Unknown Clones from bagseeds Run #2

• Thread starter Observationist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Observationist

Observationist

Shelf life of aroma and potency is plant specific,sort of like persistance of high. Exposure to air,light and temp all negatively influence cannabis and you lose it all over time. I dry to just the point of no threat of mold,then I double vacuum seal and put it in the fridge to cure over time,same with my hashish. I have some from 2019 and 2020 and it all has gotten better over time.The fridge cure is awesome. I keep my seeds in there too and viability stays strong.
Love to hear

Awesome!

Observationist

Observationist

Psychedelics? Have you experimented with growing mushrooms and using the CO2 they create to boost plants yet?

I'm wanting to try this my self... mush tote on tent top, venting into the tent... probably going to focuse on edible mushrooms - Shitake, Oyster, Enoki, etc...
Penis envy are edible. 😉

I’ve read they can put off a decent amount of co2, or fermenting yeast alone will put off some co2, I just don’t know the numbers.

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

Penis envy are edible. 😉

I’ve read they can put off a decent amount of co2, or fermenting yeast alone will put off some co2, I just don’t know the numbers.
I actually want those particular mushrooms... I'm gonna sell some to local restuarants to help pay for grow costs... and eat them! :-D

They are kind of expensive at the store and I love to use them in cooking... especially the Shitake!

Observationist

Observationist

I actually want those particular mushrooms... I'm gonna sell some to local restuarants to help pay for grow costs... and eat them! :-D

They are kind of expensive at the store and I love to use them in cooking... especially the Shitake!
Sweet!

I know some around will definitely buy morel shrooms, those are hard to grow though I’ve heard.

Observationist

Observationist

Few problems popping up but nothing that won’t get fixed

Think it’s medium drying out, salts left behind and EC spikes occurring, causing nute burn.

Just need to flush out.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just some thoughts to consoder on the mushrooms in a room with cannabis.

Mushrooms contaminate very easily… like ridiculously easy. Many of the microbes we add will contaminate them. The bane of shrooms is trichoderma and those soecies are very beneficial to our plants and we almost always see then. Many think its algae but it’s usually trichoderma .

Observationist

Observationist

Mushrooms contaminate very easily… like ridiculously easy. Many of the microbes we add will contaminate them. The bane of shrooms is trichoderma and those soecies are very beneficial to our plants and we almost always see then. Many think its algae but it’s usually trichoderma .
Good to know, thanks.

Observationist

Observationist

Veg tent lights are at 20% and it’s still almost to much light so I’ve raised them just a tad as , they are really efficient….

MacroLogos

MacroLogos

Good forsight. So a constant one-way air flow would be required (the monotub wouldn't be placed in the grow tent, it would be vented into it from outside), and perhaps an air filter on the intake into the monotub *might* be needed.

From my studies, while it is true that contamination is a serious concern, it is only during the initial conilization of the substrat. Once the mycelium has fully colonized the substrat, it is no longer easy for other fungus to move in and colonize. However, I've only begun to study monotubing... and there may be additional concerns of infection, but I have watched several growers videos and they are all ultra-steril during the growing of the mycelium and the inoculation of the substrat. But after that, ultra-steril conditions are no longer required or observed.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good forsight. So a constant one-way air flow would be required (the monotub wouldn't be placed in the grow tent, it would be vented into it from outside), and perhaps an air filter on the intake into the monotub *might* be needed.

From my studies, while it is true that contamination is a serious concern, it is only during the initial conilization of the substrat. Once the mycelium has fully colonized the substrat, it is no longer easy for other fungus to move in and colonize. However, I've only begun to study monotubing... and there may be additional concerns of infection, but I have watched several growers videos and they are all ultra-steril during the growing of the mycelium and the inoculation of the substrat. But after that, ultra-steril conditions are no longer required or observed.
Nope they are easily contaminated no matter what stage… ask me how i know 😜

Top Bottom