Weight for Perfect Drying time?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

No way. They stay on the stem until they break off using fingers only. The fan leaves can come off while they hang, but the buds stay on. Not only does the final product taste better, but it's 10 times easier to trim.
IDK whats complicated about that for beginners
Impatience and inexperience.

Madbud

Madbud

So do you think if the book tells them to wait until it lost 75% they're not gonna get impatient? LOL live and learn.
I’m stunned that i haven’t seen anything about weight loss on any of the forums i use. It took a lot of guesswork out of my harvest this year but really want to see more results than my dozen plants. Especially if they’re not drying at 60/60, the 80% weight loss may still give a decent cure after a quicker or slower dry due to higher or lower temps and humidity.

growsince79

growsince79

I’m stunned that i haven’t seen anything about weight loss on any of the forums i use. It took a lot of guesswork out of my harvest this year but really want to see more results than my dozen plants. Especially if they’re not drying at 60/60, the 80% weight loss may still give a decent cure after a quicker or slower dry due to higher or lower temps and humidity.
The fingers only method eliminates 100% of the guess work. And its so much faster and easier.

Madbud

Madbud

The fingers only method eliminates 100% of the guess work. And its so much faster and easier.
How do you tell somebody in a forum how the branch should feel. You must have a plant you can cut a bud off, do me a favor. Btw, that bud i showed in the cup isn’t as pathetic as it looked. Well maybe, i killed it twice since it flowered in July, only my third indoor attempt.

KingKobi

KingKobi

60/60 rule man. live it, breath it, believe it. 10-14 days, buds ready for jars or if captain crunch on the outside with that gooey center like a fresh krispy kreme, into paper bags for another week then jars. Shit ain't rocket science if you don't deviate from the tried and true rules.
Tobh you are dfm…

SSgrower

SSgrower

I live on the coastal bend of Texas, weather here is up & down temp & humidity. I use a window a/c to maintain 77 degrees but it may rise to 83 some hotter fall days, we been getting rain which messes with the drying, sorry but I just harvested 3 different cultivars a week and a few more days ago. In my opinion, you gotta learn your area, it's weather pattterns. I was in Tennessee and now I grow near the coast. SS

TSD

TSD

I would have helped with a bud or two for the sake of research, but my stuff is already in paper bags or curing. I personally would never use weight as my guide to drying because there are way too many variables and so many different methods. Are you drying trimmed or untrimmed, whole plants, branches, buds? Climate, density of buds, strain, airflow? I mean I guess it could help someone that can't figure out when a bud snaps off and a bigger stem snaps but doesn't break, and when it's crunchy outside and squishy inside... but are we weighing every individual bud? I grew 12 trees, that's humanly impossible lol. Even from the same plant, different size buds may need longer. I think using paper bags takes even more guess work out, because you can put buds of various sizes and at slightly different levels of dryness in together and the will all reach an even level over a few days, as long as you turn the buds and burp the bags. Going by a set time also doesn't work imo because of all the variables. If I left my shit for 14 days it would be dry as an old bone. I usually hang for about 4 days then paper bag for like 5 days or more... until it's ready. I think teaching newbies to dry by weight is setting them up for failure, and that may be why you're getting some snarky responses... because while it's a good idea in theory, in practice it's just not plausible. Gotta learn by feel and by experience. That's just my two cents.

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

How do you tell somebody in a forum how the branch should feel. You must have a plant you can cut a bud off, do me a favor. Btw, that bud i showed in the cup isn’t as pathetic as it looked. Well maybe, i killed it twice since it flowered in July, only my third indoor attempt.
View attachment 1181640
I'd check for rot behind that brown leaf, that's usually a telltale sign... unless you just left a dead leaf on.

Madbud

Madbud

I'd check for rot behind that brown leaf, that's usually a telltale sign... unless you just left a dead leaf on.
A lot of dead leaves, it died twice without water and i totally underestimated a 200w led. No rot tho.

Reactions: TSD
Madbud

Madbud

Aristotle reasoned that a rock falls faster than a pillow because it is heavier. 2000 years later Galileo dropped a rock and pillow off the tower of Pisa to see if Aristotle was right. Greeks were a bunch of stoners.

growsince79

growsince79

View attachment 1181640
You don't have to explain how anything feels. Either you can trim the whole branch without tools or you can't. If you can't, then wait till you can. It's absolutely fool proof.

GanjaFarmer24

GanjaFarmer24

Dry and trim is a tedious process even if you have a machine to help, its still gonna be hours with some music on and getting in the zone.

Rooke

Rooke

Branches hung in 60 f then into bags they stayed closed for 2-3 days checked on them downs to 58 rh garage is to dry into basement grow room at 60f and 60 rh opened bags for 24 hours then closed them up and wait another day I may have to fire up the humidifier for a day have to wait and see what happens it may come up on it’s own. Been using this method for 6 years works like a charm soon to be cut up and into the pails tada🤛

00E55F16 A6C5 4ECF AC1E 9560CC03AD30
26B056FD 209C 452C B0F6 1499602DBF03
FC8DDB10 056A 4C85 A4A1 90CF3D1F6661
C387CBAB 6C0E 41E9 A314 8FFC0D9A3EA3
F709BD44 D375 4297 BF8A 3A66A11B933A
Madbud

Madbud

Branches hung in 60 f then into bags they stayed closed for 2-3 days checked on them downs to 58 rh garage is to dry into basement grow room at 60f and 60 rh opened bags for 24 hours then closed them up and wait another day I may have to fire up the humidifier for a day have to wait and see what happens it may come up on it’s own. Been using this method for 6 years works like a charm soon to be cut up and into the pails tada🤛
Nice, if you weigh one of those sweet branches today, will it weigh less tomorrow?

Rooke

Rooke

Nice, if you weigh one of those sweet branches today, will it weigh less tomorrow?
Hmmm if everything stays the same I think it’s stable enough and will weigh the same or a bit more. They feel pliable today

TSD

TSD

That's what's great about paper bags, even if you accidentally over dry, you can adjust the climate of the room and the bags will allow the buds to reach the ambient humidity in the room... so with a humidifier and dehumidifier, you basically can't fuck up... unless you don't burp and turn and shit had mold and goes to hell. Everything about growing weed is work. Trying to find shortcuts will inevitably lead to a lower quality outcome. I've been trimming, burping bags and jars and turning buds for weeks... am I sick of it? Yes. Will it be worth it? Also yes. The pungent aroma that smacks me in the face when I open the bags reassures me that this is so. Now if my damn grove bags would come, my life would be much easier. If FedEx sends me one more notification that my delivery is rescheduled, I may just lose my cool. 🤣

Top Bottom