Using UV light to break down THC to CBN

• Thread starter LittleDabbie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
way2green

way2green

I hear that. Anytime I mention I couldn't sleep some asshole always chimes in and tells me how much they couldve changed the world if they were able to sleep less

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Quoted::
. the point is to take Reclaim/fan leaf oil/ect pretty much junk that most people will toss and turn that into my insomnia meds...

Well I feel Silly Billy
I do inhale and hold it too long Sometimes
here I am going on and on about growing the plant and lights and you
have the plant part sorted out ....
You are usin the left over cuttings and fan leaves
Sorry for the dork move...

I have known friends who make oils and such
They have always deep freezer the cuttings and fan leaves for a few days
then into a blender to make the paste then
added Ever-clear to the mix place in a crock pot and seep not Boil....
strain then let Ever-clear evaporate and use that to aid in all kinds of stuff
looked like roofing tar IMO

sounding ignorant..
FlyJ

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
lol no worries i never really explained what i was intending with the original post so it was my bad :D

Ive done everclear extractions before but just mixed the results in with the bottle of everything else..

Since i keep adding to the bottle its an uphill battle to keep decarbing so the UV light idea was born.. random thoughts at 3am for ya :D

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

3AM lol I know right

I believe its past my Bedtime
the problems I have sometimes All-The-Time keeps me up to long more times than I want fersure......

Goodnight +Vibes LILD.
Fly J

psilobuds

psilobuds

fuk mate, thats sum intense insomnia! it kills me when i cant sleep well on a single nite. cant imagine how bad it would b heaps in a row.

R

rascali

If it's just sleep you're looking for, i would highly recommend de-carb'd bho coconut oil caps. The sleep of angels and no hangover.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
If it's just sleep you're looking for, i would highly recommend de-carb'd bho coconut oil caps. The sleep of angels and no hangover.

Oh you mean something like this?
GEDC0001
GEDC0004

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Dabbie do you or have you ever turned gold bud oil into decarbed edible oil? It's amazing, and a few drops is great . I think Even at low % it averages to 25 mg per drop. And if you have a 1/1 strain it's great. I believe this is what green dot does to achieve 95+% (I think even 99%) active mixed with high fat ie coconut oil. I use coconut and decarbed in my holy announting tincs and know they are damn good

salmon

salmon

CBN's use as a treatment for insomnia is largely anecdotal. Do you find it effective Little Dabbie?

~S

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
How many of those do you take for a good night's sleep LD?

Takes about 3 capsules or about 3cc worth to really impact my tollerance..

CBN's use as a treatment for insomnia is largely anecdotal. Do you find it effective Little Dabbie?

~S

Actually yes when i take it about 4 hours before i wanna go to bed and take my usual sleep meds with it i'll be in bed for 8-12 hours w/ a killer i wanna go back to bed type hangover still sleepy the next day.. They do last a while and take a while to kick in so i don't use it all that often.

But yeah it works just really sleepy the next day and usually spend 1/2 the next day in bed lol

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
3cc amount is insane Dabbie!!! Thats massive amount... Like 25 drops I'd imagine. Or... Like bam 750 Mgs to the dome

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Yeah its a wee bit hehe im sure i could get away with less but... go big or go home so they say :D

Plasma

Plasma

That's the very reason I never take sleeping meds! I'm a morning person. Anything that turns me into a morning zombie instead I avoid like the plague.

T

THCloud

Signed up just to post on this old thread (not that I wont hang out). My apologies if resurrecting old threads is frowned upon...

Google brought me here, I am actually contemplating taking some of a harvest and hitting it with uv, open air and some heat to break down thc into cbn. Then throwing a couple fan leaves in the jar for a couple days to add moisture so I dont have dust. My insomnia is out of control. The only thing I have found that keeps me asleep for more than 3 hours is a ton of alcohol (not a drinker), or benzo's (ive kicked opiates before, ill pass on benzos)

Has anyone done this with actual flowers? how long did you hit them with uv light? I also plan on running the girls as long as possible without ending up with bananas or bud rot. In the past few years I have found alot of the cannabinoids other than thc are more beneficial to me, especially at night.

K

Kushmaster

Do not use UV light! I have had some tests show it can raise the THC in some cases, and I have lab reports to show it. I would use heat, depending on how quick you want to break it down with/without destroying the terpenes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom