Under Current RDWC GDP x AK47 First Grow

• Thread starter Green Escape
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Green Escape

mixing up my h&g nutes for flower and the ph is showing 4.5 after just the aqua flakes a and b on my ph pen but on my secondary check its showing around 6.0 my ph pen is calibrated and showing the right ph on everything else. the starting ph of the water was around 6.5. is this normal for h&g?

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Give it a couple hours to stabilize before you do any pH adjusting....good to see things turning for the better.

G

Green Escape

im waiting it out but im getting really pissed off at the fact that i have no clue whether or not i have the right ph. my paper ph is showing around 6 and the pen is showing 4.5 this is really frustrating.

opt1c

opt1c

with ro water there really aren't enough ions to conduct enough electricty to get an accurate ph reading on a pen; liquid is better or cutting with 25% tap water but personally with ro water i don't read ph as long as my filters are clean on the ro unit i never have probs; even with rootbound moms in soil and coco for years at a time

G

Green Escape

i have 4.0 cal solution and 7.0 cal solution and clean & cal check solution. i ended up breaking down and getting another meter and now i know not to double check with the paper pos ph testers lol. my new tester confirmed that my hanna was correct i was just being a lil negative today and overreacting a little to much because im switching nute companies and was out of medicine (keyword was). jk i've read alot of your posts seems like you've developed a hell of a system over the years and definitely have extensive knowledge of this beautiful plant. this is first ever grow do you have any lil suggestions on transfering to flower. like time of dark period before starting 12/12 and lil things like that.

t.o.med

t.o.med

hi ge glad things are staring to go good for ya. ive done the dark period thing to start flowering have tried anywhere from 24-48 hours in dark when not running a perpetual room. it does seem to bring on noticable signs of flowering earlier. although it could just be in my head i never marked the days on a calender to see if this is true or not. its not going to hurt anything either way though.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Green Escape... :hi: I just read your entire thread and I must tip my hat to you for an amazing grow room especially for your 1st grow! Those light spinners are crazy! I'm digging the UC setup everytime I see it. Good job and good luck!

G

Green Escape

I've got root aphids i saw them when i was moving em to flower. whats the best way to get rid of them? i am fucking flipping i've been so careful spraying einstein oil and dr do rights what do i do?

J

Janus

Imidacloprid (sp?) is the active ingredient you're looking for. It is in Bayer Tree & Shrub from your garden center (tho they've recently begun adding another ingredient) or something like Merit 75. Merit is a bit harder to find. It's a systemic treatment that goes into your solution. It's def not fatal or a real issue if they're not too crazy in numbers.

t.o.med

t.o.med

hi ge theres a good thread in the inffimary. it depends how you want to go organic or harsh chemicals. in the past ive used merrit 75 it fucks them up good. now that i run organics i probably wouldnt go that way.

G

Green Escape

i'd like to stick to the organic way but i have some bayer tree and shrub im just wondering at what dilution ratio i should use it at. is it best to mix up a batch and dunk the plants or put it straight into the resivoir.

S

sirsmokealot

1-3tsp/gal on the bayer tree and shrub. I have also used ortho isotox to wipe out some root aphids with one root zone application. I would try and only use these products in veg or early flower, good luck...

J

Janus

Merit 75 if used in the correct dosage will absolutely not 'fuck up your plants good'.

The Bayer T & S is less than 2% Imidacloprid. At that level of active ingredient you mix 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp per gallon. I've had fantastic success with only 1/4 tsp per. Mix it directly into your solution with your nutes. Good luck.

t.o.med

t.o.med

Merit 75 if used in the correct dosage will absolutely not 'fuck up your plants good'.

The Bayer T & S is less than 2% Imidacloprid. At that level of active ingredient you mix 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp per gallon. I've had fantastic success with only 1/4 tsp per. Mix it directly into your solution with your nutes. Good luck.

i should have explained myself better i meant fucks up the aphids not the plants. a lot of people dont like systemics in there organic weed. thats all i meant not saying it doesnt work. i know it works very well.

G

Green Escape

thanks guys im hoping this is gonna work how long do you think i should keep that in the system before doing a res change?

J

jordisgarden

Wow that is very very nice man. obviously your an a type personality who goes balls to the wall . i wish i could keep my spots looking so nice. all those pics are missing is scientists in lab coats..awsome job.

G

Green Escape

thanks you very much jordis i appreciate the compliment. hopefully im anihaliting these lil fuckers. for now here is some eye candy of the babies in their new system.

IMG 0192
IMG 0193
IMG 0194
IMG 0195
IMG 0196
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Ohh man... :icon_spin: Such a sweet setup every time I see it. Just curious how you like those light spinners and also wondering how loud the under current system is...

As for root aphids, I've been battling them for the last half of my 3rd round and I've been using Dutch Master's Zone in my hydro setup. It def works, but I had to stop using Great White cuz it also kills and beneficial microbes...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Flip those plants maing!! they are already gettin to big to manage in that setup when they are in full flower..

Lookin good though

Tex

Top Bottom