War Vet Lounge

• Thread starter lazarus718
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Thanks so much Seamaiden! I feel better about my sacrifices when I meet someone like yourself. I wish the best for Lance and his family. I just wish more Americans would respect vets like you Seamaiden. Much Love your way. :)

Cheers,
Crom

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If we had mandatory military service for all over 18yo, like Mexico and Israel for instance, people like you and the others who've served would have a much different experience with civilians.

My dad served, even though he's incredibly anti-government, so that he could finish his medical training (radiologist, was a flight surgeon in the Navy). Even with everything he has to say about the (civilian) government, he taught me, as did my grandparents and mother, that military people live a hard life between pay rates and, hell, even just getting through boot camp is a hell of an experience. But the people who are serving in combat or unfriendly zones, those people have an extra-super measure of respect and admiration from me. They're doing one of the hardest jobs in the world, if not THE hardest.

Hell, I can't even stick a needle in someone to give 'em a shot because I get the shakes so bad. Get a little bit too hot and I've got a headache that makes me puke. Then I read about what soldiers/servicepeople go through and I know that I AM A WEENIE.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
lol Weenie your funny! Yeah my grandfather, rip, was in the Army Air Corps in WWII. He flew in bombers that destroyed much of Italy and Europe. Sorry to all Farmers from these areas, nothing personal. I'm glad that other vets ensure that their relatives understand the stuff service members endure. Again thank you Seamaiden for being you. I was prepped to be a Soldier or a student. I choose to be a Soldier and get money for school. Little did I know the extent that the war/military would jack my brain. All I know is the government "officials" aren't really getting the point. It's easy to sign your name to a paper and say sure we'll go to war. Officials in Washington should have a sort of "jury duty" to where they spend a month in a combat zone to understand what that signature really means. Hell it'll be cheaper now that we're only in Afghanistan. Even though Afghan is WAY worse than Iraq ever was IMO. That's why the news barely covers it. That place is F*cked! Only reason I want to go there is for beans and to meet the "good" people of the country. Well maybe one day a decade or so from now we can all go strain hunting in the Hindu Kush mountain range and bring back some sic genes! Anyway thanks again, and I'd rather have you be a "weenie" and be able to give the civilian perspective to other ignorant types than be tough. Your a mentally strong individual, that is needed in this world more than brawn.

Cheers,
Crom

F

Frank_Castle

I'm down for the lounge depending what the subject du jour is. I'm not a big fan of talking about the past but I'm all about the gardening now.

I never even tried marijuana before the war. Now I go through about an 1/8th a day.
I've also had HUGE success with synthetic cannabis in the form of research chemicals. All this on top of normal meds.

Either way pot enormously improves my quality of life. I hate the criminal aspect of it though. I'm all about staying out of trouble and living the quiet life now.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

True Frank.... my kids say dad your not grouchy like you used to be... my poor kids and wife. The pain was so severe before I started toking that I was a complete jerk to my wife and kids... then when I was on my prescibed pain meds... I was a slobering idiot... now with MMJ I can now function without the severe pain. I take just enough to take the edge off and life is good!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I'm down for the lounge depending what the subject du jour is. I'm not a big fan of talking about the past but I'm all about the gardening now.

I never even tried marijuana before the war. Now I go through about an 1/8th a day.
I've also had HUGE success with synthetic cannabis in the form of research chemicals. All this on top of normal meds.

Either way pot enormously improves my quality of life. I hate the criminal aspect of it though. I'm all about staying out of trouble and living the quiet life now.

Welcome Frank_Castle! We will try to stay in the present unless you feel like touching the past. Nothing but love over her at the Farm. I am still on the hunt for that perfect plot of land off the grid enough that I can do my thing without human interaction. I feel everything you said!

I completely understand where AL is coming from about treating your loved ones like crap due to issues. My PTSD is insane! Either way welcome fellas. I hope the Farm is as therapeutic to you as it is to me. If I can help in anyway let me know.

Cheers,
Crom

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

The stress from being in a war zone is constant and unrelenting...there is no safety anywhere.

Truth.

I had strange, seemingly unrelated medical problems, one after another while in Iraq. In the end the Doc surmised they were stress related. He probably thought I was nuts too. But hey, stress kills don't it? So why be surprised when it manifests in any number of ways.

I started out in the Light Infantry many moons ago. Rough on the back and the feet. Salute!

F

Frank_Castle

How much pot do you guys go through a day?

I literally smoke from the time I wake up until bedtime. How strong the meds are is the determining factor in time between input method.

Any input on personal experience on how your ptsd evolved or diminished over time?

If anyone wants help with the synthetics; I use damiana leaf and 3g/oz of Research Chemical. They all work but I have best results with 1g JWH-081 with 2g JWH-210. You get a mild high and all the relaxation.

The synthetics work great but like everything you build a tolerance to them. They allow me to smoke in public and stay [more] legal. I dont live in a MMJ state and dont know anyone here. That kind of limits my ability to use the real stuff. :harvest: someday!

Cool!

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I read a good article in Karate magazine in which they brought up how the Samurai were at war for 300 years. They filled their lives with beauty when they were not fighting. Some, if not all were family men as well and treated their with respect. They sought profection in all that they did.

Now with that said... I was told that I am in control of my feelings and nothing forces me to act apon them... the bad ones that is. I attend church, study for school, read, hang out with the wife and kids, take care of my house, spend time on the net, ect. I almost lost my wife and kids because of my poor attitude but I woke up and decided that it is not their fault and I have no right to treat them that way.

As far as the meds go... I try to limit myself on how much I smoke and mostly take at night to help with sleep. If I do it during the day... it is just to take the edge off. With this aproach I am able to use different strains in order for my body to respond the way I would like... a better quality of life because of MMJ.

Hope this helps.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Well just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Been stressed with this first grow... but so far so good. Making some friends on the board to help keep my mind busy as an idle mind is the devils playground. Also spending time with the family and bouncing back and forth with studing up on my grow.

Hope everyone is marching on.

L

LBZ Farmer

What are you growing AL?

I am growing some of the OG Rascal KKSC Medley. It is either KKSC x Alien or KKSC x Bubba from what I can tell.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

I got some babies in plugs right now:

Tangerine Dream
vanilla kush
purple haze
Kings kush
GDP
California Hash
Super skunk

These are going to be my mommas... so far they are doing ok.

For the first cuts to grow out I have chosen:

Tangerine Dream
Vanilla Kush
Kings kush

We will see how they turn out.

L

LBZ Farmer

Yeah a huge mistake I was making when I started was to grow only 1 strain, even though you really want to save time and grow them all.

Just save yourself some time and grow only 1 out and then try the next strain in two months.

It keeps all the nutrients the same, you can check less plants for hermies since they will all be the same, the canopy will be more even, times will all finish the same.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Yea... I was going to do that but I have done some reading and looking around.

I am going with six plants only in a UC system with only 4 lights. We are a small collective so we do not need a whole industrial building...LOL. This is a very small grow. Should keep everyone happy. I will be concervitive on the nutes running this system.

I am going with the Lucas formula with phosphoload to control stretch and only using one booster and that is about it. Trying to keep it real simple as this is my first grow.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
God I hate war. I wish all of you the best. I totaly respect you all but dont understand why we have to go thru with what seems to be conflict after conflict. Most folks worldwide wish to live in peace. I think its the Govts that stir up shit and our kids are the ones who pay, again all due respect to you all. I just hope someday we will not have to lose so many good people... Hope you all find peace and senerity...

Top Bottom