UC 4XL Scrog in Double Lid Under 1000W

• Thread starter Th3Jungl3Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hi Farmers!
Back to Earth after a long weekend off with wife :character0111:
How’s everything with you guys? Are your plants doing well?
A short update on day 6.
Plants are looking great and health! Having a little issue with humidity and help is much appreciated.
I have been trying to keep the humidity at least to 50% but it is just not working. Bought a decent humidifier powerful enough up to 1600sq, and I don’t have half of that space. The problem is only when the light is one and the exhausted fan joins the game, it seems like the fan is pulling all the humidity too fast and it drops the level down to 25%.
Should I get a more powerful one? Which one do you guys use?
I did few things trying to figure out fixing the issue, for example reducing the exhausted fan speed, but then the temperature rises up to 94f, with 67% Humidity, but I could and I can decrease the Humidity level, the question is how bad it would affect the plants. I know it is high and it should be burning as hell, but inside doesn’t feel 94f at all! The highest was 94f with exhausted fan off and lowest lowest to 66f, but right now is at 79f with 40% Humidity.
I was thinking about getting an A\C so I wouldn’t need to use the exhausted as much reducing the speed and being able to keep the humidity inside. The other option would be to start flowering and keep the light running at night, as has been cold anyways. Switching the light to 600W also decrease the temperature to 78f and increases the humidity level up to 60%.
I found a very interesting article about the right temperature and humidity levels, also very contradictory. Higher humidity or lower? Check out the article: http://www.highgrow.us/temperature.html
PPM was raised to 800 and Girls got a little hair cut  I was also able to get 45 cuts from all girls and more is on the way, now I just need to get rid of some.
Roots has explode in less than a week! I’m loving the great white and roots excelurator, if you ever experience to get root rot, which I hope you never get it, try using both of these miracles products.
I made a another net as some farmers commented about having problems using very small holes, and also decided to make few inch wider, as before I had only 3 inch over the buckets.
I will switch the light to 12/12 on Saturday as they’re getting bigger and already taller than the net.
I noticed couple leaves with a yellowish, brownish burns but I’m sure isn’t nutrients or light, as this is show in only one plant and just in 2 leaves, not sure if this was there before transplant them :evilgrin0040::headbang
That’s all guys.
Hope you’re all having a blast week and God bless us!
Peace!!!

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

IMG_0352.JPG

R

RMCG

Can't tell from your ducting pix, but it looks like you are pulling from the tent, across your light and out.

Get another fan and go straight through your tent for the light ducting so you don't pull all of your humidity out.

Also, in a few weeks your humidity is going to climb when they are flowering, so you will probably have the opposite problem.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Can't tell from your ducting pix, but it looks like you are pulling from the tent, across your light and out.

Get another fan and go straight through your tent for the light ducting so you don't pull all of your humidity out.

Also, in a few weeks your humidity is going to climb when they are flowering, so you will probably have the opposite problem.

I have the fan pulling air through the air filter passing the hood and being expelled out.
Thanks

R

RMCG

I have the fan pulling air through the air filter passing the hood and being expelled out.
Thanks

Right. That's what it looked like.

Change the duct so it pulls from outside your tent, through the light and back out of the tent, not pulling ~from~ your tent.

Also, not sure, but it looks like you are hosting your pix on MS Live.

Not sure about anyone else, but its causing my browser to freak out a bit. Wanting me to log in to live.com, etc.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Right. That's what it looked like.

Change the duct so it pulls from outside your tent, through the light and back out of the tent, not pulling ~from~ your tent.

Also, not sure, but it looks like you are hosting your pix on MS Live.

Not sure about anyone else, but its causing my browser to freak out a bit. Wanting me to log in to live.com, etc.

Thank you soooooooo much RMCG!!!
I knew the air was being pulled out, also the humidity, but I didn't think about pulling from air outside.
So, I have 1 fan bringing fresh air from outside to the box, and the other one exhausting through the filter should be just kept outside of the box? The damn filter is huge and I don't think I will be able to do so. I may have to sell and buy a small one, or just have the fan pulling straight from outside without a filter and just use one of those can fan Pre-Filter. I was also thinking that I should not worry about high Humidity levels as that room was built to be used as a flowering, and how I have 30-40% would be perfect.
In the vegetative room the rH is always between 50-60% and I assume if I never use the bigger room as a vegetative I will be fine.
I have fixed the pics problem :sign0005:
Thanks again.

R

RMCG

You don't need to filter your lights ducting if you are pushing/pulling outside air straight through it. You can put your fan/filter on a speed controller to dial in your temp/humidity as it expels air from your tent.

Increase the passive (or active) intake if you have too much negative pressure.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

You don't need to filter your lights ducting if you are pushing/pulling outside air straight through it. You can put your fan/filter on a speed controller to dial in your temp/humidity as it expels air from your tent.

Increase the passive (or active) intake if you have too much negative pressure.

So, basically have a 3" fan only to be used to cool the hood, and the other hooked in the filter running with speedster :lock:
Thanks a lot!

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hello Farmers!
Have any of guys ever used Big Bud, Overdrive or CalMag?
I need to make a choice between them to start to flower this week.
Thanks

KAL EL

KAL EL

You should be using cal/mag the entire grow, get that for sure.
Big bud is used halway thru flower and overdrive is used at the end of flower.
Both big bud and overdrive are designed to be used together in tandem.
Big bud elongates the bud and overdrive fills it in.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

You should be using cal/mag the entire grow, get that for sure.
Big bud is used halway thru flower and overdrive is used at the end of flower.
Both big bud and overdrive are designed to be used together in tandem.
Big bud elongates the bud and overdrive fills it in.

Hey KAL EL,
Thanks a lot for the quickly reply.
I'm going to the store right now get both. I'm gonna flush today and change the nutes to flower and switch the light to 12/12 tomorrow, so I should start using Big Bud from now until week 4, and use overdrive from week 5 to the end, did I get that right?

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

What’s up Farmers!
An update on 11th last vegetating day!
As you guys can see the girls are growing like there’s not tomorrow. On Thursday 24 I decided to pump up the PPM from 800 to 900, as I had in mind to flush today changing the nutrients to flower.
So, the DM nutrients calculator recommendation as “STANDARD - Good For Beginners” were:

DM A+B =378ml
ADD .27 =454ml
Silica =75ml

My water PH was at 7.8 and PPM at 90. After add everything the PH dropped to 6.3.
I usually add the nutrients with a minimum interval of 5 min letting everything settle, this gives me also an idea of how much the ppm is being raised by each product.
This is what, how much I used and how the ppm was being raised.

2 Scoops of Great White

Silica 75ml PPM 110
ADD.27 250ml PPM 180
Micro 80ml PPM 320
Roots Excel 45ml PPM350
DM A+B 400ml PPM 910

I don’t think I will be able to take any more pics of the roots as they’re huge; also they’re filling the net super fast and I don’t want to piss them off moving the net around.
The Girls in the vegetating room are also out of control!!! I don’t have more ceiling for them and tomorrow I will start cutting off like
ax_men_15529.jpg

That’s all for today guys!
Thanks for your help and Good Vibes.
Peace .’.

IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0339.JPG

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0397.jpg

B

BrazilianShark

I'm definitely subscribing to your thread man!!! I have been planing to start an operation like yours n it would be so sick! I love how you keep all shit clean, professional, and i'm also fucking surprised to know it's your 1st time growing, just keep an eye on them as growing hydroponics is very easy to fuck up n they grow as you mentioned before, like there's not tomorrow
Cya

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
i love that root progression picture series!!

Top Bottom