quoted as one. That’s kinda risky if they blame thc farmer for failed advice that’s taken , when it’s spoken with such brash confidence. I think this bleeds into the same thing moe is bothered with.
That's why I say often wait for a few replies before taking action. It's great to want to help, but blanket statements can be dangerous. Every grow is so different in so many ways, something that works for me might cause issues for you. I have been growing and gardening for a long time and usually have pretty good results... but I still make it clear I'm no expert, I'm just a hippie chick trying to avoid chemical filled dispo weed and enjoy the hobby.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's why I say often wait for a few replies before taking action. It's great to want to help, but blanket statements can be dangerous. Every grow is so different in so many ways, something that works for me might cause issues for you. I have been growing and gardening for a long time and usually have pretty good results... but I still make it clear I'm no expert, I'm just a hippie chick trying to avoid chemical filled dispo weed and enjoy the hobby.
That statement is expert… just understanding not all things work in all applications and pointing it out.

TSD

TSD

That statement is expert… just understanding not all things work in all applications and pointing it out.
I think Socrates probably grew weed. 🤣

Screenshot 20230220 122424 Chrome

Anthem

Anthem

I am curious about one thing if @Trixie will indulge me... how long have you been growing, is this your 5th grow, or 105th... just out of curiosity? Are you self taught, or did you learn your techniques from another grower? Feel free to tell me to pound salt if you don't want to share, won't hurt my feelings any lol.
Well that is a really good question for everyone. Because one could say they have been growing for 40 years outdoors at 1 crop per year, or they could say they have been growing for 5 years with 10 grows a year. Seems to me the person with 5 years of current knowledge is going to have a better understanding of the plant and situations.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well that is a really good question for everyone. Because one could say they have been growing for 40 years outdoors at 1 crop per year, or they could say they have been growing for 5 years with 10 grows a year. Seems to be the person with 5 years of current knowledge is going to have a better understanding of the plant and situations.
I always say there is a difference between 20 yrs of experience and 1 yr of experience repeated 20 times. But it none the less gives an idea as to what knowledge a grower may have

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I may not clearly understand your opinion here.
Well if you do the exact same thing for 20 yrs you have 1 year of experience repeated 20 times. So i see it as a 20 yr grower with 1 yr of experience

if your trying new things all the time your gaining more experience and over 20 yrs you will have a much more diverse knowledge base.

basically knowledge and experience are related but do not go hand in hand

so like i just did in this post people often refer to knowledge as experience but they aren’t the same

Anthem

Anthem

Well if you do the exact same thing for 20 yrs you have 1 year of experience repeated 20 times. So i see it as a 20 yr grower with 1 yr of experience

if your trying new things all the time your gaining more experience and over 20 yrs you will have a much more diverse knowledge base.
One typically learns from their mistakes. Time often softens the hardness of mistakes or problems. One growing 10 crops a year and applying the information they have learned from the last crop started weeks prior is going to also learn at a rapid rate because the mistakes are fresh and not softened by time. Time heals all wounds.

TSD

TSD

Well that is a really good question for everyone. Because one could say they have been growing for 40 years outdoors at 1 crop per year, or they could say they have been growing for 5 years with 10 grows a year. Seems to me the person with 5 years of current knowledge is going to have a better understanding of the plant and situations.
Very good point. I do outdoor so that's one crop a year, but it's usually a March to October endeavor... so I hope I'm learning something in all that time lol.
An indoor grower can flip at his whim, grow several crops per year, each possibly presenting new challenges and new opportunities to learn... so maybe that's a faster accumulation of experience.
Like Aquaman said though, if you're stuck in your ways, do the same thing religiously every grow, even if it's not working, are you gaining experience or knowledge? Not as much probably.
That also goes both ways, like Cannagranny has it down to a science, so she doesn't need to change anything and her results speak for themselves.
I change stuff every year, I wouldn't know how amazing an outdoor scrog is if I never tried, now I'll keep improving on that. If something isn't working, you figure out why and how to fix it, that's experience and knowledge and that's what's so great about this forum, we get to see everyone else's first hand experience, failures and successes, and add to our own knowledge without having spent the real world time of making the mistake or breakthrough ourselves. I love it here and I don't want anyone to feel unwelcome.... unless they're a total twat. 🤣

Anthem

Anthem

Very good point. I do outdoor so that's one crop a year, but it's usually a March to October endeavor... so I hope I'm learning something in all that time lol.
An indoor grower can flip at his whim, grow several crops per year, each possibly presenting new challenges and new opportunities to learn... so maybe that's a faster accumulation of experience.
Like Aquaman said though, if you're stuck in your ways, do the same thing religiously every grow, even if it's not working, are you gaining experience or knowledge? Not as much probably.
That also goes both ways, like Cannagranny has it down to a science, so she doesn't need to change anything and her results speak for themselves.
I change stuff every year, I wouldn't know how amazing an outdoor scrog is if I never tried, now I'll keep improving on that. If something isn't working, you figure out why and how to fix it, that's experience and knowledge and that's what's so great about this forum, we get to see everyone else's first hand experience, failures and successes, and add to our own knowledge without having spent the real world time of making the mistake or breakthrough ourselves. I love it here and I don't want anyone to feel unwelcome.... unless they're a total twat. 🤣
I agree with most of what you are saying. But to say someone has it down to a science is basically stating that person has the science settled. Meaning there is total agreement from the scientific community that in this case their growing ability is the pinnacle of achievement and every single grower should take that information an only apply it to growing cannabis. Unfortunately the science of growing cannabis is not settled and there is still much to learn about the plant and the possible uses it has. Anyone that states they have something down to a science is in my opinion closed to learning.
10 years ago 1 pound per light was considered pretty good results. Today that is completely unacceptable
5 years ago 2 pounds per light was considered pretty good results. Today that is just OK
Today we hear a lot about 3 plus pound per light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom