Viparspectra spectra 900w reflector series?

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dan789

Dan789

Not saying reduced yield, saying that your grams/watt will be less then with a HPS alone.

Here is a thread of mine where I ran HPS 600 with Vipar R900, as you can read, I had quite a bit of troubles,

Here is my latest thread running quantum boards, couldn't be happier:

Here's an example of what you can achieve with Quantum Boards, you will never achieve anything like this with Viparspectra.

So save your money, (quite literally sidnce QB:s are cheaper) and get a quantum board! Cancel your order.
View attachment 884165View attachment 884166View attachment 884167
Frosty AF, good job.

FatManatee

FatManatee

Took your advice, @FatManatee ...big thankya!
Awesome! You won't be disappointed :)

To get the best out of these lamps, you should get a PAR meter, and setup the lights so that plants are not getting more then a 1000PPF. Par meters can be expensive, a cheap LUX meter will do the job as well, for the 3000K model the conversion rate is ~ 70, for the 4000k version it's ~71, meaning that plants shouldn't be getting more then 70000-71000lux depending on the model you got.

FatManatee

FatManatee

3000K isn't the ideal color temperature to use for vegging, but plenty of people do veg with it. You'd just hang it higher than you would for flowering. When I get my QB, I'm thinking 4000K, with red, UV and IR diodes added. Seems like that should be a good start-to-finish setup.

I run 3000K through veg and flowering, best yields have been 1,56g/w. The cooler 4000k could make the node spacing shorter for sure, but I don't see it would drastically improve the yield from my results. 3000k model is definitely the one to get if you want to go from seed to the end, but both are great.

Fangthane

Fangthane

3000k model is definitely the one to get if you want to go from seed to the end, but both are great.
I've read posts from numerous, ostensibly credible growers who've come to the conclusion that a bit more blue in flower yielded more frosty nugs for them. What I like about the knock-offs is the ability to customize a bit before ordering. I can get a 4000K base, with additional spectra to facilitate flowering. If there's ANY increase in yield/quality from adding a bit of blue, it's all a plus. I suspect either/or will grow some fine bud, so I doubt one could really go wrong with either choice.

FatManatee

FatManatee

I've read posts from numerous, ostensibly credible growers who've come to the conclusion that a bit more blue in flower yielded more frosty nugs for them. What I like about the knock-offs is the ability to customize a bit before ordering. I can get a 4000K base, with additional spectra to facilitate flowering. If there's ANY increase in yield/quality from adding a bit of blue, it's all a plus. I suspect either/or will grow some fine bud, so I doubt one could really go wrong with either choice.
I can confirm this is absolutely true based on my studies. However too much blue can interfere with hormone production and reduce yields, as well as THC content (frostiness) of the buds. So it's better to dial in a 3000K lamp first, before adding blue or UV's to the mix.

What I think is more important to supplement is far-red. Infrared frequencies in 730nm's increases the production of different flowering hormones, telling the plant to focus on bud and resin production. Plants should be supplemented with IR since the 1st week of flowering, then in the last 3 weeks of flowering you can add some UV to increase frosting. I think a far-red booster is what everyone should get, they cost only. You can get a far-red booster for 40 bucks on Amazon, one is enough for a 3x3 tent, maybe a couple for a 4x4 and 5x5 tents.

https://www.amazon.com/Far-Red-LED-...s=far+red+led&qid=1564820506&s=gateway&sr=8-2

However as I stated in my previous reply, it's not necessary to have UV for frosty buds, the most important factor is genetics. Although with UV you can make plants that normally wouldn't give out good resin production shine like the ones that have great potency through genetics.

Either way, a 3000K/4000K lamps will both give out great results just on their own, with 3000K giving out a bit more yield.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I have a 600w viperspectra reflector, heavy and cumbersome at over 10lbs, hard to move around and does throw heat, that said it is a good veg light realy, I run both cycles but never tried to flower as this light is lacking in red, for flowering I use a solar storm bloom booster, never even tried to flower a plant with my light just veg.

FatManatee

FatManatee

I have a 600w viperspectra reflector, heavy and cumbersome at over 10lbs, hard to move around and does throw heat, that said it is a good veg light realy, I run both cycles but never tried to flower as this light is lacking in red, for flowering I use a solar storm bloom booster, never even tried to flower a plant with my light just veg.
Man you really need to go to the gym and eat some proper food if 5 kilo's is heavy for you :D

TerriR

TerriR

so...I have this very cheapo grow light that I use as a seedling starter...just noticed that it is almost completely red lights. Is this a possible flower booster? TIA

E6131DC8 D1AC 44AB A9E0 C65D3375171B
300335FA FA0C 4172 81AC D2F5D11EBCB1
FatManatee

FatManatee

so...I have this very cheapo grow light that I use as a seedling starter...just noticed that it is almost completely red lights. Is this a possible flower booster? TIA
Looks very cheap, so it's prolly not gonna give you much boost in yield. But all lights are beneficial, sure hang it in with the quantum boards. If you run into temperature problems, I recommend removing it though.

It most likely doesn't have far-red spectrum in it, so it's not gonna increase the flowering hormones as mentioned earlier.

TerriR

TerriR

Looks very cheap, so it's prolly not gonna give you much boost in yield. But all lights are beneficial, sure hang it in with the quantum boards. If you run into temperature problems, I recommend removing it though.

It most likely doesn't have far-red spectrum in it, so it's not gonna increase the flowering hormones though.
thanks...so I will look around for something that does the job right!

FatManatee

FatManatee

thanks...so I will look around for something that does the job right!
You are very fine with the HLG lamps on their own, try running a full grow with them, and think about updating your lights after your first grow, if you feel like you need it.

You can expect 1.5-2 grams per watt, with the quantum boards.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Like I said we do the best we can, and no 10lbs is not heavy, but my booster weighs 2lbs, as I said a 600w viperspectra is a good veg light, but I never tried to flower a plant with it. And I only grow autoflowers due to circumstances. But I think most of my plants are ok,

20190802 195018
20181006 185526
20180501 142846
BloodShot

BloodShot

3000K isn't the ideal color temperature to use for vegging, but plenty of people do veg with it. You'd just hang it higher than you would for flowering. When I get my QB, I'm thinking 4000K, with red, UV and IR diodes added. Seems like that should be a good start-to-finish setup.
I can't believe the amount of veg I got out of my 3000K full spectrum Samsung LM301B qb's.

11Hick11

11Hick11

Here is 3000k used all the way. Just turned it down a notch at veg (dimmable). Added 2 ViparSpectras 450s and they did not like it, it was too much light and the vipars added about 12 deg. bringing it to 85+. With just the HGL im at 77/78 ish and thats with the driver inside the tent. Last pic you can see the turn down, thought it was overwater, thought N toxic, when i turned the vipars off they bounced back.
20190804 140625
20190804 140607
20190731 105102

Top Bottom