UC actual available nutrient profiles

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Temps are 78-80 while using co2, humidity is around 60% until the last part.

lava

lava

i am a little confused with the concept of nutrient profiles.

I used a botanicare pbp recipe that i maxed out at 400ppm (started to see burn at 450ppm). If ppm nutrient specific? Can i use a higher ppm of house and garden and not see burn?

420Clones

Safe PBP

Could it be deficiency? 400ppm seems low and it is hard to burn with PBP.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
i am a little confused with the concept of nutrient profiles.

I used a botanicare pbp recipe that i maxed out at 400ppm (started to see burn at 450ppm). If ppm nutrient specific? Can i use a higher ppm of house and garden and not see burn?

Over the past year or so PPB has proven less effective than it had been in previous years. Consider switching to a more water culture compatible nute such as DM, Canna, Ionic....and yes H&G can work well.

Just be sure to keep your calmag dosing lower like 1 mil per gal, especially when running such low concentrations to begin with.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Over the past year or so PPB has proven less effective than it had been in previous years. Consider switching to a more water culture compatible nute such as DM, Canna, Ionic....and yes H&G can work well.

Just be sure to keep your calmag dosing lower like 1 mil per gal, especially when running such low concentrations to begin with.

you see the product degrading?

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
you see the product degrading?

Can't say for sure...botanicare makes world class products no doubt.

Though it's not uncommon for nutrient manufacturers to be forced or choose to source different raw materials as inputs for their ferts. Whether this is or has been the case with pbp can only be speculated.

rollon

rollon

Can't say for sure...botanicare makes world class products no doubt.

Though it's not uncommon for nutrient manufacturers to be forced or choose to source different raw materials as inputs for their ferts. Whether this is or has been the case with pbp can only be speculated.

have been running pure blend nutrients even before the pro line, and the nutrient profile has changed slightly over time. just my opinion

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

So after talking with daniel (who was extremely helpful and professional) i have come up with the initial profiles for the 3 UC systems im going to run.... any input would be helpful...

PBP (living) - UC-XXL X16

2.5 ml cal-mag
7.5 ml PBP Hydro Bloom
.6 ml Roots exel
Aquashield
superthrive
Protek to 5.4

CNS 17 (sterile) - UC-XXL X16

9ml CNS 17 Hydro bloom
1ml Zone
add .27
protek to 5.4

H&G (sterile) - UC-XXL X32

1.5 ml cal-mag
4 ml H&G A
4ml H&G B
1 ml zone
add .27
protek to 5.4

I have not decided if i will crown feed bennies in the living system as of yet... other then that these profiles are designed to not alter during the course of the grow with the exception of pk boosters during flower (most likely shooting powder or the FF boosters) and of course flush...

I have been toying with 1/2 str of the 1/2 str for the first 2 weeks after seeing some very nice looking pics at around 300-350 ppm on here... Any thoughts?

Ill post the actual available ppm for these profiles tonight when i have some more time....

And here are the 2 small UC’s.....

DS were you running this H&G profile during veg phase 3 or flower? Thanks for the input

rollon

rollon

what kinda changes are you noticing?

sorry D.S. for not responding earlier, was distracted by the alien drop.over time there were slight differences. at one point i used to just use the bloom formula during veg, because the veg formula had too much nitrogen to keep my plants short and thick. uchq hit it right on the head,organic components are not exact. i think bontanicare even knows this.i would like to thank this undercurrent forum u guys are cutting edge

Pro bloom 1
Pro bloom 2
ElusiveQuark

ElusiveQuark

Bump x 2 in last 24 hrs. Exchange between DS and UCMENOW makes this one of the most informative threads re: fast hydro anywhere. Cheers!

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello DS wanted to know that when your PH is at the point of being lowered back to 5.4 in veg I'm havIng the problem that I put the ph down but it doesn't stay it creeps up fast again. I have to stay there and continue to put ph down until its stays at 5.4 even then it takes a long time for it to stay after a lot of attempts. What do you do? Just put enough so it reaches 5.4 and let it swing up to 6.4 in veg even if that swing in a 3 day period? Thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Also do you keep those temp and rH until what part do you change your temp and RH and how much thanks

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

In general, you want to see rapid swings. It is simply indicating ion exchange in the rhizosphere.

rh around 60 and temps about 78-80 (w co2) and 74-76 w/o. You want to start dipping temps down 5-10 degrees and rh down to 40-50 for the last 2-3 weeks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom