Under Current Evolution 9, and Star Trek

• Thread starter crossouttheiis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

crossouttheiis

Under Current Evolution 9xxl 13 gallon, and Star Trek

I have taken a lot of time getting all the stuff together with my friend and we are almost there now. The strain we are going to run first is called Star Trek which has produced well in the past for us. Currently we are finishing up the electric work. As well as getting the AC all hooked up. This is what we have thus far...
equiptment:

- UC evo9
- 1/4 hp water chiller
- 9 1000 watt ballast, bulbs and cord sets
- All nutrients (ill list later on)
- 8 light light controller
- 4 light light controller
- 9 tomato cages
- spectra pure ro machine
- 6 and eight bulb t5
- 9 dwc buckets with 8" lids for easy transplant to flower

Need to buy still:
- ductless mini split
- electrical line

(Nutrients are going to be applied at half strength)

Nutrient line up:
veg:
AN grow micro bloom
AN B52
oregonism
AN voodoo juice

flower:
Sensi A and B
Bud Blood
Big Bud
Overdrive
Sensizym
voodoo juice

I am also going to foliar feed with some stuff called brix mix... maybe some kelp and a little cal mag.

Here is a sneak peak at the lovely ladies vegging :)
http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/IMG00001.jpg

I hope you all enjoy!

==========================================
EDIT: I forgot to mention this is a legal Washington grow... :party0045:

L

Lost

Looking great already! I love what you did with the bukkits and netpots. You just pull them out and into the uc, nice work!

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Arcadia%20Hush%20Lounge%20Chair.jpg

I'm ready for the show. Let's see what she does!

HG23

HG23

super-comfy-chair.jpg

Damn, that chair looks hella uncomfortable Dough. This one at least fits the star trek theme a little. Im in too, Ill for sure want some more infor on the veg setup.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

But it's Blue and shaped like a UC buggit. :)

Lovely plants! (Anti-thread hijack comment, safe.)

thread-hijack.jpg

(Star Trek theme a little.)

C

crossouttheiis

super-comfy-chair.jpg

Damn, that chair looks hella uncomfortable Dough. This one at least fits the star trek theme a little. Im in too, Ill for sure want some more infor on the veg setup.

well for veg:
I run a little homemade aeroponic cloner out of a five gallon bucket with 14 or 15 spots. These were the best nine and were kept. This is all done under and eight bulb t5 with all blue bulbs.

The original plan was to be vegged in the system but they were begging to be transplanted and the roots were getting all tangled.

My friend and I decided it would be best to do a DIY dwc bucket set up. We just got some of those 2.54 5 gallon lowes buckets along with the 99 cent lid. Then we got some eight inch pots ( I forget what they are called exactly). We then traced each lid with a marker and cut out a circle which houses the eight inch pot. The girls are getting oxygen via pondmaster ap-100. They are just some cheap airstones we picked up at the garden store and well probably have to replace them in the next few runs.

They are being covered now by two t-5's with the bulbs flip flopped red blue and seem to like it. I have always loved the internodal (sp??) growth that comes along with t-5.

We plan on changing the nutes every one and a half to two weeks depending on the plant. We didn't bother with a chiller for this because the room stays really cool and has some good air flow.

In about a week or two we plan on bumping it up to a single 1000 watt in a magnum xxl and vent it out of the room just to ensure it stays cool. I think we are shooting for 2-2.5 half feet before plopping them in the undercurrent system.

HG23

HG23

Hey Cross,

Thanks for the explaination on the veg setup, it helped a lot. So you start them in the aero cloner and then secure them directly in hydroton?

Dynamite

Dynamite

Star Trek

Trainwreck X SensiStar ,that clone ?

If it's the same clone from the PDX area it grows some really great smoke ,my friend ran it a few times,,and was great frosty buddage ..

great looking grow

C

crossouttheiis

Hey Cross,

Thanks for the explaination on the veg setup, it helped a lot. So you start them in the aero cloner and then secure them directly in hydroton?

Yes, we put them as gently into the 8 inch net pots and fill with hydroton. So far it's worked great and the roots are starting to fill the five gallon bucket.

Trainwreck X SensiStar ,that clone ?

If it's the same clone from the PDX area it grows some really great smoke ,my friend ran it a few times,,and was great frosty buddage ..

great looking grow

Yes, it is tranwreck x sensistar. I am not sure if my buddy got it from PDX or not though. Probably though because I am located close to there though. I am going on vacation for a week and a half, but when I get back I'll have updated pictures of the veg set up and their progress. they have already grown a 3-4 inches since I have taken that picture. I am sure they will be ready to flower in a few weeks. I think we are planning to flip them at 24-36 inches. They are only about eight or so now.

K

kuz

Whatever your doing they look like they like it. How close were the roots to the water when you put the clones in the dwc bucket?

C

crossouttheiis

Whatever your doing they look like they like it. How close were the roots to the water when you put the clones in the dwc bucket?

the roots were about four to five inches long when I put them in the 8 inch net pots. There is about 4 and a half gallons give or take. I dont have a very good camera, but you can see it bubbling up through the hydroton. I submerge the entire rootball though. Just have to make sure its getting enough oxygen.

RollinEndough

RollinEndough

Too early for me to tell if that's the PDX 'Trek. Used to live there and grew it into a fat bush. Slowest plant in veg ever, that would be a sign as well as woody stems. True dank.

Can't wait for the next update!

C

crossouttheiis

woody stems yeah, nothing grows slow in deep water culture though. plane leaves early in the morning. I need to get some sleep. I am going to try and stay off the boards for the full ten days ha. Update when I get back on the 18 though with pictures!

Dynamite

Dynamite

WA,OR ..that cut floats around ..the last time my friend ran it ,about half way through bloom it had a wonderful lemon cake icing type smell ..I think I have a couple pics of it ..this one he had vegged fairly well ..

anyway ,there was a large controvesy about where the clone came from ,a guy goes buy the handle Tyson ,he crossed TrainwreckXSensistar ,named it Tyrex and passed seeds far and wide back when AN used to have a canna forum..I like the StarTrek name better ,LOL..don't tell him I said that..haha..history of these cut ,long as it's good weed ,that's all that matters !!

Look forward to your update ,and see how these ladies look in full bloom!

:friday:

C

crossouttheiis

WA,OR ..that cut floats around ..the last time my friend ran it ,about half way through bloom it had a wonderful lemon cake icing type smell ..I think I have a couple pics of it ..this one he had vegged fairly well ..

anyway ,there was a large controvesy about where the clone came from ,a guy goes buy the handle Tyson ,he crossed TrainwreckXSensistar ,named it Tyrex and passed seeds far and wide back when AN used to have a canna forum..I like the StarTrek name better ,LOL..don't tell him I said that..haha..history of these cut ,long as it's good weed ,that's all that matters !!

Look forward to your update ,and see how these ladies look in full bloom!

:friday:

No update yet, I am still out of town. I couldn't stay away though haha still. I agree though I like the name star trek a lot better then tyrex. Yeah that is all I care about is producing good weed. I called my partner and he said that everything is still looking good and growing steadily. We just put the order in for the ac so we should be getting that in the next week. We are also finishing up the electrical still for the room. It is taking a while, but everything is slowly but surely coming together.

Anyone from oregon ever shop at the hydro resale store in beaverton? there are some good finds out there on the cheap too!

C

crossouttheiis

UPDATE:

I just got back into town last night after a bunch of delayed flights. It was a pain in the ass, but at least I am back. I have an update of a different kind. I didn't have time to go out to my medical grow, but I have been helping another friend along the way this year with his outdoor. I have done all the labor to help him out because he is sick. We got the plants out late this year because of some complications, but things are looking good. This has been an all organic grow, thanks Tom Hill, butte, Nomaad,Local hero and others... you guys probably don't come on here though :).

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/IMG00005.jpg
http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/IMG00004.jpg

Back on topic though. I talked to my friend and they are getting huge in our dwc buckets. I am going out there tonight to change the nutrients and snap a few pictures and pull the undercurrent out of the box :). I can't wait I hope all you can't either haha.

HG23

HG23

Too bad about the flights, air travel is so fucked lately.Wow, that looks like it took some real work you put in, outdoor is an interesting game. I'm still in to see the EVO9 in action, let us know how construction goes. Oh yea, did you get you're minisplit installed yet?

C

crossouttheiis

I dont have my camera cords with me, but all I can say is wow wow wow. These bitches have taken off. There is a little stretch because it was switched to a thousand watt hps. We are going to be setting up a couple thousand watters. The guy we had to get the AC has fallen through and we are looking into finding another one now. Luckily we know another guy. The good thing though is we are going to be getting the electrical done for free. We are waiting our friend to come through though. I will have pictures up tomorrow night or, the morning. I am a long ways from home

C

crossouttheiis

Picture update, I guess I am a little more excited than everyone here. So picture one is of the under current in the boxes as you all might have guessed lol

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/IMG00009.jpg

Picture 2: One thousand watt hps and two t5 fixtures for a little veg.

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/IMG00019.jpg

Picture 3: Two one thousands one HPS and another MH over the ladies

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/IMG00020.jpg

Picture 4: Another shot of the ladies under HPS and MH

http://i298.invalid.com/albums/mm275/cruzma1/IMG00021.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom