veg+bloom, 1 part powder in socal tap

• Thread starter ill eagle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QLTYlab

QLTYlab

Ahhh so technically you are only adding around 1.2ec of vegbloom. Should I just add 1.2 vb to my ro since it starts at 0 or should I bring it up higher?

imo I would start with the 1.2 and go up from there. they will tell you pretty quick if they like it or need more. much easier to increase than back off, flushing out a strong batch sucks and just adds time to the cycle.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

imo I would start with the 1.2 and go up from there. they will tell you pretty quick if they like it or need more. much easier to increase than back off, flushing out a strong batch sucks and just adds time to the cycle.
Good looks I'll keep y'all updated with pictures shortly

O

organiclover

i'm running RO ...... the old leaves will not darken up - once the damage is done just focus on the new growth for signs of health

urban1026835

urban1026835

sweet, look what just arrived. Big thanks to chris over there at V&B
IMG 20140920 105523

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

First picture of gg4 is grown in fwok. They are stretching a lot harder in the fwok. In coco they are stayin nice and short and stocky. Does it look like I can feed my coco ones a little more? They are kind of a lighter green with some if the bigger fan leaves twising a bit. All being fed 1.0ec

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Looks like the coco is responding to that powder much better!
I know I am kind of disgusted with the structure of my plants in the fwok. This could be because I am running my veg room in 18/6 too. I changed my lights to 20/4. But I think I am going to transplant those 1/2gals into 3 gal of coco.

O

organiclover

DH - i would bump the feeding up
under floros I am at 1.4 minimum in RO water
under HPS I am between 1.6-2.0 in FWOK and things are looking great

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

DH - i would bump the feeding up
under floros I am at 1.4 minimum in RO water
under HPS I am between 1.6-2.0 in FWOK and things are looking great
Yeah they are under t5's right now for probably about two more weeks until I can open up my MH veg light. I will have to do a couple test feeds on some plants to see which respond better at different EC's. I took a peak at some of the roots in the FWOK and they are subpar at best. Very small and not very thick. I just brewed up some "Heisenberg Tea" and fed it to all my plants. Hopefully the roots kick into high gear.

O

organiclover

make sure to let the FWOK dry out properly between feedings - it is supposed to dry so that it weighs half of when fully saturated before watering again. I am running pots that are too big this time around and sometimes I have to go one day on one day off but with properly sized pots you should water everyday. I also try to go two to three feedings at a new EC before I make a judgement - that is unless you hit them with exactly what they want and the girls start praying to the light ..... then you know you are where you want to be. that is usually at least 1.7 for most strains I am running at 50 watts/ ft2

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

AAAHHHHH Yeah man thats my issue I think. I went from clone to 1/2 gal pots and they sit there for a day or two without losing much weight. According to you I have been watering em too much then. I have been watering em every other day regardless if they lose 1/2 their weight. New to rockwool. Makes sense though. I am going to start letting them dry out more. Probably going to see much more improvement...

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

make sure to let the FWOK dry out properly between feedings - it is supposed to dry so that it weighs half of when fully saturated before watering again. I am running pots that are too big this time around and sometimes I have to go one day on one day off but with properly sized pots you should water everyday. I also try to go two to three feedings at a new EC before I make a judgement - that is unless you hit them with exactly what they want and the girls start praying to the light ..... then you know you are where you want to be. that is usually at least 1.7 for most strains I am running at 50 watts/ ft2
Now my next question is do you want to let the FWOK dry out about 1/2 its weight in flower too? Or should I try and keep it saturated?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Now my next question is do you want to let the FWOK dry out about 1/2 its weight in flower too? Or should I try and keep it saturated?
It's a rockwool base right? You need to let Rockwool dry out in between waterings..

O

organiclover

yeah my understanding is let it dry out half total weight in between waterings - for you initial weight you want to factor in the pot and dry FWOK to get a base then saturate and let drain 15 minutes to establish saturated weight ..... this is standard for rockwool

I am new to wool but you can read this for reference

SEARCH - cannatalk issue 3.pdf for a good reading on watering timing and frequency

Last edited:
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

First one is day 25 of this purple strain that smells like straight fruit. A buddy gave me a cut and he cant remember the name of it. Got two tables full of it. The buds are deep purple. Could be GDP. 2nd is the same strain in the middle of week 6. It is a sativa dominantstrain. Took my buddy about 9-10 weeks for them to finish. All getting V+B.

Purple 25 days
Purple 45 days

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Just got my package (5lbs V+B Soft) and he threw in samples of the +Size and +Life, really cool of him.

Only major concern I have after looking over the material and information on +Life was his use of Trichoderma. Always thought Trichoderma would out-compete the other species and essentially all you're paying for from products like this is Trichoderma.

Any insight?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

I was only using the dirty and +size early on and was getting a phantom deficency i couldnt figure out,when i added the +life it went right away,have not taken the time to figure out whats in it but it worked for me.

Top Bottom