UC 4XL Scrog in Double Lid Under 1000W

• Thread starter Th3Jungl3Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Guys, I noticed this morning that the display of the continuos ppm/ph meter is very bright when the light is off & I was wondering if this could disturb the plants. Should I cover or is it fine?
Thanks

Uh I would make sure the light isnt shining on the plants at all some plants are more sensitive to light and I will cause seeds and may cause hermies. And my journal was on ic mag a long time ago, I had the pictures here but when logic uploaded the new gallery I lost my old pictures. It was a octo scrog on wheels so I could spin it since it was in a corner.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Its fine. It actually takes a bit (and in the right wavelength) to interrupt the light cycle.

Thanks for the help RMCG. I was really worried about no doin the right thing.
Took a while to reply because I was out of the town.
I'll upload some photos tonight :)

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Uh I would make sure the light isnt shining on the plants at all some plants are more sensitive to light and I will cause seeds and may cause hermies. And my journal was on ic mag a long time ago, I had the pictures here but when logic uploaded the new gallery I lost my old pictures. It was a octo scrog on wheels so I could spin it since it was in a corner.

Hi LordDankinstien!
The lights seems very bright to the room when everything is completely dark, I can definitely see my own silhouette, but only because of the continuous ph/ppm/temp meter, the chiller display also emits the red light buy I already covered it.
Took me a while to reply because I was out of the town.
Thanks

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Flower, Day 17

Hello farmers!
How's everything going so far?
I Couldn't be any better looking my garden growing so nicely! :lock:
A little update on day 17 with nothing much to say, pretty much only photos :)

I noticed last week 2 plants with curly leaves and some burns, nutrients burns obviously. I drop the PPM from 900 to 700, (my bad starting 1st week at 900) only 2 of the Chemdog actually showed some signs of it, I will wait until next week to decide if I keep at 700 or raise maybe 50-100.
Hope you guys have great weekend!
Peace!

IMG_0332.JPG

IMG_0331.JPG

IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0328.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Very nice progress Th3Jungl3Boy! Hmmm... You've got me thinking twice about my own progress now... I just reread your entire thread and was curious what conversion factor your PPM meter uses... 0.5 or 0.7? Also did you ever use CalMag or just the nutrients listed?

Seems like the full DM line and the addition of Big Bud along Sweet is doing well too... Keep up the good work! :cool

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Very nice progress Th3Jungl3Boy! Hmmm... You've got me thinking twice about my own progress now... I just reread your entire thread and was curious what conversion factor your PPM meter uses... 0.5 or 0.7? Also did you ever use CalMag or just the nutrients listed?

Seems like the full DM line and the addition of Big Bud along Sweet is doing well too... Keep up the good work! :cool

What's up Shady?
How's your garden doing? Last time I checked everything was superb! Didn't have to visit again because I was out of town but I'll visit yiut thread later.
Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad you liked it.
So, my conversion is 0.5. I really don't understand why only 2 plants show nutrients burns when the other 2 of the same strain are not, and they are clones from the same mother, were raised in the same system and right before start to flower they were getting up to 800ppm and no burns:worried
How was your ppm at the 2nd week of flower?
Thanks again

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
No worries brah... I compared my progress to yours last night and we're close to the same. Although I started bloom at 500W, then increased to 750W around Day 18, and will finally dial my Quantum to 1000W tomorrow. I just updated thread today with shots taken last night. Anyways, where are the two plants being burned located in your UC? Are they closest to the Epicenter? :wondering

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

No worries brah... I compared my progress to yours last night and we're close to the same. Although I started bloom at 500W, then increased to 750W around Day 18, and will finally dial my Quantum to 1000W tomorrow. I just updated thread today with shots taken last night. Anyways, where are the two plants being burned located in your UC? Are they closest to the Epicenter? :wondering

I should have done the same, start with 600 as I left them vegetating for 2 more weeks when they were already over a foot.
The 2 burnt plants are in the same bucket are next to the epicenter, so does it means high nutrient concentration next to them?
Thanks again

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
It's just a hunch that I have regarding the two buckets closest to the epicenter... I intentionally put my smallest two plants in those buckets and thought they would catch up to the other four larger plants during veg. I assumed that the air disk in the epicenter would add slightly higher dissolved oxygen to the two adjacent buckets and that during top offs into the epicenter, the higher nutrient concentration of the top offs would first hit those adjacent buckets... Clearly my assumptions didn't make those smaller plants grow any faster... :thinking

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

Yea my room is so dark at night that its almost sickening I could hit my self in the face and not see my own hand coming.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Looks good Jungle.....I wouldn't be surprised if your plants only needed 500 ppm at their size......keep up the good work.

Beware add backs in the Epi.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Yea my room is so dark at night that its almost sickening I could hit my self in the face and not see my own hand coming.
:D Hahaa that's some classic shit... I covered all the lights from my chiller to my Sentinel timer with black electrical tape... Ghetto, but it gets the job done...

Looks good Jungle.....I wouldn't be surprised if your plants only needed 500 ppm at their size......keep up the good work.

I kinda agree about the PPM's... But I'm kinda confused about your statement of add backs in the Epi... I always made sure my top off PPM's weren't too high when raising the overall PPM's as I didn't want to burn the plants adjacent to the Epicenter... :thinking

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Shady....I was thinking that it might have been the issue for Jungle.

You my friend are on point with your techniques like a ball point pen.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for the clarification my friend... I couldn't even force myself to add a few drops of base to the Epicenter without diluting it in RO first... :itwasntme

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Shady....I was thinking that it might have been the issue for Jungle.

Hi UCMENOW,
Thanks for the compliment!
I have a question, what did you mean by "add backs in the epi"? What is the issue?
Sorry for not knowing what it means :worried

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Adding concentrates or slightly diluted concentrates directly into the epicenter while plants are in system. The current will draw the concentrates through the modules/ root zones and potentially damage the roots.

Always premix before adding into system to avoid this...your plants look great so 'm sure what your doing is working though......just a heads up.

C

Chris1

Sweet grow, ppms do seem high, UCs are meant to run at a lighter concentrate, right???

Anyways, your pics are huge! I have a good connection and it takes a minute to load each page..haha

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Adding concentrates or slightly diluted concentrates directly into the epicenter while plants are in system. The current will draw the concentrates through the modules/ root zones and potentially damage the roots.

Always premix before adding into system to avoid this...your plants look great so 'm sure what your doing is working though......just a heads up.

Thank you so much UCMENOW for your time explaining it to me!
Reading another thread about beneficial bacteria, few farmers recommended the use of "Bio-Balls", what's your opinion about it? Do you recommend or is a waste of money and time?
I also found this article about bio-balls:

Thanks again

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Sweet grow, ppms do seem high, UCs are meant to run at a lighter concentrate, right???

Anyways, your pics are huge! I have a good connection and it takes a minute to load each page..haha

Thanks a lot Chris for the compliment!
I will upload them smaller next time, sorry :p

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Flower, Day 22

Hello fellow farmers & farmers!
How are you going so far? I Hope everything is going peaceful and smooth as it has being for me :character0029:
A short update on day 22.
Girls are looking very health and starting to smell so good! The super lemon haze has the best aroma in my opinion, it makes me stay in the room much longer, kind addicting :help:
Well, yesterday I flush the nutrients. I was planing to go 4 weeks without flush but I was few plants were showing some signs of nutrients burns I decided make it now, even after drop the PPM from 900 to 750 last week.

Measures of Nutrients at this time was:

260ml DM Gold A+B
120ml Micro
80ml Sweet
80ml ADD .27
80m Silica
75ml BigBud
45ml Roots Excelurator
15ml Drip Clean

The result was not what I was expecting, ppm was too high at 900ish, I had to drain 1/4 of it and add more water, which decreased the ppm to 670.
I had so many teens vegetating and they were taking too much space, also more of my time, so I decide to put them in soil in throw in the corner of the room, there are a photo of them including 1 Granddaddy Purple.
A photo of the clone which will be my already planned 2 run (Purple Kush, OG Kush, Chronic and Granddaddy Purple :harvest:
Thanks for the help Guys!
Peace .'.

IMG_0319.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG

IMG_0326.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG