UC actual available nutrient profiles

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crysmatic

Crysmatic

have you looked at the floranova grow formulation for bloom? i figured it was closest to the P myth tissue samples. the low calcium should be appropriate for dwc.

iirc you mentioned taking tissue samples. why not nute solution samples? if the nutes are balanced, then the used solution should have the same composition as fresh solution, right? either way, i think the issue is clouded by "is the plant taking in what it needs, or is high/imbalanced solution forcing nutes into the plant?"

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

UCME did you see my question about ph drift? Im still having to ph down all 3 systems (pbp cns and h&G) every day. In any other media this would simply tell me they are uptaking nutrients and dropping hydroxyl ions into back into the water....However with all the reports of "stable" ph in the UC i wanted to hear what you think.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

UCME did you see my question about ph drift? Im still having to ph down all 3 systems (pbp cns and h&G) every day. In any other media this would simply tell me they are uptaking nutrients and dropping hydroxyl ions into back into the water....However with all the reports of "stable" ph in the UC i wanted to hear what you think.

In my system the ph is contantly oscillating, as also the ppm even after 2 days it changes.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

It may be residuals from previous cleaning, etc. I wouldn't pay it too much regard unless the pH begins to swing into less suitable ranges (ie. above 6.5)

Assuming you're mixing the nutes before introducing them into the system, allow 24 hrs for the mix to equalize before introducing it into the UC. If the trend continues u may consider mixing your nutes lower than intended to account for the upward drift.

Does your water get softened then RO, DI filtered before mixing?

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Im already both allowing 24hrs as well as anticipating the swing with a lower starting point...

And your correct about the water process, but i use the same water with the same nutes on tables, in soil etc and this is never the case... my up swing from 5.2 to 6 takes a week (14 waterings) on a table.

I dont mind dealing with ph swings, i actuay prefer it. I just feel like something is wrong when i read all these reports of the opposite happening with other peoples undercurrent.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Word.

I wouldn't sweat the rise then....though after the initial rise and adjustment of the nute has it kept rising at that rate, or does it tend to stabilize?

If so I'd imagine some residual in the system may be at play....what was the cleaning agent? Potassium salt soaps can leave an alkaline film even after rinsing.

Looking forward to seeing your shit blow up bro.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Thanks for the help and encouragement ucme.

There are 2 more things i was hoping to clear up as things are running smoothly but not perfect...

The pics below show both very healthy plants and roots as well as ones with problem areas. I have been racking my brain to understand whats going on and 2 main questions i have for you guys are: What co2 levels are you running in your undercurrent rooms? And what is your light hight? Every pic i see of an undercurrent room has the lights at 6-8 feet above the plants. Thats 2 times longer then the foot candle chart and seems counter intuitive, but...

What im thinking is the normal light hight/co2 levels create such a level metabolization that the cells are actualy bursting/elongating (burn) in certain areas.

Any help?

pics are at 6-7 days.

IMGP0716
IMGP0717
IMGP0707
squarepusher

squarepusher

i got thrown a few curve balls yesterday when doing my profile calculations. As a result the work i did is in a new thread called "the myth of low n." but ill repost some of it here...

if you look at the tissue numbers N almost Doubles during flowering.

however relative N decreases

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Relative to what K?

Are 6:5 veg and 5:4 flower so different? Either way they are different then the 2-3:5 going into solution...

id prefer this to be in the other thread, would you mind posting High/Low N related profile issues there?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im running my lights at 20"-30" above canopy. If the leaves start giving me that upward stretching look I up the lights
No co2 in my grow cant help ya there
BG

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

so plants are at around 8 days in the undercurrent now and they are growing very fast. That being said i have been having a few problem areas that i was not comforatble with.

So i began to test my problem leaves against deficiency charts, and re-work all my numbers for co2, light hight, nute profiles, etc...

The biggest problem for me to understand both upon visual diagnosis as well as researching was seeing 3 different deficiencies; Phosphorus, Magnesium, and Zinc. My first guess was the mag pump/uv filter, as ucme now warned me about the UV sterilizer. But that didn't seem right to me either; (why didnt the rest of the double positively charged ions [Ca, Fe, Mn, Cu, and Ni] show depletion.....)

IMGP0745
IMGP0749
IMGP0748
IMGP0747
11083NuteProfileCharts
11083phnutrcombo2
11083Picture 12
288171063931 Foot Candle Chart HPS New Done
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Now, i have always thought that 5.8 PH is the absolute worst PH to run if your holding at that PH only. As you can see from the PH uptake chart its the lowest level of uptake for every single element. In fact the whole swing from 5.5-6 is lowest section over all.

On tables, etc i run a ph swing from 5.2-6.2 (6.3 is actually the ph of the roots of all plants.) I feel that this swing gives you the largest palate of uptake for the entire 17 elements.

That being said i ran my UC systems at 5.8, under the instruction of pretty much everyone using one and from what i can tell i need to go back to the old system.

Anyone out there running their system at PH other then 5.8? Id like to hear your results.

D

DrGoodMeds

I let it swing as well. How much Cal-Mag/gal are you running? I never go below 7ml/gal or I see Cal-Mag def every time. On some strains I have to go as high as 10ml/gal, especially when I drop the light and really start nukein' em. This is with R.O. of course. My advice would be to up the Cal-Mag and lower the veg nutes to keep the same ppm's. When I start my plants for example, I use about 450 ml of cal mag and only 50 ml of grow to bring my total ppms between 350 and 400 using 60 gal of R.O.

Hope this helps!

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Im only running 2ml per gal of calmag on every strain I run they seem happy to me. 7ml per seems a little high to for a UC?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

My ppm's liked to sit at 6.2, used to other grows I liked the 5.6-5.8 range. I found lowering my res ppm's to 5.2 seemed to keep my system where I liked. Checking it often I found that some weeks things stayed balanced just fine but mostly I dropped the res ppm's. The magic seemed to be finding where the systems settling point was and then finding what is best for your res to balance out everything where u want.. It seems you found your settling point.. Best of luck and great set up!

CamelToeJoe

CamelToeJoe

I run the dyna-gro line.. once the PH is set it never moves for two weeks.. late in flower i might get a cal mg def so i bump the pH up to 6.2 and it let it fall back to 5.8 over three days. I do that twice. My plants look amazing.. If UC is the autopilot system then dyna gro is the auto pilot nute. I leave my plants unattended for up to a week at a time with no worries.. i also run h202 weekly.

Top Bottom