• Thread starter Artist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
More pics from seed organic grow why use chemicals? Smh

Why do you call fertilizer chemicals?

How about you just do you. No need to be so critical of conventional fertilization, which sounds like something you must have "learned" about from mother earth news...

Plants looks good btw. How old are those now?

Artist

Artist

Why do you call fertilizer chemicals?

How about you just do you. No need to be so critical of conventional fertilization, which sounds like something you must have "learned" about from mother earth news...

Plants looks good btw. How old are those now?
I am doing me I’m not trying to criticized fertilizer meant chemicals and thank you plant is around 4/5weeks old

Artist

Artist

The plant looks promising!:)And what about that strawberry juice tea,what does it do?I also try to grow with my own ferts/soil mixes so im interested in what you are doing and how will it end:)
I foliar feed a lot tea consist of one banana peel about half dozen strawberries aloe Vera etc etc call it all purpose feeding

Reactions: Ina
shaganja

shaganja

Haha haha, there looking good.

One day someone of you organic grower has to enlighten me and explain scientifically how organics make the fruit taste any better.

Ive tried organic foods before and they defenatly don't taste better.

But your plants are looking good!
Organic have to do with feeding the soil, using micros, and fungi. The goal is to make as many different types of micros you can in the soil. Using composting, no till, regenerative methods. Different vegetable and fruits have different nutrient content, and they make the soil rich in fresh nutrients using worms. You can also manually add micros from bottles. Mammoth p, Recharge, etc...organic has quality that is imho better by far! Rocking a water only soil right now. And at almost six weeks in, it smells awesome!! Im using worm towers this summer. Very excited!!

Artist

Artist

Organic have to do with feeding the soil, using micros, and fungi. The goal is to make as many different types of micros you can in the soil. Using composting, no till, regenerative methods. Different vegetable and fruits have different nutrient content, and they make the soil rich in fresh nutrients using worms. You can also manually add micros from bottles. Mammoth p, Recharge, etc...organic has quality that is imho better by far! Rocking a water only soil right now. And at almost six weeks in, it smells awesome!! Im using worm towers this summer. Very excited!!
Facts shaganja I’m also using no till soil no worms yet corn spouts does wonders

7D995CD7 3EF2 489C 937A CD820F6C6871
Artist

Artist

Remember these regular seed 👻getting bigger also I practice my tea on them they went in flower two days ago

983DD428 719C 4BA5 BE21 F8B660A08E16
BC94DCC4 8E1C 4C0A BF45 1791A8A231AB
Terpz719

Terpz719

I am doing me I’m not trying to criticized fertilizer meant chemicals and thank you plant is around 4/5weeks old
Good luck with the grow. I'm very interested in the living soil approach, and I want to give it a try one day. I've read TLO and Teaming With Microbes, etc. I'd like to run a side by side with clones from the same ma between coco and living soil. Mainly because I hear the "it's chemicals" comment a lot. I, personally, don't understand the distinction. The implication is that say your tea is not chemicals. This is where I get lost, and why I want to do the comparison - because all matter is made of chemicals. Does the plant know, so to speak, where the N,P,K, Ca, Mg, S, etc comes from? I guess that is what really intrigues me.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Good luck with the grow. I'm very interested in the living soil approach, and I want to give it a try one day. I've read TLO and Teaming With Microbes, etc. I'd like to run a side by side with clones from the same ma between coco and living soil. Mainly because I hear the "it's chemicals" comment a lot. I, personally, don't understand the distinction. The implication is that say your tea is not chemicals. This is where I get lost, and why I want to do the comparison - because all matter is made of chemicals. Does the plant know, so to speak, where the N,P,K, Ca, Mg, S, etc comes from? I guess that is what really intrigues me.
Short answer is no, the plant cannot tell whether a the nitrogen or phosphorus it uptakes came from a nutrient cycling bacteria or a bottle of GH 3 part. But organic inputs with microbes will create other compounds that you dont find in pure salt based fertilizer.

I'm on board with microbes and feeding the soil, I recently started to run a fungal/bacteria blend with trichoderma and about a dozen Bacillis subspecies in addition to enzymes, SWE and humic acid in pots of pure coco, and use organic based fertilizer that has been processed Into available forms of nutrients already. You get the best of both worlds imho, the microbes feed on decaying root matter and other organics like SWE and Humic acid, and they both feed the plant and protect the rootzone by competing with bad bacteria for the little food sources they have.
And you can still get nearly hydroponic growth rates doing it that way rather than depending on the microbes as the sole food supplier. But to each his own, I dont have a beef with strict no till organics, I just some times think people get a bit carried away with trying to be so overly natural..

Last edited:
shaganja

shaganja

have to study each source, and then bring it to your compost or cover crop, no till style. ex: we know clover mines nitrogen, so we want to put that in our compost, or grow it in the bed, and chop it when its done. and leave it right there to turn to nitrogen for the soil. now take all the rest, and make your own compost recipe, or no till amend style. you can make a veg compost, and a flower compost when you figure out the items needed to decompose for each one. i am happy after this season, i am not buying anymore soil! and our waste becomes dank!!

Artist

Artist

IC. Well good luck with the stretch and overwatered seedlings. I don’t see one proper grow container in any of your pics. Nursery pots and solo cups are cheap. Grab some.
Cat got your mouth now? Lol what stretch 😂🙏

3B8C7955 787C 4517 8108 10D146314968
9C2E7A6D C452 4954 B5F2 CDA00F951270
77C66FEA AFF0 4E47 AE01 895E8D953EFE
Artist

Artist

Thanks for the feedback guys she’s loving her fish tea 🥰 few more days I’ll take a few clones then switch her light cycle can’t wait to see what strain she is 🤔

B87AFCF5 D5F8 45C8 82EE 7A5C02AC0590
551ABC4B BBA5 4DF6 84EB 0AB4F0135DCD
Artist

Artist

Can’t wait any longer this unknown got me excited got a few clones today putting her in flower cycle 😱look at my cover crop lol that all the phosphorus and protein she needs shhhhh🤫 topped her and she still has 15 tops.
Quarantined and growing with ❤️ newbie not doing bad ORGANIC why use chemicals guys smh

E92AB34B A295 4B4D A420 3FB3079032E9
497788C3 FD73 477E 9A1D 356D22CF9620
Artist

Artist

Can’t wait any longer this unknown got me excited got a few clones today putting her in flower cycle 😱look at my cover crop lol that all the phosphorus and protein she needs shhhhh🤫 topped her and she still has 15 tops.
Quarantined and growing with ❤️ newbie not doing bad ORGANIC why use chemicals guys smh
. Cover crop organic way all the phosphorus she needs 🤫

46A62B3C E47C 4CE3 9EEC 5E9544CB9ECB
Artist

Artist

Day #1 in flower 🌺 usually start counting once I see pistols but I need to know exactly how long this unknown takes to finish

7318C539 05FB 4A3D BFDF 0588CD8015DE
304E2A2A 48CD 4ABB A8B2 7D0FE0318BAA
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Do you have a backup plan if this turns out to be male?

I've always thought running regs in flower is a crazy gamble.. I always sex them first and take cuts to flower out. I'd be devastated spending all that time and energy on a maybe that turns out to be a boy...

But I suppose if it's from random bagseed there is a good chance it was self pollinated and would be female anyway. Still who knows. It's a gamble.

Artist

Artist

Do you have a backup plan if this turns out to be male?

I've always thought running regs in flower is a crazy gamble.. I always sex them first and take cuts to flower out. I'd be devastated spending all that time and energy on a maybe that turns out to be a boy...

But I suppose if it's from random bagseed there is a good chance it was self pollinated and would be female anyway. Still who knows. It's a gamble.
I’m sure she’s a female and no it not regs lol I do grow bagseed but she’s not

Top Bottom