U.S. Will Enforce Marijuana Laws, State Vote Aside

• Thread starter Cali smoke
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

nicely put

Soros, Monsanto are synonomous with capitalism...bad capitalism. The kind that exploits labor, quality of goods and the environment. Soros is a big big player and probably has several politicians up is ass...literally...like right now this minute haha.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is this a good time to mention the concept of Slow Money and a different economic model?

S

scrapiron

well if prop 19 passes it will be more legal then it is now to the rest of the world. its a step further.

Thank You KT!!! From what I see it is just the MMJ folks on this site who are trying to ruin it for the WORLD. I think it will pass.
Anyone who is on the fence, and reading all these nit-picking points that mean NOTHING. Vote Yes. Do you really think the PoPo will go door to door with a tape measure looking for someone with a 6X6 room? Do you really think Nov 3rd all the seed banks/breeders will sell out to Monsanto? Give me a break!!!
VOTE YES FOR AMERICA!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For the world?? Dude, I want what YOU'RE smoking. LMFAO!

Just had a visit from the po-po yesterday, apparently it's policy here in this little backwoods of California that they're "required to inspect every 215 garden".

Vote no.

Christ, talk about a ship of fools.

Illmind

Illmind

Ship of fools lol. Sea wasn't it you who said don't bash people for not agreeing with me a day or two ago? Well looks like your outlook changes hourly. And to the dumbasses calling out people who funded and spent a lot of their money to get this prop up there STFU!!!! Who's gonna fund this you? What are you doing besides being a thumbdick on the internet and voting no on recreational cannabis use? Hmm lemme guess over charging customers for meds and probably nothing else oh ya ranting about the same people over and over on thcfarmer. Damn you are my hero. Cannabis will be forever indebted to you for all the work LOL!!!!! you've done. Seamaiden your family sounds very political you tell them how to vote and they know nothing about it and just take your word for it and vote your way. That doesn't sound very political to me. Sounds like blind leading the blind. And guys seriously this isn't gonna be a WORLD thing if it's a yes vote. MMJ laws are still gonna move slower than a dead slug so give up that hope. Each state has there dickheads in office and 70% if not more are against MMJ all day long and would never allow it. Now continue to bitch about rich people who trying to get this law through for the people who use it recreational because they are the devil. LOL. But you guys are all saints the good guys who want to continue to bleed 215 dry, man you guys are such a blessing to the MMJ community I don't know how it'd operate without you oh wait it will operate without you much better if prop 19 passes which I now hope does.

S

scrapiron

People of California: Lets send Obama and his MMJ followers a message. Mj is for EVERYONE. Not just the MMj croud. MMJ=DEA. Lets end prohibition.
VOTE YES

Illmind

Illmind

215 was adopted much the same way as 19. Where were u in 96? Not bitching abut the rich people who pushed it that's for sure.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ship of fools lol. Sea wasn't it you who said don't bash people for not agreeing with me a day or two ago?
Little more than that, but it was about calling names and disparaging. And I'm going to stick by my "ship of fools" comment because what I am reading demonstrates not only a real lack of knowledge, but a real lack of understanding. I'm with amstercal on her attitude towards this, I have *never* demonstrated such temerity as to tell people in other states how they should vote. I don't live there!

But please, it's clear that you have a hair across your ass about that, so let's do continue.
Well looks like your outlook changes hourly. And to the dumbasses calling out people who funded and spent a lot of their money to get this prop up there STFU!!!! Who's gonna fund this you? What are you doing besides being a thumbdick on the internet and voting no on recreational cannabis use?
You honestly don't see the difference between saying that someone is foolish versus calling them a dumbass and a thumbdick? You're right, you know electricity.

For some reason you still see this as a legalization measure, and that, Illmind, is not only foolish, it is ignorant and demonstrates to me that you haven't read it, and if you did read it, it demonstrates that you didn't understand what you were reading. (Much like my questions to you in that AN ballast thread, but I digress.)

Furthermore, you not only don't know me personally, you have NO FUCKING IDEA what I have or haven't done, politically or otherwise.

Have you ever gotten involved in local government?
Ever run for an office/seat?
Have you ever canvassed a neighborhood?
How about sat for a day at one of those fucking card tables trying to get people's signatures on a petition?
What feather do YOU have in YOUR cap? I can state that *my* hard work helped to get 1500 acres of undeveloped land designated as a Green Belt in perpetuity (that means permanently must remain undeveloped), right in the heart of the LA basin. Look at a night-time satellite image of the basin and you'll see a little dark area--no need to thank me, the wildlife is enough.

Unless you've actually gotten off *your* ass and done those things, shut the fuck up.

How's that for bringing it down to your level? Can you see the difference yet? Oh, wait, I haven't called you a name.
Hmm lemme guess over charging customers for meds and probably nothing else oh ya ranting about the same people over and over on thcfarmer. Damn you are my hero. Cannabis will be forever indebted to you for all the work LOL!!!!! you've done.
Again, you haven't a fucking CLUE what I do or don't do, have or haven't done.
Seamaiden your family sounds very political you tell them how to vote and they know nothing about it and just take your word for it and vote your way. That doesn't sound very political to me. Sounds like blind leading the blind.
Again, you are clueless, why would you go there? You don't know *why* I am the way I am because you don't know me.
And guys seriously this isn't gonna be a WORLD thing if it's a yes vote. MMJ laws are still gonna move slower than a dead slug so give up that hope. Each state has there dickheads in office and 70% if not more are against MMJ all day long and would never allow it. Now continue to bitch about rich people who trying to get this law through for the people who use it recreational because they are the devil. LOL. But you guys are all saints the good guys who want to continue to bleed 215 dry, man you guys are such a blessing to the MMJ community I don't know how it'd operate without you oh wait it will operate without you much better if prop 19 passes which I now hope does.
I'm not one of the ones bitching about anyone getting rich. Why? Because, I don't begrudge hard work being repaid well. What I do begrudge about 19 and people like you is that it is NOT legalization, plain and simple, yet you insist on remaining completely ignorant as to the true nature of the proposition and actually have something to say about it.

Dude, you've got yourself some problems, personal problems, and a lot of hatred or something going on. Quit spewing it on us, it's making a mess and totally harshing my mellow.

:passingjoint:

S

scrapiron

Exactly. You have had 14 years worth of a free-ride. If in that time you didnt come up with a back up plan.... Your Bad! Did you really think you could sit around and be a "caregiver" for the rest of your life. Reality Check, Get a REAL Job!!!

fractal

fractal

If seeing the whole picture makes me a "FOOL" then so be it.

You are so full of shit that a little drips out every time you say something.

You obviously don't see anything behind the smokescreen, you really sure as hell don't see George Soros and Monsanto foaming at the mouth over this. You. . .Just. . . Don't . . . Get. . . It. FOOL.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the part i don't get is your saying prop 19 is gonna make pot against the law, but its being pushed as a measure for recreational use of pot? how is it not gonna make it more legal? if someone has a med license to care for say 25 patients, your saying this law would force them to do it in a 5x5 space?

I think people will be visiting cali from all over the world. Before long there will be a cannabis cup in cali. no longer will it be held in Amsterdam or even if it is there will be 2 then and most likely a world cup Euro verse USA. Just the tourism alone and the people of cali will have something special to share with the world. Progressive thinking is a step further every time. Next year amend and add , whatever it takes to get it right. But don't shut down progress. No bill is gonna be perfect people on both sides have picked this thing apart already. shit the tax code is 7x's the size of the bible and most of us live our lives according to it in one form or the other.

A

amstercal

Kid: Who said 19 would make it against the law? I think there are some complexities that are being oversimplified... 19 is NOT legalization. It actually doesn't do a whole lot for Californians other than irk the feds. Here's where Californians stand currently and with 19:
Possession: under an once is currently only a ticket (no court, no misdemeanor, no jail, just a $100 ticket)
Cultivation: If you have an rx, your garden gets reduced under 19. If you don't have an rx, you can now have a 5x5 garden.
Consumption in "any space" with a minor: currently not a problem but now called out as not legal

If someone said that 19 is going to make pot against the law, I don't know why they said that. I know several people have said it's not legalization, and it's NOT. It really doesn't change much for us other than to ensure more federal legal troubles.
I realize not being from California, you see it as something that will help your state get on board. However, there's no guarantee of that and in the meantime, it's going to cause more problems with the feds, cause a co-op clusterfuck and ensure every city in my area bans these stores therefore causing expensive legal battles for every city around me, reduce medical gardens, put a lot of money in the hands of the few who can afford commercial licenses, make jail time for a 21 yo who offers a joint to a 20 yo and make me scared to smoke in the same house as my child.

Maybe 19 might help non-Californians like you after several years through the power of suggestion or because we already fought the expensive federal battle that will put our state further in debt, but it sucks for most of us Californians. I appreciate your point of view, but I don't think it's best for CA citizens. We have to get the cities on board with medical before we shove recreational down their throats or all we're going to have is a long and expensive legal battle.

So if you're not from CA, vote YES. Oh wait, you don't have a vote and won't have to live with the outcome.

scarpiron: see above. also, i have no financial investment in how 19 comes out. I do have a real job as a graphic designer and whatever, dude.

illmind: Wow, you finally pissed off seamaiden, who never says anything rude to anyone. Congrats, for trying to insult her family and still not having a valid point. It's obvious you're on the "totally, dude, let's make pot legal" bandwagon, but continuing to accuse everyone who is against 19 of both being greedy and not wanting others to make money isn't actually changing anyone's mind.
And is cannabis indebted to you? A lot of the "no" people are looking to gain legitimacy for medical cannabis. We're looking to get people to see its value so they stop just thinking of it as a gateway drug. We're trying to actually clear cannabis' good name. Being mature enough to plan for the war rather than the small skirmish represented by 19 isn't greedy or stupid, it's a good plan for CA for years to come. Maybe the problem here is just a maturity/instant gratification thing. Good luck with that. 19's losing in the polls already anyway. I've changed the votes of 4 people in my non-political family through intelligent discussion. How are you doing?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, he finally managed to bring it out, amstercal (I would have said so privately, but I can't ding you again). So, for those who don't seem to otherwise understand, here's from an easy-to-read Wiki synopsis of the Proposition. I'd type what's in my voter guide, but can't be bothered.
Authorization of criminal and civil penalties
K, now, I just wanna be sure for those who don't seem to be paying attention (not pointing fingers... yes I am). Note the first and third words up there, and how they are joined with the last word up there. Now for the rest.
  • Every person 18 years of age or older who hires, employs, or uses a minor in transporting, carrying, selling, giving away marijuana, or knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone under the age of 14, shall be imprisoned in state prison for a period of three, five, or seven years.
  • Every person 18 years of age or older who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older than the age of 14 but younger than 18, shall be imprisoned in the state prison for a period of three, four, or five years.
  • Every person 21 years of age or older who knowingly sells or gives away marijuana to someone older than the age of 18 but younger than 21, shall be imprisoned in county jail for up to six months and fined up to $1,000 per offense.
Bingo-bango! Now, do you call that "legalization"? Someone who is old enough to determine whether or not to marry, who's old enough to vote and die for our country can end up with one of these penalties. Even if you GIVE it away! But wait, there's more...
Section 11300:
"Personal consumption" shall not include, and nothing in this Act shall permit cannabis:
    1. possession for sale regardless of amount, except by a person who is licensed or permitted to do so under the terms of an ordinance adopted pursuant to section 11301;
    2. consumption in public or in a public place;
    3. consumption by the operator of any vehicle, boat or aircraft while it is being operated, or that impairs the operator;
    4. smoking cannabis in any space while minors are present.
Why are those bits important? Read on. The section covering "Intent", meaning to describe what the proposition does and does not intend to do.

Also, any public space? So, I'm way up in the high country (it's about an hour away), there's nobody around for miles, and I spark up a joint. Should I be considered to be committing a crime? What if this is a place where people can freely smoke tobacco or drink beer? We have lots of places like that in California where it's perfectly legal. But a joint? Why?

It's not legalization, that's why.
This Act is not intended to affect the application or enforcement of the following state laws relating to public health and safety or protection of children and others: Health and Safety Code sections 11357 [relating to possession on school grounds]; 11361 [relating to minors as amended herein]; 11379.6 [relating to chemical production]; 11532 relating to loitering to commit a crime or acts not authorized by law]; Vehicle Code section 23152 [relating to driving while under the influence]; Penal Code section 272 [relating contributing to the delinquency of a minor]; nor any law prohibiting use of controlled substances in the workplace or by specific persons whose jobs involve public safety.
Here's the link to the section referred above, it's a pdf, and lists what acts fall under the code.
www.ccld.ca.gov/res/pdf/non_exemptible_list_07_03.pdf

G

growermike666

All I see are a small handful of out of state arm chair politicians and paid hacks are coming in by the ship load.

