• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

me too.. I'm about to drop dough on one in the next month or so

S

seebobsled

British thermal units is just that. Chillville did a btu test on eco plus commercial and they work at said btu. Also has high quality Japanese compressors.
All imports rate in HP
My 1.5 HP = 12000 btu minimum but on cooler days 18000 btu.

My room basically has low installation, faces south, seasonal high 100 degrees.
And till recent it was in a spare room and saw 90+ temps at times. Outside shaded by a tree and on west side it's having no problem keeping up. Get me in a basement with vented lights! lol. Bare ass vert is were it's at!

Chill king is a US company and use ton = 12000 btu. and rate at or above rating.
Chillers have no seer or eer rating to compare.

the better units have things like proportional valve and dryers and stuff of that nature.When I get into my own residence I will be using a three-phase heat pump with variable frequency drive controlling it. Chillers aren't there yet.
Rentals are also limited options without modifications to structure. I pride in the fact that I don't mod what I can't put back to as or better then received.

S

seebobsled

Eco-1-1/2hp
120v 60hz
R410a
Btu 11935
1150w/10.5amp
88 lbs
1." In/outlets
1267 gph flow
300-500 gal tank

ttystikk

ttystikk

My chiller DOES have an EER rating, it's right on the same tag as everything else; 9.2. I do not know how to compare that to other numbers or if chillers are rated differently.

A multi phase heat pump is the next step up from a chiller and always will be, because a heat pump uses water on both cold and hot sides, improving efficiency. There are also efficiency gains in the multi phase nature of the system.

I want to see if I can build a heat pump co generation plant with a fuel cell...

ttystikk

ttystikk

i think this is what you were trying to link to... click
*was a good read. This VFD info is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks for posting!

Yummy stuff! Looks like I can surf around this site to answer a lot of other questions, too- thanks!

S

seebobsled

12000 btu eco 10.5 amps 1500.00 retail
12000 btu chill king 10.2 amps 2700.00 retail

.3 amps better so chill king would win but at high purchase

I never deemed chill king bad they make a great chiller that is on the pricey side.

ttystikk

ttystikk

12000 btu eco 10.5 amps 1500.00 retail
12000 btu chill king 10.2 amps 2700.00 retail

.3 amps better so chill king would win but at high purchase

I never deemed chill king bad they make a great chiller that is on the pricey side.

24,000 BTu ChillKing! 2 Tons of cooling for less than twice the price, and beats its ratings instead of not quite living up to them.

Or what am I missing? ChillKing is good, it's not God. I don't want to leave the impression that I'm a cheering section for the brand, no matter what. I'm using this exercise to teach myself about differences in chillers, performance, ratings, etc.

S

seebobsled

Yes good maybe even great but not god!

They have 14eer not sure on price / call

2 ton chill king 3300 retail.

I compared 1 ton chill king to 1 ton/1.5 HP eco

ttystikk

ttystikk

Yes good maybe even great but not god!

They have 14eer not sure on price / call

2 ton chill king 3300 retail.

I compared 1 ton chill king to 1 ton/1.5 HP eco

Online hydro store website quoted 2 Ton ChillKing at $2333.33, I think the link is in this thread.

That Whaley chillers website is pretty intense-

Swany

Swany

Forums, and the people who participate in them, are Fantastic! Thanks all for posting all this info! I was talking with a few guys last night about growing 20 or so years ago, about the availability of information now vs. then. Friggin' sweet ;-}

... pardon me, i'm having a 'moment'. Tito, get me a tissue...

When I get into my own residence I will be using a three-phase heat pump with variable frequency drive controlling it.

Three phase in a house? Are you talking some big city industrial building converted into condos are a large farm set up or something like that? I've not heard of getting 3 phase in a residence. I once helped build a single phase to three phase converter. It had six transformers, about 12 frequency drives and lived in a 16 foot trailer. It was made to power a tunnel boring machine however, not a heat pump.... (edit) - I was going to ask if you can get little phase converters but I started watching the video posted above and answered that question ;-} Did I mention you guys are Fantastic! <blink - blink - sniff>

S

seebobsled

Online hydro store website quoted 2 Ton ChillKing at $2333.33, I think the link is in this thread-

This is best price now ,eco can be found for 1200. 2 years ago was price wasn't as flexible. You are a little jaded because you never paid retail for your system.

S

seebobsled

I called Whaley for a quote on a 2 ton sap2-2-pt . I will post when I get a call back.

S

seebobsled

That chiller has all the bells and whistles that kick butt and makes servicing a breeze. My point is made the more you pay can get a better unit but not promised. In closing find the price range you're comfortable with! Buy the right size with a bit more or two smaller units to reduce power usage in winter.

S

seebobsled

From limited info my conclusion is
4# Import $
3# Eco plus/ commercial import $$
2# Chill king USA $$$
1# Whaley USA $$$$ best efficiency 14 seer

Top Bottom