War Vet Lounge

• Thread starter lazarus718
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

TY for bumping this Seamaider. :DDidn't know there was a vet thread here. :cool:
I'm an USAF vet 1976 to 1980. Just started my dry-out period today. I'm 6 weeks away from my VA Dr. visit that has full blood & urine work ups. Twice a year I gotta go through this shit to protect my pain management.
Looking forward to hearing from all the other vets here on the Farm...
US Army 1986-1992 3/505th Airborne Infantry Rgmt. 82nd Airborne Div. Fuck the VA. I'm not jumping through hoops just to get my scripts anymore. Its a damn shame the way the VA works...or doesn't. Thanks for your service drifting. MGG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I always sit in wonderment when I see those tv ads about working for the VA. I keep wondering, "Haven't they talked to a veteran?"

One day, not a single one of you will have to 'clean out' just so you can get the appropriate care, including pain management. One day. And it better be soon!

Drifting13

Drifting13

Believe it or not right now it's easier for me to do pain mangt. at the VA. My wife(non canna smoker) does her pain mangt. here in Florida and they wiz quiz her on average ever other month. So twice a year looks a hell of a lot better than ever other month. Now if Medical Canna passes in 2014 down here that may change.
Seamaiden, I sure hope so. I have been on the same pain meds. for over 3 years and they work a hell of a lot better when I can smoke.

B

boo

I hear yas drifting...I've broken 46 bones, shot once, stabbed once, and don't get started on the little shit...my pain meds are fairly easy for me to get but shit, they work far mo bettah with a few tokes than just by themselves...I've been taking the same 3 pills since 1976...no more, no less...my doc says just don't piss in the cup and I won't ask you any more pot questions...he asked me to stop for 40 days and I did...I was a nasty bastage to be around for 39 of those days...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Another HS friend finally had to have his leg amputated. He'd been in a car accident back in the 80s and had been suffering constant infections (so bad he had a pic line for over a year), and the final death knell for his leg was osteosarcoma (I think I got that right) the doctors felt was due to all the trauma and constant infections. So off with his leg! At first he was still experiencing a lot of pain post-op. He's a commercial truck driver so he can't use, but during his time off he figured why not? I hooked him up and he was able to reduce pain meds by 75%, no lie. He'd been taking Vicodin and Oxy's 4-6x/day, and after getting some good weed into his system, 1x/day and 1x at night before bed, and quickly he was off even that.

I call him 6 Mil, for The Six Million Dollar Man. I loved that show.

blazer

blazer

Thats badass bootsy glad you made it back close to coloroda just south of you in nm, hey sea thanks for bumping the thread good to see all the vets around, how has your ptsd being doing since last year hopefully some time helped you heal sea!

Semper Fi

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you so much for asking, @blazer :) I'm doing a lot better, quite a bit. No more moments of sheer panic just because a car I don't recognize is driving by, or because the dog's barking 'that' certain kind of bark.

blazer

blazer

Thats good to hear sea glad the time has helped you heal that ptsd is no joke it can run your life if let it,wild how powerful the mind can be
Playin tricks on you helps to have good people around you

devildog1986

devildog1986

How's it going boys? 8 years in the infantry (Army) here. Door kickin, ground poundin, SOB! lol Oh and did I mention the PTSD from the war? Yeah I loved the Army, but my family is paying the price now. Sad to say there are soooo many Soldiers/Marines/Sailors/Airmen that are all Fubar now that they are back on native soil. I think that before you can join any branch you should do a tour of the VA hospital and talk to some Vets that have been there done that and can share how it "really is". Like I said I loved the Army, but they did me dirty. Financially that is. Breached my reenlistment contract and made me pay back my $22,500 bonus 3 months after receiving it. Fuckers. Try having the US Treasury as a debt collector lol. Either way I'm glad to see that there are some fellow Farmers that know what's up. Best wishes and good Karma to you all.

Cheers,
Crom

You think $22,500 is bad man, I've been hurt since 2007 and just got great new years with social security telling me i need to pay them $38,895 dollars of over pay. even though i have done everything they ask for. I mean everything. My poor wife is freaking out like crazy i haven't slept in a couple of days. just scared shitless of whats gonna happen. worst thing is simply that it is not something that was in any way my fault. i have to pay them back for their screw ups. to top it off i have my second little one on the way in august. Government is just like those friends that i call "sponges" you know the ones you only hear from when you they need something? i was Recon for two years shot machine guns and worked with snipers in the corps. i get hurt in iraq back in '07 and they give me two options. either you get out, or you get out!!!!!! The Craziest reason they gave me? well you'll get payed more because of your injuries. I am sure that non of the veterans joined the military for the pay, what is it now? $700 every two weeks for a E-3? good place to vent out man!!! lol

Drifting13

Drifting13

I'm with ya on this Seamaiden. Welcoming all Vets new to the Farm.
D-dog sorry to hear what SS is doing to you. Have you gone & talk with you state senator or congressman? Not sure what they can do to help other than putting heat on SS Adm.

Kin

Kin

Hi folks,
Ex-British army here, hope a Tommy is welcome.
I served in the Royal armoured corps and saw active service in Northern Ireland in an infantry role during the early nineties.
I was involved in several contacts and witnessed some truly horrific injuries. I have suffered with PTSD and depression ever since. I have learned to manage these conditions with varying degrees of success but these memories will never leave me. Cannabis has been a great help to me, particularly in dealing with anxiety, depression and problems with sleep.
I'll say now, I'm no fan of the military or the causes it is used in but I will always respect the bravery of service personnel. It's good to know there are others here who know what we give, and the costs.
May you find peace Brothers and Sisters.

Kin

Kin

Absolutely you're welcome! Thanks for joining in, Kin. :)
Many thanks for the warm welcome Seamaiden.
Kin, I spent 3 years 8 months stationed @ R.A.F. Lakenheath...as far as I'm concerned of course your welcome here.
Thanks for the welcome Drifting13. Lakenheath is in a lovely part of the country.
I was lucky enough to meet/train with a few Royal Marines while at Ft. Bragg....tough SOB's they were. Hell yeah your welcome here....we are all brothers as far as I'm concerned. MGG
Yes Mr GreenGenes, those marines sure do earn that green beret, thank you for your welcome.

blazer

blazer

We used to swap rations with the royal marines remeber they were in a box,good stuff from what I remember been a bit, Warriors for sure
Semper Fi Jarines!

Kin

Kin

We used to swap rations with the royal marines remeber they were in a box,good stuff from what I remember been a bit, Warriors for sure
Semper Fi Jarines!
Hi blazer, yes I was a fan of our rat packs too, all the boil in the bag stuff was pretty good. I remember the bacon and beans being particularly good(when isn't it?)
My favourite was the range stew though. In winter when we went to the firing ranges we would get a slow cooked beef and vegetable stew, served from a big Norwegian flask, and loaves of bread. Damn, that stew was good!

Top Bottom