Prop 19 will be forgotten, trampled on, derailed. It failed. Get over it.

the paid hacks will still get their pay check from Dick wad inc. though.

Why would anybody in their right mind without brain damage vote for less rights? More restrictions, added felonies, more tax, government control, massive takeover, submission to power.
thats like being in a fight and tapping out when you are not even in a submission. Like waiving a white flag. "I give up" 'come control me tax me regulate me and deny all my rights as you see fit" "Mr conquerer may I have permission" WTF?
weak. wimpy. Prop 19 is a waste of paper. the initiative written by those selfish greedy pricks trying to sick the police on all of us.

These pricks need 1 thing to overthrow the current pot laws and thats your vote. They need little pigeons to be on their jock all day long like little jock strap supporters. Deny them and vote no!

S

scrapiron

It's obvious you're on the "totally, dude, let's make pot legal" bandwagon,How are you doing?

Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner. Could not have said it better myself. People have been saying it since the late 1960's!!! LEGALIZE MARIJUANA. There is even organizations that are devoted to it. I am just positive you havent heard of www.norml.org Go check it out. lol.
40 years of trying, just to be informed by the Medical croud that we are wrong. I dont think so.
Nit-Picking (red highlighting certain lines of the Prop) mean NOTHING. We are legalizing pot here. It is just that simple. It has to start somewhere, sometime.
That time is in 6 days, in Cali! Vote Yes, dont be blinded by the nit-pickers.

Illmind

Illmind

I think somebody needs to knit some damn sweaters! maybe rugs. I'll take one!! I hope it's a no vote so seamaiden don't end up in the fed pen I don't want that. Amstercal not so much j/p. Good luck whatever happens. I mean read the whole thing though it's not really that absurd, you just might have to step the whole snitches get stiches to snitches get ditches up. O ya it says adults who give children weed shall end up in prison with a lezbo celly selling you out to her friends for 7 years while the COs watch. Something like that right?

A

amstercal

I am for legalization. Prop 19 isn't legalization.
And where are you, scrapiron? Not in CA, right? So "we" aren't doing anything since you won't be voting here. Again, nice of you to weigh in on something that won't directly affect you. Don't be blinded by people who don't care whether it's a bad law because they won't have to live with it and probably didn't read it.

Illmind- Um, what?? I didn't really get most of that, but yes, that's exactly what I think, just make it 20 and why would the COs watch when they could be getting some?

skwirlgirl

skwirlgirl

uhh it's ok to disagree but saying voting NO will ruin it for the 'rest of the world' IS RIDICULOUS. How would you like it if your med state was about to invaded by a bunch of millionaires who dont' give a rats butt about weed?...just the revenue that will come from they're domination of the market.

These meelinaire's plan to push aside the mom and pops and start massive fields of weed. They're giving the gen' pop 5x5 spaces and an opportunity to buy a 200 grand license to grow it + if they want to sell it it's 60 g's. AND by the way those licenses won't be handed out to just anyone...NOPE. You have to be "approved". We all know what that takes (see the part about billionaires)

. Try to guess how long that 5x5 space will last? I say the first 'bad trip' some little kid has where they jump off a roof or sets his little sister on fire after smoking daddy's stash of private super cannabis and that priviledge could easily be gone (see the blog on beavis and butthead haha it's where some kid burns his sibling after watching the show and they make MTV sensor the show of any comments regarding fire' fire fire'. Not a great example but you get the drift..typical right wing reactionary politics..happens all the time)

It's so obvious scapiron you haven't read the law or even been paying attention. Why would you jump into the discussion now with no real knowledge of the law and who's pushing it? Sure it might help some states in the long run...BUT in the meantime Cali is going to take a beating on several legal levels..

AND amazingly you go after Sea Maiden who can basically recite the law word for word. I wasn't going to say anything but your just not with it and in no position to comment

Top Bottom