Viparspectra spectra 900w reflector series?

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
11Hick11

11Hick11

how high did u have ur light above plant? And u run both switches on or just bloom cause I have canoeing but not sure so figured I'd ask I have same light
Veg 24" , Flower 18-20". Bloom light on for 1.5 weeks after flip (so not to stress them more), then both switches on in flower.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Guess wont know till you try it lol but some true logic gotta be something to pack on weight people are getting decent yeilds maybe not be the best of the best for the price I sure ain't complaining tho I haven't harvested yet just looking and researching

H

hawkman

what about the VispsectraPAR 700 watt LED with dimminable full spectrum (blue. red. white) $299.99 like that one can adjust each spectrum

11Hick11

11Hick11

Guess wont know till you try it lol but some true logic gotta be something to pack on weight people are getting decent yeilds maybe not be the best of the best for the price I sure ain't complaining tho I haven't harvested yet just looking and researching
what about the VispsectraPAR 700 watt LED with dimminable full spectrum (blue. red. white) $299.99 like that one can adjust each spectrum
Stop looking at those. Yes they can grow good stuff but the difference between this and HGL just in veg and the reaction the plant gives is incredible. I personally havent flowered all the way yet but just do a search and you will see. For about the same price you can get the HGL. I would wait to get it!

H

hawkman

Stop looking at those. Yes they can grow good stuff but the difference between this and HGL just in veg and the reaction the plant gives is incredible. I personally havent flowered all the way yet but just do a search and you will see. For about the !!!e price you can get the HGL. I would wait to get it!

Thanks !!! going to cross vispectura's OFF my list Have heard that the white spectrum is very bright have heard of HGL before , going to take a serious look at them now

TerriR

TerriR

LED Grow light depot has some calculations on their website. Based on the charts, I should have 500-650 watts for a 4 x 4. Is that right? So my 2 100 watt qb are not half enough?

FatManatee

FatManatee

LED Grow light depot has some calculations on their website. Based on the charts, I should have 500-650 watts for a 4 x 4. Is that right? So my 2 100 watt qb are not half enough?

If you want to max out yields, you need 1000PPF of light power hitting all areas of the canopy. In a 4x4 tent this will require around 1000 watts of quantum board lighting spread evenly around, or 1500-2000w of CMH/HPS /Blue-Red LED's

Your 2 quantum boards will produce 200 watts of power, which is equivalent to a 400 watt HPS. They will produce plenty of yield, up to 400 grams in your 4x4 tent. With that Viparspectra R900 (actual power draw 430w) my best yield was 320 grams (0,75g/w) using it solo in a 4x4 tent.

You can always get more lights and improve your yield, the real question is; is the investment worth it for you for the increased yield? Your 2x100w Quantum Boards will do more then fine to give you an amazing yield in a 4x4 tent, that is high quality.

Remember that 400 grams of yield for your quantum boards is the upper limit, there is no guarantee you will get there on the 1st try, I would be looking at a 320-350 gram yield for your first 1-2 tries. If you feel this is yield is not enough, you need to get more lamps.

You will however have a healthy garden and canopy full of buds in that 4x4 space with those two quantum boards.

FatManatee

FatManatee

You also have to remember, the higher amount of watts you use, the more your yield per watt is reduced. When there is an abundance of light, the efficiency of plants to turn light into energy is reduced.

Here is a chart of an HPS lamp. For Quantum boards the g/w is around double, cutoff will be around 500-600 watt's when the tent size (1m/2) becomes the limiting factor for yield.

Last edited:
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You guys fight about lights all the time, shure I would luv to get a black dog or a I go or something nice, but I just grow autoflowers, why? It is illegal to cultivate in my state, I don't smoke much, no way to get anything outdoors, you don't have photoperiod plants stinking up my apt for 6 months, most autos smell less but not allways, I had a mh, hps, light 600w this light threw off lots of heat, I got a call from the light co asking why my light bill quadrupled, so yea I bought a 600w viperspectra, a cheap light yes, but a good veg light, my plants do fine, yea it's a hassle moving that truck of a light around, but it does the job, and that's what counts. And I'm happy with the results I have been getting and not 1 of my friends ever said my weed tastes like grass or hay or is swag, we do the best we can with what we have or can afford.

20190806 075114
20190806 075031
20190806 074816
Munch517

Munch517

For anyone that's looking for a grow light in the sub $300 range the Mars sp250 is looking like one of the best options to me. MIGRO's YouTube channel tested it at 1.8 ppfd/watt efficiency compared to around 2-2.2 ppfd/watt for HLG/Fluence/Optic stuff, pretty impressive that something so cheap is getting so close to the top end stuff. For reference HPS and CMH are 1.2-1.3 ppfd/watt and the only Viparspectra I've seen tested (v300) came in at .98 ppfd/watt. For me the Mars light is going to be a veg light but it looks like it should be good enough to decently flower a 2x4 area.

Last edited:
TerriR

TerriR

If you want to max out yields, you need 1000PPF of light power hitting all areas of the canopy. In a 4x4 tent this will require around 1000 watts of quantum board lighting spread evenly around, or 1500-2000w of CMH/HPS /Blue-Red LED's

Your 2 quantum boards will produce 200 watts of power, which is equivalent to a 400 watt HPS. They will produce plenty of yield, up to 400 grams in your 4x4 tent. With that Viparspectra R900 (actual power draw 430w) my best yield was 320 grams (0,75g/w) using it solo in a 4x4 tent.

You can always get more lights and improve your yield, the real question is; is the investment worth it for you for the increased yield? Your 2x100w Quantum Boards will do more then fine to give you an amazing yield in a 4x4 tent, that is high quality.

Remember that 400 grams of yield for your quantum boards is the upper limit, there is no guarantee you will get there on the 1st try, I would be looking at a 320-350 gram yield for your first 1-2 tries. If you feel this is yield is not enough, you need to get more lamps.

You will however have a healthy garden and canopy full of buds in that 4x4 space with those two quantum boards.
thanks for that! I am not looking for tons...just enough for my personal needs. I already give too much to the compost pile once it gets too old. Therefore, I’d say I am definitely done light shopping for now. I was trying to figure out how I’d pay the electricity bill 🥺

TerriR

TerriR

You guys fight about lights all the time, shure I would luv to get a black dog or a I go or something nice, but I just grow autoflowers, why? It is illegal to cultivate in my state, I don't smoke much, no way to get anything outdoors, you don't have photoperiod plants stinking up my apt for 6 months, most autos smell less but not allways, I had a mh, hps, light 600w this light threw off lots of heat, I got a call from the light co asking why my light bill quadrupled, so yea I bought a 600w viperspectra, a cheap light yes, but a good veg light, my plants do fine, yea it's a hassle moving that truck of a light around, but it does the job, and that's what counts. And I'm happy with the results I have been getting and not 1 of my friends ever said my weed tastes like grass or hay or is swag, we do the best we can with what we have or can afford.

no fight here...none...zero...nada

FatManatee

FatManatee

thanks for that! I am not looking for tons...just enough for my personal needs. I already give too much to the compost pile once it gets too old. Therefore, I’d say I am definitely done light shopping for now. I was trying to figure out how I’d pay the electricity bill 🥺
Then you made the right choice, as quantum boards are perfect for the electricity bill. They use half the Wattage of vipars or HPS to produce the same yield ;)

H

hawkman

two 100 watts will work but more light is needed. you are planning on getting more light ? remember always get more than you need

Latest posts

Top Bottom