Twister T4?

• Thread starter Burned Haze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

dank or Shit ?( give response why please )

• 1 = not worth anything

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • 10 = worth every penny & should be considered God like

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • 5 = B grade a worth it

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 7.5 = maybe, say why

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
S

SooperSmurph

I definitely like the T4, but as others have said, its extremely loud, however, much less destructive to small flowers than other trimmers i've used like Satellite or Trim Reaper.

Given the speed at which it processes I would think that a 25lb trim job would be quite content with one, the actual running of the machine will be shorter than the time it takes to de-fan and take apart the plants.

However for quality I like to sit my trimmers at a Trim Station and operate sweatshop style, everyone stays in their chairs, they have slots for drinks, slots for devices, a light, a cleaning sponge soaked in iso for cleaning scissors, only the manager moves collecting finished product and refilling unfinished, put them close enough together and they can easily pass joints as well :p . www.trimstation.com if you haven't seen one in your local growstore.

B

Burned Haze

I definitely like the T4, but as others have said, its extremely loud, however, much less destructive to small flowers than other trimmers i've used like Satellite or Trim Reaper.

Given the speed at which it processes I would think that a 25lb trim job would be quite content with one, the actual running of the machine will be shorter than the time it takes to de-fan and take apart the plants.

However for quality I like to sit my trimmers at a Trim Station and operate sweatshop style, everyone stays in their chairs, they have slots for drinks, slots for devices, a light, a cleaning sponge soaked in iso for cleaning scissors, only the manager moves collecting finished product and refilling unfinished, put them close enough together and they can easily pass joints as well :p . www.trimstation.com if you haven't seen one in your local growstore.
^
Call me a troll but your reply sounds like a advertisement for that table (fancy pvc table ) & just to Mainly state hand trimming is only way for prime.

S

SooperSmurph

^
Call me a troll but your reply sounds like a advertisement for that table (fancy pvc table ) & just to Mainly state hand trimming is only way for prime.
Also said the T4 would do a perfectly fine job? People are very familiar with twisters and satellites and electric scissors, I don't know many people who are familiar with the trim station, hence a description and link.

JakeCake27

JakeCake27

Ok. Thanks brother. I have one question. When you use this trimmer is better with fresh harvested product right? Then how you do the drying ? With screens ? I ask this because I have never used a trimmer. And I do 3 grows a year and get over 3 kilos dried and cured product. And trimming the ladies is a pain in the ass to be honest. That is why I'm thinking about getting a trimmer.
Yes, it is best to wake up the lady's early in the AM and then huck, buck, chunk and feed (maybe a little spritz of water to weight down those leaves for better feeding).

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Twister T4 is a great machine. I was skeptical at first for sure and I wasn't satisfied until I rented on for a day and took a closer look into the machines capabilities.

Up close with the T4- this thing is built solid. The moving parts can easily be accessed and cleaned. The machine is very mobile and can be carried comfortably with two people or one if you're Macho Man Randy Savage. The screws are stainless steel or aluminum for rust resistance and durability.

The trimming job can range from fantastic to OK depending on the bud being trimmed. The best kind of bud to trim through this machine are tight dense OG nuggets- which is what I tested it with. At the time I had been growing Barney's Farm Critical Kush (I never thought I'd run his gear but a buddy of mine pheno hunted a massive yielding stinky plant) because the buds are dense and willing to withstand a tumbling.

We had our guys buck the product into nugget form- removing the fan leaves and stems. Then we ran the material through the machine. I was standing arms crossed at the end waiting to see what the hype was all about and I was very impressed with the final job. I picked up the first nugget that went through- examined it- clipped off a crows foot and it was done. Just as good as a hand trimmed bud. Close and tight.

I know that if I had run my sativas through it I would have a different opinion because they tend to foxtail. I don't think the twister will handle foxtails very well but I'll run them through any way and make my decision then.

The one thing about this trimmer that sucks are the leaf collecting bags. They're hard to wash and they don't do a very good job of containing all the plant material and dust when running. My allergies eventually made me exit the trim room because I was all watery eyed and sneezing so much. If you run this machine indoors be prepared with a resipirator and ear muffs.

If the company makes a better filter and leaf collector- or if the T2 filter is compatible with the T4- I don't know- then this is a dream come true. Our overhead has dramatically decreased with this trimmer and I will select phenos in the future that are compatible.

chinqlinq

chinqlinq

Twister T4 is a great machine. I was skeptical at first for sure and I wasn't satisfied until I rented on for a day and took a closer look into the machines capabilities.

Up close with the T4- this thing is built solid. The moving parts can easily be accessed and cleaned. The machine is very mobile and can be carried comfortably with two people or one if you're Macho Man Randy Savage. The screws are stainless steel or aluminum for rust resistance and durability.

The trimming job can range from fantastic to OK depending on the bud being trimmed. The best kind of bud to trim through this machine are tight dense OG nuggets- which is what I tested it with. At the time I had been growing Barney's Farm Critical Kush (I never thought I'd run his gear but a buddy of mine pheno hunted a massive yielding stinky plant) because the buds are dense and willing to withstand a tumbling.

We had our guys buck the product into nugget form- removing the fan leaves and stems. Then we ran the material through the machine. I was standing arms crossed at the end waiting to see what the hype was all about and I was very impressed with the final job. I picked up the first nugget that went through- examined it- clipped off a crows foot and it was done. Just as good as a hand trimmed bud. Close and tight.

I know that if I had run my sativas through it I would have a different opinion because they tend to foxtail. I don't think the twister will handle foxtails very well but I'll run them through any way and make my decision then.

The one thing about this trimmer that sucks are the leaf collecting bags. They're hard to wash and they don't do a very good job of containing all the plant material and dust when running. My allergies eventually made me exit the trim room because I was all watery eyed and sneezing so much. If you run this machine indoors be prepared with a resipirator and ear muffs.

If the company makes a better filter and leaf collector- or if the T2 filter is compatible with the T4- I don't know- then this is a dream come true. Our overhead has dramatically decreased with this trimmer and I will select phenos in the future that are compatible.

They make a dry tumbler that you can buy and it also comes with a finer trim/kief collection bag that has smaller holes. I noticed a lot more loss in weight the drier I allowed the plant to dry before running it. It also allows for more kief/dust to shoot through the trim collection bag.

Running the buds through with the standard wet tumbler, which has bigger slots in it, when you have completely dried buds will usually cause the smaller and medium buds to break apart and get sucked through the slots easier.

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

They make a dry tumbler that you can buy and it also comes with a finer trim/kief collection bag that has smaller holes.

I'm not seeing that dry tumbler accesory you're talking about on thier website. I only see 1 available option provided. @chinqlinq

B

Burned Haze

I'm not seeing that dry tumbler accesory you're talking about on thier website. I only see 1 available option provided. @chinqlinq

I own the dry tumbler (bought from HBuilder) , but want to rebuy a new bag since current was for wet and got a lot of use . The 70 micron is $90 and 110 for 110

I think I'm gonnea try the 70 mic and then give you guys a comparison since the 110 isn't destroyed and I would really like to know if the twister does better dry or at least quality leveled better .

M

Moy

I ran a couple plants through this machine tonight and I have to say I was impressed! With that being said I would say it is definitely designed with the smaller ops in mind. The t4 is perfect for 2-3 man crew.. For bigger crews 4-6+ you would still want a full size machine.. The t4 does have some nice adjustment options. The adjustable feet are nice for those uneven floors and setting the angle for through put..The blade can easily be adjusted for closer trim.. Only one 120v plug. Very easy to take apart and clean.. Overall just a very well thought out machine.. Very compact and could fit in the trunk of almost any car.. I will still use the centurion for my larger grow but this machine is perfect for a small crew.. Trying to upload a video but it doesn't want to load.. Will have to try again later
I have rented many trim machines and the twisted 4 works pretty good but the substandard weak motor and the fact that you can't get the control box wet and have to dismantle the whole unit to clean really is a downside for me. the Centurion Pro Mini is a much better machine and it's cheaper and more powerful motor and fan and more cutting blades n Cuts better and more volume, also the twister 4 you have to use their clear-cut oil otherwise the machine will gum up and just stop!! Definitely not worth $6,400

P

Plinkerton

I have rented many trim machines and the twisted 4 works pretty good but the substandard weak motor and the fact that you can't get the control box wet and have to dismantle the whole unit to clean really is a downside for me. the Centurion Pro Mini is a much better machine and it's cheaper and more powerful motor and fan and more cutting blades n Cuts better and more volume, also the twister 4 you have to use their clear-cut oil otherwise the machine will gum up and just stop!! Definitely not worth $6,400

I can't comment on the Centurion as I've never used one. But we've thrown a couple hundred pounds+ through a single T4, and it's been the best machine we've used so far.
Disassembly is quick, so I don't see any issue with having to take it apart. The control box pops off in 10 seconds.
You can use a power washer on most of it, including the suction fan, which makes cleaning it easy.
We haven't noticed the motor being underpowered either.
We finished up running 20-30 lbs through it last week, and I ran it almost exclusively through all that.
Once you get it dialed in, the blades to stay clean on their own, and we don't use their oil.
A very cold room and keeping the buds wet does make a big difference. Tell your buckers to wear sweatshirts and stick an AC in the room while you trim, etc.
We have often run everything through twice however. Having two T4's back to back would be a plus as you could do it in one run.
Overall it's a solid machine.
I was even throwing stripped off larf through it, containing tons of fan leaves.
What came out the other end was a mostly clean result, so we can now have it blasted without having to pick all the leaves and stems out of it.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

T-2 weeks until I get to use my t4. Can't wait to harvest now. Been a bear harvesting in the past.

Top Bottom