Update, new brownish/grey colors, looks bad.

• Thread starter Psyko694
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Psyko694

New colors have appeared on other leaves, on top of the yellowing brown spots. How fucked am i lol.

Update new brownishgrey colors looks bad
Update new brownishgrey colors looks bad 2
Update new brownishgrey colors looks bad 3
Dan789

Dan789

First thing is, have you scoped the undersides of the affected leaves for bugs? If you haven’t do that and report back. PS your soil looks very wet for clones or seedlings...

P

Psyko694

First thing is, have you scoped the undersides of the affected leaves for bugs? If you haven’t do that and report back. PS your soil looks very wet for clones or seedlings...
First thing i did. No bugs. I caught a big beetle looking bug in my room twice (on the stem of a plant) but other than that, no microorganisms under the leaves, did the paper test, nothing. I had just watered the soil with runoff before taking the pictures yesterday, made sure to have a good wet/dry cycle. Im afraid it is some sort of fungus. Found some greyish stuff growing on the top dirt layer of a buddies plant that was near mine.

Dan789

Dan789

Curious to the reasoning for watering to run off on seedlings/clones? It’s my experience that you sparsely water seedlings to promote root propagation through the soil...

P

Psyko694

They are three weeks old, all on their 3 set of true leaves, some 4. Was advised that i could start watering till run off. Each is packed in a big plastic cup then put into a styrofoam so i can examine the root system. Everything seems fine, no typical over-watering symptoms, no discoloration of roots, other than what you see on those leaves.

P

Psyko694

Thank you for your input guys. Is there any chance that its a fungus due to the grey mildew i spotted? I have a hard time believing its over-watering. The plant in the picture that is most affected is my biggest one and sucks up water way quicker than my other guys so tends to be drier than the others come watering time. Plus, my buddy has some plants with classic over-watering symptoms such as swollen leaves/drooping/inward curling of tips.

P

Psyko694

Im gonna lay back on the water for a while though see what happens. Watered every 4 to 5 days as added info.

P

Psyko694

And as for the person who mentioned 3 week plants in small cups, i planned on transplanting right before the watering. Could that cause these symptoms? Its happening on another smaller plant aswell -_-

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And as for the person who mentioned 3 week plants in small cups, i planned on transplanting right before the watering. Could that cause these symptoms? Its happening on another smaller plant aswell -_-

Yes. They look good but with deficiencies starting. I would have guessed over watering but the leaves are flat and happy. Not ribbed and curled down like you said.

I try to get plants out of the party cups and into a 1 gallon by week 2 or they need fertilizer. And they could be growing a better root ball in a larger pot.

Madbud

Madbud

The simplest way to monitor watering is to weigh a cup of your promix if theres any left in the bag, then weigh a plant. More than fifty grams over is too much for seedlings.

P

Psyko694

Yes. They look good but with deficiencies starting. I would have guessed over watering but the leaves are flat and happy. Not ribbed and curled down like you said.

I try to get plants out of the party cups and into a 1 gallon by week 2 or they need fertilizer. And they could be growing a better root ball in a larger pot.
Thank you. Going to do that as soon as the soil dries out.

P

Psyko694

The simplest way to monitor watering is to weigh a cup of your promix if theres any left in the bag, then weigh a plant. More than fifty grams over is too much for seedlings.
Ive done this. I dont think its over-watered. But i do have a question regarding seedlings. When is a plant no longer considered a seedling. All my plants have 3+ sets of true leaves. Are these still seedlings? Or considered younger side of veg.

Madbud

Madbud

Seedlings til at least a fully developed five frond leaf as a general rule. Whats your weight difference now?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It's pretty hard to overwater in Promix as long as decent drainage holes are put in the bottom of the cup/bucket. What are your temps and Relative humidity like? If it is too cool and there is high humidity, you might be getting a fungus issue, especially with your buddy's plant showing signs of mold/mildew (the grey crust on the soil) The top of my Promix dries out within a few hours...this is just the top layer, but if your soil/promix is staying wet on the top for too long, fungus issues can arise.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Before you put these into the cups, were they crowded and possibly overlapping leaves? Leaf damage usually takes a week or two to show up after the damage has already been done. Think back to what you did or sprayed a week or two ago, when they were smaller? Its sort of unusual to see leaf damage so quickly... it doesn't look like a nutrition issue and looks sort of like the damage you see from excessive Rh, with problem being seen where leaves overlap each other. More info is needed, such as growing medium, light, stuff like that. Or did I miss it somewhere? You will probably be OK once you get things in their permanent homes and let them grow without interruption. It's good to be vigilant and looking for problems, but don't go crazy over every misshapen leaves... it's all part of growing and learning. Keep up the good work!

P

Psyko694

Seedlings til at least a fully developed five frond leaf as a general rule. Whats your weight difference now?
Damn no i didnt actually weigh it. I meant i weighed a dry cup vs a wet cup in my hand to get a feel for the difference. I watered till run off so they were pretty full. I dont even want to weigh them, because i do think they are over the amount you said -_- gonna wait it out and transplant when it dries, see what happens.

P

Psyko694

It's pretty hard to overwater in Promix as long as decent drainage holes are put in the bottom of the cup/bucket. What are your temps and Relative humidity like? If it is too cool and there is high humidity, you might be getting a fungus issue, especially with your buddy's plant showing signs of mold/mildew (the grey crust on the soil) The top of my Promix dries out within a few hours...this is just the top layer, but if your soil/promix is staying wet on the top for too long, fungus issues can arise.
Its warm in the room. Around 23 celcius. Good air circulation (fan blowing on them). Its not just promix in there. Didnt have any to start with so most of the bottom of the cups is a potting mix of hummus/little twigs/moss/perlite with promix added on top. I can check the bottoms of the cups because they are in a second plastic cup that slides out of the big styrofoam one. Even when i water until runoff, the soil isnt that bad quality. Doesnt get all soupy/muddy. Dries out in 4 to 5 days. As for humidity.. i dont know. I dont have all the bells and whistles like humidity meter/ph meter. My first attempt at growing XD

Top Bottom