Viparspectra spectra 900w reflector series?

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you want to max out yields, you need 1000PPF of light power hitting all areas of the canopy. In a 4x4 tent this will require around 1000 watts of quantum board lighting spread evenly around, or 1500-2000w of CMH/HPS /Blue-Red LED's

Your 2 quantum boards will produce 200 watts of power, which is equivalent to a 400 watt HPS. They will produce plenty of yield, up to 400 grams in your 4x4 tent. With that Viparspectra R900 (actual power draw 430w) my best yield was 320 grams (0,75g/w) using it solo in a 4x4 tent.

You can always get more lights and improve your yield, the real question is; is the investment worth it for you for the increased yield? Your 2x100w Quantum Boards will do more then fine to give you an amazing yield in a 4x4 tent, that is high quality.

Remember that 400 grams of yield for your quantum boards is the upper limit, there is no guarantee you will get there on the 1st try, I would be looking at a 320-350 gram yield for your first 1-2 tries. If you feel this is yield is not enough, you need to get more lamps.

You will however have a healthy garden and canopy full of buds in that 4x4 space with those two quantum boards.
I run an hlg 600 in a 4x4 and it's more light than I need. I also run co2. The fixture puts out close to 1500ppfd and out performs a de1000w in term of numbers. 500w of quantum boards is absolutely enough for a 4x4 and anything more you would need CO2 to see benefits.

Grams per watt should never be used.

You cannot compare the viperspectra to quantum boards 1to1 it's just not accurate. Watt to watt quantum boards shit on them.

Both will grow good bud.

FatManatee

FatManatee

I run an hlg 600 in a 4x4 and it's more light than I need. I also run co2. The fixture puts out close to 1500ppfd and out performs a de1000w in term of numbers. 500w of quantum boards is absolutely enough for a 4x4 and anything more you would need CO2 to see benefits.

Grams per watt should never be used.

You cannot the viperspectra to quantum boards 1to1 it's just not accurate. Watt to watt quantum boards shit on them.

Both will grow good bud.

Yeah 1500ppfd in the middle of the tent, at what 18-24 inches? Measure the edges of your 4x4 space with a PAR meter, you will have 400-600ppf?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah 1500ppfd in the middle of the tent, at what 18-24 inches? Measure the edges of your 4x4 space with a PAR meter, you will have 400-600ppf?
Not sure what your getting at? It has more even coverage than the viperspectra and this is true of almost any light

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Par chart for viperspectra 900.
Par chart for hlg 600.

At 48" the hlg 600 and the viperspectra twice as close at 24" the hlg blows the viperspectra out of the water I mean it's not even close.

Such a huge difference it's not even comparable at 24" it's 3x the amount of light min. And about 6x on the outer edges

Last edited:
H

hawkman

Par chart for viperspectra 900.
Par chart for hlg 600.

At 48" the hlg 600 and the viperspectra twice as close at 24" the hlg blows the viperspectra out of the water I mean it's not even close.

Such a huge difference it's not even comparable at 24" it's 3x the amount of light min. And about 6x on the outer edges
sure seems easy to build

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

sure seems easy to build
Extremely easy. It's a bit pricy in comparison but you can see the difference. This where I got mine. It was the cheapest place I could fine and they will assemble and test for a small fee I think like $70. I built mine as it was just so simple I couldn't justify the cost.

There are cheaper Chinese ones that use the same components but you would have to ask others about it. I prefer to pay the extra.

You can put the driver outside the tent to reduce the heat footprint a bit more.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Viparspectra in my opinion is like wv if you comper it to Ferrari. It's cheap and it gets the jobe done. I have 4x 600w drawing about 1100w from the wall.

If you are buying Viparspectra just keep in mind that 2x 450 is better then 1x900
Do your math. LED are kinda focused so is better to have more small lights that one big
When comparing efficiency and output. A watt is not a watt. The efficiency determines output for each watt and in comparison you get more light with less wattage and less heat when using qb's. Just general info not pointed at you.

I agree 2 smaller fixtures is better for light spread.

Munch517

Munch517

When comparing efficiency and output. A watt is not a watt. The efficiency determines output for each watt and in comparison you get more light with less wattage and less heat when using qb's. Just general info not pointed at you.

I agree 2 smaller fixtures is better for light spread.

This

I almost feel like making it my mission on here to keep people from buying these cheap, inefficient and outdated lights. As others have said the diy HLG boards are probably the most efficient budget option out there, I'd only add that Mars Hydro's new chip on board lights (sp250, tsw 1000/2000) are also a decent alternative if you want something a little cheaper and fully assembled. It's also worth noting that some of the more expensive commercial quality grow lights actually are worth the money, I can personally vouch for Fluence being great but they aren't alone.

Check out these rankings of lights by efficiency( one from 2018 and an updated list from mid 2019)

BudFox

BudFox

I had the 900w for my first 2 crops. was very happy with the results. just installed the hlg-6oo v2 r spec. Looking forward to see the benefits of the upgrade

BamaBushes32

BamaBushes32

I’m using Vipaspectra 600 and I absolutely love it. I also run my mars Hydro 300 during flower with it. Fat Colas already 30 days in flower

20BBD732 F7DB 4C41 9FB5 5C226FAC1C70
5805856E DCDD 4685 9EA8 CB0B2B629006
Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Viparspectra in my opinion is like wv if you comper it to Ferrari. It's cheap and it gets the jobe done. I have 4x 600w drawing about 1100w from the wall.

If you are buying Viparspectra just keep in mind that 2x 450 is better then 1x900
Do your math. LED are kinda focused so is better to have more small lights that one big
Have your fire extinguisher ready too! LOL

H

hawkman

I buy a lot of Glass from there and Have NEVER been on there forums
Sorry to hear that -- Hey! now that you will be looking to up-grade - look at Led Quantum Boards; was going to purchase VisprecturaPar700 - but no way after really looking into QB's - look at Budget Led's can give you much info on - if you want and all so a person to talk with --- let me know, got enlighten about led's

BudFox

BudFox

forgot about my grow diary, I didnt Start tracking until flowering started but I inserted some images from veg for idea of how they started. But viparspectra works, buy what you can afford, if you could only afford vipars, just do it, you can always sell them when you upgrade, that’s what I did. Once anyone sees what you could do with them, they‘ll take them off your hands for a slight discount. Purchased a pair used on ebay for $400, used them 6 months, 2 harvests and sold the pair for $300. Basically $100 for 6 months of use.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

forgot about my grow diary, I didnt Start tracking until flowering started but I inserted some images from veg for idea of how they started. But viparspectra works, buy what you can afford, if you could only afford vipars, just do it, you can always sell them when you upgrade, that’s what I did. Once anyone sees what you could do with them, they‘ll take them off your hands for a slight discount. Purchased a pair used on ebay for $400, used them 6 months, 2 harvests and sold the pair for $300. Basically $100 for 6 months of use.

Kingbrite lights are very affordable and way better than any Burple that I have seen..Including my high end Unitfarm Burple that I got free as a test! (it uses all Cree and Oshram Diodes and not the cheap Epistars); and sold in the mid $400 dollar range when They sent mine for free. That one is still in service, but I would never pay that for any burple in these days of diode efficiency. (white Light diodes)

Last edited:
BudFox

BudFox

Kingbrite lights are very affordable and way better than any Burple that I have seen..Including my high end Unitfarm Burple that I got free as a test! (it uses all Cree and Oshram Diodes and not the cheap Epistars); and sold in the mid $400 dollar range when They sent mine for free. That one is still in service, but I would never pay that for any burple in these days of diode efficiency. (white Light diodes)
I’ve upgraded to hlg-600 r-spec.

just pointing out that they do in fact work. i See a lot of examples show PAR ratings but not as many actual grows using specific lights. Just trying to add more info.

Top Bottom