Under Current RDWC GDP x AK47 First Grow

• Thread starter Green Escape
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

150ppm isnt going to give you any grow, some tap water is higher than that, try 500-750 ppm

t.o.med

t.o.med

about the fan leaves if they come off when you slightly pull them its okay but i wouldnt start clipping leaves on plants that small.

G

Green Escape

Really low nute levels? i've been told to be careful about nutes with babies which is why i've kept the strength so low. would you recommend jumping up the sensi a and b grow as well with it or let the adv bloom take care of that.? would the phosphorus deficiency be the cause of the drooping or is that from low nutes heres some more pics

IMG 0136
IMG 0137
IMG 0138
IMG 0139
IMG 0140
t.o.med

t.o.med

as an example when i was doing aeroponics once my clones rooted they would go in the veg tubes for a couple days to a week at 1000ppm. then they would go in the flower room at 1500-1850 ppm. your not running dirt this is a high speed system you want to get the nute levels up there and get them growing quickly. you should be getting a couple of inches of growth a day. i would also raise my humidity. i like to be around 70-75 % rh in veg.

G

Green Escape

Im not running co2 in there that room is strictly veg i've only had them in that system 4 days my ph is finally staying consistent. i did bump up my nutes to around 850 ppm now. those pics i posted are of the five that are showing the most signs of weakness. the other 25 or so are showing good growth with healthy new foliage. i'd say half have grown about 4 inches. the ones giving me the most trouble were the ones that had the least root showing and had a bit raggedness to em. Velvet - i dont think you're being a dick im open to all constructive criticism. its a major learning process to me so i am open to all opinions. TO- I'm gonna try and get that humidity up im sure that having it as low as it has been is not benefiting them much.

G

Green Escape

well figured one thing out that adv nutes tarantula gummed up my return filters so i cleaned those and its running alot better now the ppm levels came down to about 750 but it seems like they're taking to it well i was also told they looked a little over watered so i've dropped the water level down quite a bit.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Remove the return filters that come with kit with the quickness, total waste and will clog and flood your house if you don't watch it, it loads two of the buckets and the controll bucket and starves the others..get them outta there, especially with tarrantuala and pirahna, askin for a headache. The decrease the water flow to nothing between the buckets and you basically have a stand alone DWC that will load on ya and piss you off, this also causes ph and nute concentration problems.

It is tricky to do the ph in these because you are treatinf 50+ gallons in 9 buckets, spread out..so when you dose the control bucket with nutes or a ph correction, it takes about 10 minutes for it to work its way through the system and level out and that is between each thing you add or change, a nute change and ph adjustment can take an hour or so until you get the gang of it.

On my plants now, i am at about 2.0ec or 1600ppm and they eat about 400-500 ppm out of the solution every day, they are drinkin about 10-15 gallons of water a day now also. Mid week I redose my reservoirs to bump the ppm back up till the Sunday res change and nute setup for the next week.

Tex

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Plants are looking rough brother/ sister. Remember the plants need to be able to uptake enough water to metabolize properly before they start needing lots of dissolved minerals. Excess ppm's can tend to lock out waters ability to be absorbed by the plants (imbalanced osmotic function), in turn stunting plant growth.

The friends I know that used Adv. nutes in water culture tended to struggle because of the pH fluctuations within the solution....once they shifted into a simple nutrient things really turned around with a quickness. Try Dutch Master Gold, H&G Aqua, Canna Aqua, GH 3 part, Cutting Edge, Ionic....any of these "clean & simple" base nutrients will do well in water culture.

KEEP IT SIMPLE and you'll enjoy the fruits from the promise land.

t.o.med

t.o.med

have any of you guys thought about using a ph controller like this one

you can set it to check in intervals like every 10 min or half hour whatever.

ucmenow- i dont really agree with you on a system like this everything happens so fast i dont think 850 ppms is to much ge isnt growing in dirt. the problems came wnen the ppm were low like at 150. i personally wouldnt piss on advance if they were on fire let alone buy there nutes. but you cant deny the results people like doubled get with there food. i really like the gh 3 part myself the ionic is really good easy to use and look at some of the results heath has had with ionic. i used ionic in my aero system with grteat results.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

I'm hearing you on the aggressive feeding pace for high performance water culture being a key component of success. I just think it's necessary to change the nutrients out more often when growing with high ppm's. I'm more of a 3-4 weeks before a change out guy. I adjust pH, additives, etc through my top off res as the plants need it.

Growing this style is perfectly suited to the Intelli Dose from Am Hydro you're referring to. You treat the solution more like a fish tank and look for more of a sustained balance vs. speeding from stop light to stop light.

You can get great results using both approaches we're talking about....I just feel like reducing my fert and water consumption to save some dough and H2O....and the time I would spend on maintanence.

G.E. Your gardens gonna do great, just hang in there.:sun

G

Green Escape

TK thanks for the advice on the return filters. everything you explained that could happen was happening due to the filters except for the flooding part thank god. the shop owner who sold em to me told me to run those filters in case a clay pebble runs through and breaks your pump but a pump is easier to replace than a crop the way i see it so i took your advice i removed the filters and the system does seem to be running better. I've been experimenting with the ph and ppm adjustments in very small doses and like you said it does take a while to level out and im still trying to get the hang of it which is why im working with it slowly. i believe that my problems originally started with the water level my rockwool was drenched and the plants were not looking happy and the roots were growing out sideways and up more than down. since ive dropped the levels the plants have seemed to be getting happier along with the humidity staying around 45-50% now and the ppms being up to the 750's now. TO that mini doser is super bad ass and i want one but im gonna have to get some scrilla stashed for those cuz once i by one im gonna want it for each system lol. Im gonna be looking into those different nutes and be more open minded on that i've been pushed toward an from the start but im starting to realize there are more proven formulas out there. UCMENOW Thanks for the advice and the optomism extremely appreciated. heres some pics of the flower room lighting the pics are from my iphone so they're not the best. the 150 watt side lights arent up yet but it is blindingly bright in there. do you guys know if i can post videos on here they look so cool spinning. thanks again to all those who are contributing your opinions taking the time to help it is extremely appreciated.

IMG 0146
IMG 0145
IMG 0152
IMG 0150
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
. the shop owner who sold em to me told me to run those filters in case a clay pebble runs through and breaks your pump but a pump is easier to replace than a crop.

Problem is that most of those store guys full of quick advise don't even grow or grow well if they do...

The clay pebbles/hydroton are in a net pots and don't get in the system. Even if you filled the buckets with hydroton there is not enough flow to pull them from the buckets, through the rootmass, over all the fittings and unions that are already 2" ,hydroton is like 20mm, and into a pump orafice that is 1/2" with a pepcock valve. It is actually designed to shut the pump flow off for whatever reason. It is DWC at its soul, so even if you took the pump completely out of the system you still have 8 stand alone DWC that could go a few days without even having to add water....so all that he is spouting is incorrect and the one thing he is for sure about is the thing that really screws it up...lol..gotta love that

Tex

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Called on the valve on the return manifold, asked what the fug it's for and was told......

"once closed the valve will hold back the contents of the system if water pump maintanance needs to take place, without it, the grower would need to take less convenient measures to do that."

I don't wanna sound like a UC minnion but besides the filter bags I don't think there's anything on this system that doesn't serve some purpose. BTW, my new system's got a 3/4" valve on the return manifold?....must be another upgrade.

TK...thanks for all the time you're putting into this post.

Merry X-mas.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
But it is much easier to just lift the pump above the water line of the buckets for any maintance, plus that actually evacuates the water from the actual 3/4" line before takin the pump of line which doesn't happen otherwise because the pump pulls a vacuum against the shutoff valve and nothing moves..it also leaves all the water in the upper part of the line to the control bucket..

I wonder if these guys ever ran these sometimes, I swear some of the info is silly...

Tex

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Classic TK....I've got to imagine you don't develope a method as dope as this system without being experienced.

I've had the pleasure of meeting these guys more than once at a couple expos and one thing that seemed clear to me was 'these fools be no joke'.

Any doubts of that could be quickly fact checked with a 5 minute phone conversation to their office. Check em out....I'm sure you'll soon agree on the experience tip.

I'm tagging on a Q&A the UC guy did for Urban Gardener Mag that they forwarded me to help dial in my grow.

More pics, please.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Never said these weren't good guys, I met them as well a few years ago at the hydro expo but at that time their bigger focus was stand alone single units and their bio culture tea brewer thingamajig or was it vermiculture, I can't remember but either way three years ago these guys were already gettin in gear but nothing was there yet.
In talkin with them recently it is obvious that they guys are full tilt into manufacturing these sytems and the real innovation as far as nutes, plants, and setup configurations are coming from us and others out there running the systems, they told us so. These were never designed to run verticle lighting, which we do, they were not designed to be on anything but 25" centers and overhead lighting and now we are all pushing 40" centers to accomidate tree grows with a grid of 1k's hanging verticle...these guys are in awww...prior to any of us doin this the only demo they have and only field info available has no plants, no nothing only the system running and its been three years now, there have been four threads total that i know of on the boards, I am sure there are more but 2 on IC, one of which is total toast and was a terrible example of what you can do with the system. one still running and the two on here, one is the SOG setup and not doin as well as could be expected and the one I am runnin..

Love the system it just needs a few tweaks to be over the top badass and I am sure those tweaks will be implemented by the factory as soon as all of us tell them what they are.

Sorry on the pics, i will try and find a new transfer cord today for my camera but Sunday is the start of week four in flower and they are goin nuts. already stackin..

Tex

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Truth be told....got a bro running (4) 16XL's..another running (3)32XL's...another running (2) 24XL's and another running (10) 12's....non of which post on a board and all are rocking harvey after harvey.

Anyone I know with a grow worth posting, doesn't. I think the idea of posting and sharing ideas is of the highest order so don't get me wrong....I don't think my grower buddies are right in their privacy but it (privacy) does seem to be practiced by those with the most experience.

My point being that's it's not unusual for growers of the most sacred of herbs to feel the gravitational pull of the universe terminates at their front door....but....reality is that most don't post...no time, too busy with success.

That being said it is very important for newbies to get the guidance provided by the more experienced on the boards, so kudos for the tutoring of the remedial masses. Just do your best to stay grounded in how tiny of a footprint the bloggessphere actually has in the world of medicinal growing...respect. :handshake

G.E. Where them pics at?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Anybody checking any music this new years?

I mean besides the sweet music of oscillating fans and aerating solutionz of course.....

G

Green Escape

Did my first res change today bumped the nutes up to 1000 using sensi a and b grow sensizym carboload and used the pirahna and tarantula in tea bags this time to avoid the mess. the girls seem to like it alot because im finally seeing roots coming out the baskets and im so happy to see that. i think im finding the right levels to keep the water at. I've been trying to get my damn exhaust and intake fans to run less so now the room is ranging in temp from 75-82 and my humidity is fluctuating from 40-70% depending on if the ex/in is running my cgc controller is set to 81 now. I'll be sure to post some pics tomorrow. Hope you all had a merry christmas.

Top Bottom