War Vet Lounge

• Thread starter lazarus718
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lone420ranger

lone420ranger

The stress from being in a war zone is constant and unrelenting...there is no safety anywhere.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
The stress from being in a war zone is constant and unrelenting...there is no safety anywhere.

I know this feeling all to well. I hate people and I don't feel comfortable in most locations. The freeway? Ha I'm the guy that you hope doesn't follow you home after you cut me off with my kids in the car lol Yeah but really Cali drivers get your heads out of your asses, oh and hang your cell phones up too while your at it.

You guys ever get that feeling like your about to just chew someone a new ass for the simplest of things? This of course is only when I'm not medicated lol. Like I say, "I'm medicated for your protection". :)

What do you fellow Combat PTSD sufferers think works best for agiatation and anxiety? Sativa dom/pure, or Indica dom/pure?

Cheers,
Crom

johnursery

johnursery

hey guys, awesome thread laz, i was in iraq for the first year, we were on the kuwait burm when it happened, we didnt even know what the war was called at first lol i was a medic and have sever PTSD with symptoms that are compounded by TBI, hey crom the best strain ive found so far for my symptoms was reefs love potion, im working with his SMCG at the moment to try to creat a strain specifically for my PTSD and my battle buddies of course, next project will be a strain for insomnia as these are the biggest things that affect me and my BB's, ive been in contact with some of the guys that were in my platoon (thanks facebook) and ive got one growing and when another pcs's from germany im gunna help get him self sufficient too, i gotta agree with growing being great therapy, its been a life line for me

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
hey guys, awesome thread laz, i was in iraq for the first year, we were on the kuwait burm when it happened, we didnt even know what the war was called at first lol i was a medic and have sever PTSD with symptoms that are compounded by TBI, hey crom the best strain ive found so far for my symptoms was reefs love potion, im working with his SMCG at the moment to try to creat a strain specifically for my PTSD and my battle buddies of course, next project will be a strain for insomnia as these are the biggest things that affect me and my BB's, ive been in contact with some of the guys that were in my platoon (thanks facebook) and ive got one growing and when another pcs's from germany im gunna help get him self sufficient too, i gotta agree with growing being great therapy, its been a life line for me

Awesome. Welcome to the thread Johnursery! I had some friends that were in 1AD/3ID that were in those Bradley's and on the ground. Man those first ROEs were sick! Back then if you saw an Iraqi in military garb it was okay to pop him on site! Some of my friends are pretty F'ed up with PTSD as well. Just got to keep your battle buddies away from the damn bottle! It's killing us all. Me personally I haven't touched the bottle in over 3 years! It's sad that alcohol is pretty much preached in the Army. I had a Soldier under my command go to jail for killing his own brother in a car accident because of DUI, and alcoholism due to PTSD and the drown your sorrow approach. Great Solider just never got the help he needed when he got back. The other sad thing is how the egos of the Military want to make you suck it up and be tough. PTSD is like sitting down to pee in the Infantry. We got shit for wanting to see a psychiatrist for our issues because they conflicted with our training schedule. Soldiers are great at doing the work of the government then sucking up the psychological destruction we experience after seeing some CRAZY stuff. I remember seeing the effects of Quick Clot first hand, and thinking "yeah don't use that shit on me please." It was used on an Iraqi not a Soldier. Anyway yeah, we got messed up over there.

Anyone hear about the "government shutdown of 2011"? They are talking about Vets not getting any monies while shutdown. Isn't that just convenient? Don't get me started about the VAs tripped up system either. Well thanks for listening fellow Farmers. lol I should start a vets rant thread lol

Cheers,
Crom

johnursery

johnursery

its a small world, if you knew any 1st AD that was attatched to 3rd ID for the invasion that was us, the reason we kept getting attatched to other combat divisions was because our division 1st armor hadnt got there yet, we were sitting pretty in baghdad by the time we saw anyone else from our division, what sucked was we had to leave with them even though we got there earlier, we even asked gen pat back when he was in charge of 101st when we were attatched to them and he said that the people that fought the war together would leave together, but alot of things didnt work out like they were supposed to lmao

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This thread made me try to find an old friend of mine, from high school. He ended up in the army, and I remember when I visited him and his wife (another friend from HS) in Kansas, Fort Riley (? this was a long time ago) I remember him talking about the 101st, the Big Red One or something like that? Is this the same division you guys are talking about? I know it's a big army, but wouldn't it be a trip if anyone of you knew Sgt. L. Lehr?

Oh my God... I think I found him! I'm gonna cry, shit.

He's a Command Sergeant Major now. Oh my God.

Go back in your minds to 1980, around the time I first met him, when he had long hair and was just a really cool guy to hang out with. His wife and I had two major fallings out in our lives, once when she became pregnant with their first child (her opinion and mine on what should be done were very divergent, her response was to simply cut me out of her life), and once when my second marriage ended and since she disagreed with that, she stopped talking to me again. We used to do so much together, spent so much time together. Oh, man.

johnursery

johnursery

wow thats cool, do you know if he was with hawktroop or with the headquarters scouts? chances are i worked with him but if he was with the scouts im sure we wouldve talked casualy as we were neighbors in our building

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm finding all kinds of stuff on him.

News articles, army news articles, all kinds of stuff. It's him, it's Lance.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
What's up SeaMaiden? Thanks for stopping by the thread. Best of luck finding your friends!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
He's done been found. Just need to figure out how his WIFE would feel about me making contact. She's the one who cut all ties, not Lance.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Bin Laden is dead!!? I hear that Bin Laden is dead and the US has his body!

A

AliasAO

Bin Laden is dead!!? I hear that Bin Laden is dead and the US has his body!

You know they had to pull the rabbit outta the hat in order to try and get Barack back elected.

Similar to Bush's turn around support and reelection after 9/11.

The Higher ups are very good at what they do :sign0065::sign0065:

johnursery

johnursery

You know they had to pull the rabbit outta the hat in order to try and get Barack back elected.

Similar to Bush's turn around support and reelection after 9/11.

The Higher ups are very good at what they do :sign0065::sign0065:

^^^:giggle yea right, im sure it was just about a reelection campaign...
cant we just enjoy his death without making it a politically charged topic?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thanks for keeping the thread going guys, been on a hiatus recently.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

What up guys. Made this place my home. Was in the USMC and while serviing my country... unawhere of a lingering back injury I did some construction and tore it up even more. Got to see some great and not so great places while I was serving my country... but would not trade those days for anything.

Hence I am on my journey down this road with a few other people starting up a small collective in order to keep the horrible pain away.

That is about it for now... Semper Fi!

L

LBZ Farmer

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Just different for everyone but who doesn't have or had huge hurdles to get over... You will come out fine my friend.

I was also Army! Loved it, and still do love it! I am a three time warzone vet, Bosnia, Kosovo, and Iraq. I truely miss the military. In Iraq I was stationed in TQ, Fallujah, korean village, and Al Asad.
I am proud of all of you that served our country, and of course wish you nothing but the best!
One thing I do not miss though........ Division Change of Command Ceremonies.
Maybe we should start breeding some plants to honor the service?
"Weeds of the Eagle.... Ahhh Tennnn Shun"

L

LBZ Farmer

I remember him talking about the 101st, the Big Red One or something like that? Is this the same division you guys are talking about?

101st is in KY they are the best the Military has to offer!

ha ha I know, I know, I just might be biased a little bit!
Big Red One is in KS, they are the Mechanised Infantry.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Just different for everyone but who doesn't have or had huge hurdles to get over... You will come out fine my friend.

I was also Army! Loved it, and still do love it! I am a three time warzone vet, Bosnia, Kosovo, and Iraq. I truely miss the military. In Iraq I was stationed in TQ, Fallujah, korean village, and Al Asad.
I am proud of all of you that served our country, and of course wish you nothing but the best!
One thing I do not miss though........ Division Change of Command Ceremonies.
Maybe we should start breeding some plants to honor the service?
"Weeds of the Eagle.... Ahhh Tennnn Shun"

Maybe we can breed a strain that is made to stand in ridiculious heat on the tarmac, and made to respond to bugle calls till it falls flat on it's face with heat stroke lol. JK

I was in TQ for 3 months in '05. We ensured that the roads coming in and out of the area were clear of things that go boom. Some may ask how does one do this? It's pretty straight forward and easy actually. All you do is load up a military vehicle of your choice with all your closest friends and drive around till someone dies lol THEN you go fight the f**cks that did it. Gotta love the infantry! When not doing this fun activity of "is today the day?", we did courtesy calls to the local topped off bags of guano. Great times really.

I grow the Alien line of genetics since the story is that it came from Afghanistan via a US Solider. Oh and it's crossed with Chemdog D and it is fiiiiyyaaa

I was at Campbell for a bit of time myself. Air Assault was fun! Kinda a joke compared to Airborne really but that's cool. Either way I loved the Army while I was in, but I have salty feelings towards the government since they screwed me royally.

Have a great night vets and keep it green!'

Cheers,
Crom

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Crom, I don't remember if I mentioned this, but my husband's ex-girlfriend lost her firstborn son that way last November, just in time for T-giving. I'm glad you made it back.
I remember him talking about the 101st, the Big Red One or something like that? Is this the same division you guys are talking about?

101st is in KY they are the best the Military has to offer!

ha ha I know, I know, I just might be biased a little bit!
Big Red One is in KS, they are the Mechanised Infantry.
I found them, and what I have found is amazing. His next assignment is going to be in the south somewhere, a drill sergeant training school in one of the Carolinas or something like that. It's so hard to imagine the sweet, caring, always laughing person I remember as a drill sergeant, combat soldier, etcetera, but that's what he's become. Lance IS the BEST as far as I'm concerned, even if it has been a long time.

I hope they contact me when they come out to California next month.

Either way, I like this thread because I have immense respect and admiration for anyone who puts their money where their mouth is, and ANYONE who joins and serves is that sort of person.

Much love and respect to all of you. And I'm glad you're here, that you made it back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom