Trixie's tricks and growing tips

• Thread starter Trixie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSD

TSD

...And I say the guys, but I mean anyone, @CannaGranny probably has more experience than most here... and I say she because you said boobs and your name is Trixie, so if that's not right, let me know. I'm a woman, people refer to me as dude and man on here regularly and it doesn't bother me. I call everyone dude and bro in real life lol. I don't subscribe to the get offended over pronouns club lol.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I was thinking the same, no way they're getting a dry period at all with that frequency of watering. @Trixie everyone is just trying to help you do your best, but that can't happen if you get defensive and offended. I have been growing on and off for over 20 years, I still make mistakes every year, I still learn every year. I still do shit I know isn't the best way because I'm working with what I have. The point of the forum is sharing knowledge with each other. If I posted a pic of a plant that looks like shit and proceeded to tell others my methods to get the same results, I would fully expect one of the guys to bring me back to planet earth. Not saying your plants are shit, they're just having a few issues. If you can't look at your own grow with a critical eye, how are you going to improve? Like my auto in my closet, it's growing, but I'm not smashing it, I probably fed it too close together, the environment fluctuates because it's not automated, I'm the controller lol. I know this, I know I could do better, and if anyone told me how to do better in a nice way, I wouldn't get offended, I'd say thanks for the info, cause that's why I'm here. Maybe it's just a personality thing, some people can't take advice or constructive criticism and have a very thin skin. I know my bitch button gets pushed when people are condescending and I can see how some above comments could seem condescending and taken as a little harsh... but I think they're being presented that way to you because you are presenting yourself to us as an expert and the pics don't back that up. Not saying you're not skilled, but again, you need to look at your own grow with a critical eye, I know it can feel a little like calling your own children ugly lol, but it's a needed skill to be a master of the ganja growing. Let's everyone chill, if she doesn't want our advice, let's stop giving it, she's the one smoking the buds, not us. ✌️
Hey TSD, Could you do me a favour and break up your posts. I've issues and all that text without breaks I get lost. I find any more than 4-5 lines without breaks I ignore the post. It doesn't have to be proper paragraph's just space.....I learned how to read with Dick and Jane books, lots of pics and only a little bit of text....now that I'm 70 I need spaces and pics again.😁

TSD

TSD

Hey TSD, Could you do me a favour and break up your posts. I've issues and all that text without breaks I get lost. I find any more than 4-5 lines without breaks I ignore the post. It doesn't have to be proper paragraph's just space.....I learned how to read with Dick and Jane books, lots of pics and only a little bit of text....now that I'm 70 I need spaces and pics again.😁
But I really like run on sentences.

Sorry @PipeCarver ... should I double space?

Maybe triple?

I'll send ya a magnifying glass 🔍

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

...And I say the guys, but I mean anyone, @CannaGranny probably has more experience than most here... and I say she because you said boobs and your name is Trixie, so if that's not right, let me know. I'm a woman, people refer to me as dude and man on here regularly and it doesn't bother me. I call everyone dude and bro in real life lol. I don't subscribe to the get offended over pronouns club lol.
I'm a woman, too, and I think pretty much the same way as you described. I prefer to talk about growing, while leaving our gender out of conversations. I just read past the masculine terms.

TSD

TSD

I'm a woman, too, and I think pretty much the same way as you described. I prefer to talk about growing, while leaving our gender out of conversations. I just read past the masculine terms.
Yes! The grow community can seem like a boy's club sometimes, but I think us stoner grower gals are getting more visibly involved now that it's not so taboo... we get the additional judgment from society. "ohhh, you're a mom AND a stoner, so interesting!" *secretly considers calling CPS* 🤣

We are used to have to prove ourselves equal to men in life, so it's easy to feel like you might be thought of as less skilled simply because you're female... but skill is skill... and the buds do the talking in these parts. 😁

B

BadFish_Genetics

I agree being able to take constructive criticism is key to growing as a Gardner with a keen eye!. Sometimes it's hard to not take offense depending on how things might be said but I believe we are all here to become better growers.
I've been growing on and off for 24 years and I still learn on the daily and still buy books on Botany and breeding and I always try to keep new information bouncing around upstairs as it can only help, it's helped me get to where I am now and I haven't had to buy weed in over 8 years now and imo my bid I way better than what the shops sell and I live in Oregon.

20230201 111948
20230220 054007
20230216 074934
20221129 073006
20221124 072337
N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
I agree being able to take constructive criticism is key to growing as a Gardner with a keen eye!. Sometimes it's hard to not take offense depending on how things might be said but I believe we are all here to become better growers.
I've been growing on and off for 24 years and I still learn on the daily and still buy books on Botany and breeding and I always try to keep new information bouncing around upstairs as it can only help, it's helped me get to where I am now and I haven't had to buy weed in over 8 years now and imo my bid I way better than what the shops sell and I live in Oregon.
that's some nice resinous buds in there, may I ask what strain/breeder is?

TSD

TSD

I don't know how Trixie feels, but I enjoy the random nonsense on my diaries, at least people are participating... I've seen diaries with almost no comments or followers, and that's no fun. She's probably gonna peace out though if we keep ragging on her grow, so let's just follow along and observe unless she asks for insight maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom