using more watts in veg and reducing watts in flowering = better yield?

• Thread starter glockdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

He meant the word he was using, he was just wrong about it--and then chose to backtrack and try to bullshit the meaning of the word.

How did I backtrack and bullshit the meaning of the word. I posted the definition from a damn dictionary. I think you misunderstood what I meant so now you keep "ignoring" me but at the same time talking about me and trying to defend yourself because you were WRONG :p Then your lil boyfriend tyy jumps in at the last moment, and instead of proving me wrong (which he cannot do) he talks shit about me. 2 grown men talking shit on the internet WOW

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
If you don't like reading tasteless commentary, don't read past this sentence.

One of my favorite adages of the digital age is this:

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard!"

outwest

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If you don't like reading tasteless commentary, don't read past this sentence.

One of my favorite adages of the digital age is this:

"Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still a retard!"

outwest

Arguing to prove your point is one thing, talking shit and calling people names because you have no answer to prove someone wrong...priceless

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

apparently I'm not smart enough to word an idea in such a way that it's not misread, unread, or taken out of context. I hate repeating and rephrasing my words. I think I'll take some getting hit on the head lessons now.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Yeah people with college degree's are too smart to understand the words we write on this thread. Apparently cannabis has no maximum yield or THC production so we should have 100% THC and 100 million+ lbs. per plant.

squiggly

squiggly

apparently I'm not smart enough to word an idea in such a way that it's not misread, unread, or taken out of context. I hate repeating and rephrasing my words. I think I'll take some getting hit on the head lessons now.

Just for the record dude--you were making some great points, and I actually enjoyed the discussion with you. I just categorically disagree with you viewpoint, that's all.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about coming to understanding. You're never going to believe I'm all the way right, and I'm never going to believe you are all the way right. The truth, and both of us also know this--is that neither of us can really say something about any of this with any kind of authority. That's the point, I think it's worth coming at it from a different angle. The only thing which riles me up slightly is that anyone would flat out attack a perfectly reasonable and non-invasive plan to maybe get some interesting results.

People for some reason take offense to my appeal to reason which states that we're sort of doing the wrong things if we want to be exacting. We are getting a good general picture, yes--and I never did say we weren't. What I am saying is there's no reason to believe that it's not possible for us to further clarify some things if we're smart about it.

It bothers me that an obviously positive idea like that would be met with such fervent nay-saying. I'm happy to take constructive criticisms, or to even be proven wrong entirely if someone feels up to it--but it doesn't jive with me that I should keep my mouth shut about things I think when people get to jibberjabbin' back and forth talkin about how this grams per watt here and that grams per watt there and how shit has been scientifically proven or "tested"--when in realty, the both of us know that's not the case.

As I've said--not everything worthwhile comes out of science, but when you do science almost universally something useful will eventually come out of it (if you look in the right places). Trying to make a point against that is like trying to make a point against the possibility of the history of mankind. We owe most if not all of our history to this idea of testing new things, probing new depths, and asking unpopular questions.

Face it--without dickheads like me (or rather super geniuses who are as stubborn as I am) the world would be nothing like it is. We'd still be taming the fucking west if we let nay-sayers and know-it-alls run the world.

Things only get better if you try to make them better. How the hell would anyone know what's possible unless they've tried. I don't plan on letting this issue die--I will make something of this plan, because it's one I believe in.

I'm not just sitting here talking out of my ass and disagreeing with you to spite you. I'm disagreeing with you because I do disagree with you.

What you'll find with me is that I will find a hole irregardless of the wording of your argument--because what I'm attacking is not the wording insomuch as I'm attacking the substance of your arguments. Yes, I go after primarily the wording--but this is only possible if your wording does not justify your claim. If what you meant was clear, and you were right about it I wouldn't be a huge asshole and play semantics with you. If your claim was solid--no amount of discourse from me would be able to dismantle it, I'd only end up looking the fool for trying to attack your words rather than your meaning--I'd argue that's precisely the opposite of what I've done. I've attacked your meaning through your words. They don't match up because what you're saying doesn't make sense.

It was the same problem with the dude I ignored and the word maximize. He wanted to play semantics with that word--but ultimately it was his reasoning which was incorrect not his choice of words or the definition I was going by. It's clear what he meant, and that he was overstepping his ability as a human to claim omnipotent knowledge about a plant and any future discoveries which might stem from doing science with it.

Excepting a few things, many of your arguments were flimsily supported--but a few of your points were well received, a reason why I enjoyed the discourse with you--I perhaps learned a few things and certainly thought in new ways about things. However, much of the main substance of your argument which was well supported was not in direct opposition to my claim. While true, things like this aren't relevant. The question still remains--how perfect is your knowledge of the plant? So perfect to rule out the possibility of any benefit to be gained by science? Answering this question yes is the only way to win the central argument here--and that's why it's such a kerfuffle, you know you can't answer this way--but you also want to wriggle a win out somehow.

The problem you're facing is that it's impossible to make a perfectly sound argument against something like that. You're actually a damn good debater, if I do say so--because you managed to actually make a solid attempt at doing this. However, when something just isn't so--and the substance isn't there to back your claim--you'll find it's impossible to win a debate against an informed foe irrespective of the wording you choose.

There are no words to refute the possibility of a benefit gained by doing some science. This has long been the strength of science. In a way it is one of the few things which is its own justification. The only socially acceptable way to refute such a claim is with science--because this is the only standardized fashion in which we can make arguments which are considered "irrefutable". No matter what you say about the world, everyone isn't going to be convinced until two people agree on something: the preacher and the scientist.

When those two agree, shit gets down. Otherwise, there's always someone left out--someone waiting for an answer that they believe. Because of this, I'm well within the realm of sanity to claim that until you do some science, you won't know if it can or can't help. Like I said earlier, it's kinduv a dick move--but that's one of the perks of being a scientist. I can always ask a question that no one has answered yet. It's how we get money--we convince people that the answers they find might surprise them, and we do that by surprising them over and over and over again with what we find. Science has an excellent track record in this respect.

Science is, as much as any other methodology, a system to study the world which is not perfect. This is why science isn't the only way--but it is a different way, and it's a way to do things in a standardized way that has given our species nearly all of it's greatest abilities. Single-handedly, this one simple standard process has changed the face of the globe.

What you've found is a person who isn't looking for a well worded argument, but rather a well centered and substantive one. Some of the least learned people in my life have put me in my place in arguments more often than I care to count--this is likely due to their perspective being better at viewing certain issues. It's the same argument I'm having here.

For you to "win" the argument, you'd essentially have to prove that there is no reason to look at any cannabis research through a scientific lens and perspective. It has nothing to do with the words broseph. I get what you're saying--a lot of it is right--but the central claim is at worst wrong, and at best something you can't prove right now. Whereas I have hundreds of years of results and millions of examples to suggest that doing science might turn up some surprises.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Just for the record dude--you were making some great points, and I actually enjoyed the discussion with you. I just categorically disagree with you viewpoint, that's all.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about coming to understanding. You're never going to believe I'm all the way right, and I'm never going to believe you are all the way right. The truth, and both of us also know this--is that neither of us can really say something about any of this with any kind of authority. That's the point, I think it's worth coming at it from a different angle. The only thing which riles me up slightly is that anyone would flat out attack a perfectly reasonable and non-invasive plan to maybe get some interesting results.

People for some reason take offense to my appeal to reason which states that we're sort of doing the wrong things if we want to be exacting. We are getting a good general picture, yes--and I never did say we weren't. What I am saying is there's no reason to believe that it's not possible for us to further clarify some things if we're smart about it.

It bothers me that an obviously positive idea like that would be met with such fervent nay-saying. I'm happy to take constructive criticisms, or to even be proven wrong entirely if someone feels up to it--but it doesn't jive with me that I should keep my mouth shut about things I think when people get to jibberjabbin' back and forth talkin about how this grams per watt here and that grams per watt there and how shit has been scientifically proven or "tested"--when in realty, the both of us know that's not the case.

As I've said--not everything worthwhile comes out of science, but when you do science almost universally something useful will eventually come out of it (if you look in the right places). Trying to make a point against that is like trying to make a point against the possibility of the history of mankind. We owe most if not all of our history to this idea of testing new things, probing new depths, and asking unpopular questions.

Face it--without dickheads like me (or rather super geniuses who are as stubborn as I am) the world would be nothing like it is. We'd still be taming the fucking west if we let nay-sayers and know-it-alls run the world.

Things only get better if you try to make them better. How the hell would anyone know what's possible unless they've tried. I don't plan on letting this issue die--I will make something of this plan, because it's one I believe in.

I'm not just sitting here talking out of my ass and disagreeing with you to spite you. I'm disagreeing with you because I do disagree with you.

What you'll find with me is that I will find a hole irregardless of the wording of your argument--because what I'm attacking is not the wording insomuch as I'm attacking the substance of your arguments. Yes, I go after primarily the wording--but this is only possible if your wording does not justify your claim. If what you meant was clear, and you were right about it I wouldn't be a huge asshole and play semantics with you. If your claim was solid--no amount of discourse from me would be able to dismantle it, I'd only end up looking the fool for trying to attack your words rather than your meaning--I'd argue that's precisely the opposite of what I've done. I've attacked your meaning through your words. They don't match up because what you're saying doesn't make sense.

It was the same problem with the dude I ignored and the word maximize. He wanted to play semantics with that word--but ultimately it was his reasoning which was incorrect not his choice of words or the definition I was going by. It's clear what he meant, and that he was overstepping his ability as a human to claim omnipotent knowledge about a plant and any future discoveries which might stem from doing science with it.

Excepting a few things, many of your arguments were flimsily supported--but a few of your points were well received, a reason why I enjoyed the discourse with you--I perhaps learned a few things and certainly thought in new ways about things. However, much of the main substance of your argument which was well supported was not in direct opposition to my claim. While true, things like this aren't relevant. The question still remains--how perfect is your knowledge of the plant? So perfect to rule out the possibility of any benefit to be gained by science? Answering this question yes is the only way to win the central argument here--and that's why it's such a kerfuffle, you know you can't answer this way--but you also want to wriggle a win out somehow.

The problem you're facing is that it's impossible to make a perfectly sound argument against something like that. You're actually a damn good debater, if I do say so--because you managed to actually make a solid attempt at doing this. However, when something just isn't so--and the substance isn't there to back your claim--you'll find it's impossible to win a debate against an informed foe irrespective of the wording you choose.

There are no words to refute the possibility of a benefit gained by doing some science. This has long been the strength of science. In a way it is one of the few things which is its own justification. The only socially acceptable way to refute such a claim is with science--because this is the only standardized fashion in which we can make arguments which are considered "irrefutable". No matter what you say about the world, everyone isn't going to be convinced until two people agree on something: the preacher and the scientist.

When those two agree, shit gets down. Otherwise, there's always someone left out--someone waiting for an answer that they believe. Because of this, I'm well within the realm of sanity to claim that until you do some science, you won't know if it can or can't help. Like I said earlier, it's kinduv a dick move--but that's one of the perks of being a scientist. I can always ask a question that no one has answered yet. It's how we get money--we convince people that the answers they find might surprise them, and we do that by surprising them over and over and over again with what we find. Science has an excellent track record in this respect.

Science is, as much as any other methodology, a system to study the world which is not perfect. This is why science isn't the only way--but it is a different way, and it's a way to do things in a standardized way that has given our species nearly all of it's greatest abilities. Single-handedly, this one simple standard process has changed the face of the globe.

What you've found is a person who isn't looking for a well worded argument, but rather a well centered and substantive one. Some of the least learned people in my life have put me in my place in arguments more often than I care to count--this is likely due to their perspective being better at viewing certain issues. It's the same argument I'm having here.

For you to "win" the argument, you'd essentially have to prove that there is no reason to look at any cannabis research through a scientific lens and perspective. It has nothing to do with the words broseph. I get what you're saying--a lot of it is right--but the central claim is at worst wrong, and at best something you can't prove right now. Whereas I have hundreds of years of results and millions of examples to suggest that doing science might turn up some surprises.

Squiggly,

How do you find the time to write your posts?

Sincerely,

Cap

squiggly

squiggly

And with such immaculate grammar!

outwest

Mom was a grammar Nazi, her mom was too (she was an English teacher). Just kinda rubbed off.

When I speak it's actually pretty ebonic-ish if I'm near my hometown friends :) Gotta turn that shit off when I go to school tho.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I type incredibly quickly and I have the gift of gab--the words just pour out, man.

It's a blessing and a curse.

Ain't that the damn truth!

Mom was a grammar Nazi, her mom was too (she was an English teacher). Just kinda rubbed off.

When I speak it's actually pretty ebonic-ish if I'm near my hometown friends :) Gotta turn that shit off when I go to school tho.

AHA! We share the same incurable disease, brother Squig- BOTH of my folks majored, mastered and taught english at the local State U. When I was a kid, they'd toss me freshman term papers and ask me to grade them! Man, some of those kids couldn't write worth a damn... and I knew it in 6th grade.

So he walks the academic walk but talks like a gangsta- AND he knows how to blow shit up. Very nice....

ttystikk

ttystikk

Squiggly,

How do you find the time to write your posts?

Sincerely,

Cap

His writing ability is about like your growing ability; it just seems to come naturally, but in reality it's the result of a tortured childhood... j/k bro, I wouldn't worry about your skills- just because you think he writes better than you do (he writes MORE, not necessarily always BETTER:p ) does not mean you don't bring serious talent to the game. Much respect for yours, his and everyone's abilities on the Farm here! :cool:

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Bulbs have a maximum light output, plants have a maximum absorbtion rate of light for photosynthesis. When growing cannabis there is a way to maximize yield within the given set of parameters of the persons growroom.

1. Having or being the greatest quantity or the highest degree that has been or can be attained.

That is a definition of the word "maximum". Notice how it says "that has been or can be attained". So if a person using a specific bulb with a specific # of plants in a given space then they can maximize there yield with what they have to grow. So once they hit a point where the bulb will not put out any extra light and they cannot fit anymore plants in there space and they grew the most bud within those limits then they have attained the maximum. That is how I can maximize yields. Now the light only emitts so much energy, and some of it is absorbed through the plant, so that is a part of how a person can maximize yield, by giving a plant all the light it needs plus the water, nutes and so on. Now with water and nutrients, I will explain how I can also give my plant the maximum it needs. With nutes if you give too much it burns the leaves, too little and the plant shows deficiencies and/or slowed growth. Water is much easier, you basically drown the roots with too much water, trust me I've done it before. With all that said I hope you finally realize it's not as hard as you think to maximize your yield, I understand tty and squigg looked out for eachother and no matter what I said neither one could believe me (maybe its because I don't have a college degree) so those two would refuse to use common sense and/or good judgement and constantly critisize my posts and education level (with no merit whatsoever) and I honestly believe squigg (not tyystikk) misread or misunderstood my use of the word "maximize" because he was following what tyystikk was saying and thats why me and sqigg had that argument. Instead of backing up your friend because you both have something in common, why don't ya'll back up the facts. One HUGE fact is that I did not invent the phrase "maximize yield" and people have been saying it for years. Just because you both wanted to start an argument with me that does not mean you have the right to accuse me of NOT KNOWING how to maximize my yield, yet thousands of people have used that phrase before me and neither one of ya'll ever said anything to them. If I comb through the threads I bet I will find tyystick using the same phrase "maximize yield" that he so stongly thought was impossible. So next time you wanna start an argument that you can't finish find a subject that you know more about.

squiggly

squiggly

Agreed on all counts ttystikk.

One of my favorite things about myself is that I feel I do a good job of realizing what my weaknesses are. When it comes to conversation and debate one of my biggest problems is that my brain is overactive, before I ever say or type something I tend to come at whatever point it is I'm trying to make from several perspectives. My brain is always always doing this, and as much as that can be a strength--sometimes when you can't slow your brain down about what it is you want to say, you end up letting something important that's been said to you fall through the cracks.

I also tend to circle issues and never get to a goddamn point for a million years, this is another representation of my knack and habit of thinking about things from multiple perspectives. The truth is that for the most part, I know full well when I'm going to piss someone off--and to what degree. I'm fairly good at reading people, identifying their intentions, etc--this works a bazillion times better in person, but I've found I'm pretty fuckin' good at it on the internet as well in certain situations.

Usually when what I'm saying is pissing someone off, it's because I think they're an idiot--and it was my intention to say something intelligent that would push their buttons and make them make a big foolish scene about it.

In short, I'm a prick.

I know and accept those things, and I do my best to combat them down to appreciable levels for everyone--this is something which is actually much easier on the internet than in person. I have something akin to mild Aspergers (hasn't ever really been nailed down--I'm a social bee and get along with everyone, but the way I go about things and the way I take in and store information is markedly different from most people) and so I come across strangely at times in person--people often think I'm not listening to them when I couldn't be more captivated by what they're saying, shit like that.

The reason I always have something to say is that I have a near photographic memory, and even beyond that patterns and things like that jump out at me big time without my having to really ever look for them.

I realize I can come across as a pompous asshole at times, but I really believe that this is actually a case of everyone having become intellectually lazy in the world today. Debate like this would've been commonplace not even a century ago. These days people just wanna rest on their laurels and never work out the old brain muscle. I can't do that, I have a compulsion to spit the things out which my brain is whirling around.

The best way I can describe how I feel about it is this:

550361_401041743242316_212714962074996_1486182_156670302_n.jpg

I feel like everyone needs to put their fucking man pants on and learn how to have a goddamn debate--not I need to calm down and quit trying to be so smart all the damn time. Another way to say that is, "I prefer to be stupid and don't like when you get all smarty pants with me."

I'd be a dick if I thought I was smarter than the rest of you, but I don't think that--I think that a huge amount of you are lazy as fuck intellectually, but not for lack of aptitude for complex thinking. Doing this kind of stuff, and doing it well, takes a good amount of introspection
--and I think that's the main problem. People are afraid of what they'll see in the mirror if they really ask themselves if they're living up to their full potential, or even if they're making a respectable go of it. Did you care about making a good argument? About your argument at all?

Or are you just bullshitting on the internet?

Everyone wants to win a debate, but no one wants to put the necessary work in--to understand what a solid argument is, how to make one, or even to research the topic they're speaking about carefully. They just wanna make random fuckin' statements with flimsy, mostly opinion based, support.

It's a farse and it's what's sinking our country. Either way, Aristotle is fucking getting jiggy with it in his grave, that's for sure.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Always avoiding the topic at hand, then with your smart alec wit you put people down, people that weren't spoiled as children, so they know how to humble themselves when a mistake is made. You on the other hand can never admit a mistake, you are always right, I can read people very good, and I can tell just by the way you talk that you were spoiled your entire life. The truth was shown and you refuse to acknowledge the fact that you misread and/or misunderstood what I meant, so you change the subject, never apologetic even when you made a mistake. Thats whats wrong with America, people think they are better than everyone else because of there education level or how much money they or there parents have.

squiggly

squiggly

I love that green bar that says

"you are ignoring content from this user"

It's like a reminder of the bullshit I'm not having to deal with. Love it. Someone tell that dude to fuck off if he's referencing me--I don't know if he can see my posts or not anymore :)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Agreed on all counts ttystikk.

One of my favorite things about myself is that I feel I do a good job of realizing what my weaknesses are. When it comes to conversation and debate one of my biggest problems is that my brain is overactive, before I ever say or type something I tend to come at whatever point it is I'm trying to make from several perspectives. My brain is always always doing this, and as much as that can be a strength--sometimes when you can't slow your brain down about what it is you want to say, you end up letting something important that's been said to you fall through the cracks.

I also tend to circle issues and never get to a goddamn point for a million years, this is another representation of my knack and habit of thinking about things from multiple perspectives. The truth is that for the most part, I know full well when I'm going to piss someone off--and to what degree. I'm fairly good at reading people, identifying their intentions, etc--this works a bazillion times better in person, but I've found I'm pretty fuckin' good at it on the internet as well in certain situations.

Usually when what I'm saying is pissing someone off, it's because I think they're an idiot--and it was my intention to say something intelligent that would push their buttons and make them make a big foolish scene about it.

In short, I'm a prick.

I know and accept those things, and I do my best to combat them down to appreciable levels for everyone--this is something which is actually much easier on the internet than in person. I have something akin to mild Aspergers (hasn't ever really been nailed down--I'm a social bee and get along with everyone, but the way I go about things and the way I take in and store information is markedly different from most people) and so I come across strangely at times in person--people often think I'm not listening to them when I couldn't be more captivated by what they're saying, shit like that.

The reason I always have something to say is that I have a near photographic memory, and even beyond that patterns and things like that jump out at me big time without my having to really ever look for them.

I realize I can come across as a pompous asshole at times, but I really believe that this is actually a case of everyone having become intellectually lazy in the world today. Debate like this would've been commonplace not even a century ago. These days people just wanna rest on their laurels and never work out the old brain muscle. I can't do that, I have a compulsion to spit the things out which my brain is whirling around.

The best way I can describe how I feel about it is this:

550361_401041743242316_212714962074996_1486182_156670302_n.jpg

I feel like everyone needs to put their fucking man pants on and learn how to have a goddamn debate--not I need to calm down and quit trying to be so smart all the damn time. Another way to say that is, "I prefer to be stupid and don't like when you get all smarty pants with me."

I'd be a dick if I thought I was smarter than the rest of you, but I don't think that--I think that a huge amount of you are lazy as fuck intellectually, but not for lack of aptitude for complex thinking. Doing this kind of stuff, and doing it well, takes a good amount of introspection
--and I think that's the main problem. People are afraid of what they'll see in the mirror if they really ask themselves if they're living up to their full potential, or even if they're making a respectable go of it. Did you care about making a good argument? About your argument at all?

Or are you just bullshitting on the internet?

Everyone wants to win a debate, but no one wants to put the necessary work in--to understand what a solid argument is, how to make one, or even to research the topic they're speaking about carefully. They just wanna make random fuckin' statements with flimsy, mostly opinion based, support.

It's a farse and it's what's sinking our country. Either way, Aristotle is fucking getting jiggy with it in his grave, that's for sure.

Personally, I enjoy speaking from experience. I consider myself a fairly good debater, but there are many debates not worth engaging in. Debating just for the sake of it is a waste of time in my opinion, no matter how fast you can type or think.

Squiggly, saying you are a prick and moments later saying you get along with everybody is contradictory. Only pricks like to associate with pricks. Perhaps you are being too hard on yourself, or people are just pretending to get along with you... Either way I enjoy your banter, and you do make some good points in between said banter.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
in a way you guys are both right so lets keep it peaceful in here. main reason why i joined another community..that and avg yields LoL

The creator of this thread says ^^^^

that's fucked up.

squiggly

squiggly

Personally, I enjoy speaking from experience. I consider myself a fairly good debater, but there are many debates not worth engaging in. Debating just for the sake of it is a waste of time in my opinion, no matter how fast you can type or think.

Squiggly, saying you are a prick and moments later saying you get along with everybody is contradictory. Only pricks like to associate with pricks. Perhaps you are being too hard on yourself, or people are just pretending to get along with you... Either way I enjoy your banter, and you do make some good points in between said banter.

I meant that I'm a prick in terms of how I choose to deal with people whom I don't like. I don't pull intellectual punches when someone goes from being ill informed to an asshole. As for getting along with everyone--I tend to be a very laid back person. I'm generous, caring, dependable, and any number of other good qualities. My friends accept that I talk a shitload--and that I like to play devil's advocate, that's my "quirk".

They all have their own quirks--one of em always has some girlfriend who is a super duper bitch and he brings her around all the time and ruins all the fun. Another one always wants to go to the god damn city for some reason, and Chicago is perhaps the most expensive place to drink ever--he also firmly believe he will pull some bitches wherever he goes, and he usually only ever succeeds in embarrassing the hell out of us.

Another of my friends is always getting in fights--I don't think it's his fault really, he kind of has a face that just looks like he's an asshole and wants to start some shit. Gets him, and us, into trouble.

Point being, nobody's perfect. What I sometimes lack in tact, I make up for by giving a huge shit about anyone who treats me with respect (even a republican!). I've had a rough life, had to earn everything I got--and growing up under those circumstances led me to realize that the monetary and material things are not what's most important. It's your friends, your family, and (for me at least) your mind.

I agree that debate for its own sake is dumb--and to be truthful I should've stopped arguing the point with ignoreface like 7 pages before I did, it was clear he was in over his head and didn't want to give up. I kinda just dug in there, though. I definitely need to get better at choosing my battles, but sometimes I feel like I'm always having to find a reason to hold my tongue.

People say stupid shit at literally all hours of the day. Literally the though playing in my head is:

(with a south side Chicago accent)

"What, I'm just gonna fuckin sit here and listen to this shit?"

It doesn't hurt nor bother me to prove people wrong if they fuckin' insist on it. It's effortless and for me it's a way to work out my brain. What I need to get better at realizing, though, is when the people who are opposing me aren't using theirs. Working out my brain against a husk ends up just being me going on and on and on and repeating myself all day--as I go back and look at my replies to ignoreface like 8 of them are the exact same thing. When a "debate" reaches that point it is definitely useless.

I'mma try to do better at recognizing those instances--except for probably where it regards politics. Because I realllllly don't wan't my great great grandkids to be living in some juedeo-christian excuse for a pseudo-utopia.

Top Bottom