Weight for Perfect Drying time?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

Typical $30 lumber moisture meter might work too, same pins.View attachment 1181799

This can probably be calibrated to test buds.​

Last edited:
TSD

TSD

Yeah but the whole system has been based on weight as long as i remember, ounces, pounds and kilos. They stop losing weight at some point, maybe thats when to cure. Just sayin’
They stop when they are so dry they turn to dust when you squeeze them, and at that point they are not smokeable imo, but I use a vape, which requires the bud have moisture to vaporize. If you're making edibles and such and are going to decarb anyway, I guess it doesn't matter... but over dry bud will not properly cure either.

TSD

TSD

Yeah that nice fruity smell. You get excited. You roll it up. Take a puff. Pass it to your buddy. He takes a puff. Looks at you funny and smashes it in the ash tray. Throws a bag of kush at you and tells you to roll it up. Tosses the sack you lit up in the garbage. And you both laugh. The worst part is how often the poo smells great. A pox on packaged factory nugs. They're not worth the jar they're placed in.
I've only ever had good dispensary weed once and it was a small craft dispensary in Maine. The dudes working there were friends with the grower and could tell you all about his live soil, curing process, etc... top quality shit... but yes, the vast majority of dispensaries are slinging bullshit. We have a native American reservation close by and they get some decent stuff in thier dispensaries, most comes from Canada, some from Cali, but it's still mass produced, not properly cured mid grade stuff most of the time...but it gets the job done in a pinch. Nothing beats homegrown, (or small scale grown) grown and processed by someone that knows what they are doing.

growsince79

growsince79

I've only ever had good dispensary weed once and it was a small craft dispensary in Maine. The dudes working there were friends with the grower and could tell you all about his live soil, curing process, etc... top quality shit... but yes, the vast majority of dispensaries are slinging bullshit. We have a native American reservation close by and they get some decent stuff in thier dispensaries, most comes from Canada, some from Cali, but it's still mass produced, not properly cured mid grade stuff most of the time...but it gets the job done in a pinch. Nothing beats homegrown, (or small scale grown) grown and processed by someone that knows what they are doing.
Colorado dispenseries used to have quality buds. Cannasuer and Maggies Farm in Pueblo grew there own top shelf fire. Haven't been there in years, so I don't know if its still good. Oklahoma dispensaries are a joke.

Madbud

Madbud

Colorado dispenseries used to have quality buds. Cannasuer and Maggies Farm in Pueblo grew there own top shelf fire. Haven't been there in years, so I don't know if its still good. Oklahoma dispensaries are a joke.
Never seen any sticky gummy in mass, and only dense crumbly buds from maine dispensaries. Heres tonights weigh in, still over a gram lost in 24 hours, more than 10%. Grownsince79, i’ll bend
9A76FB01 FD3F 4A8C 9D65 0B34DE048509
some stems as this goes along, see when they snap off, theres a couple nice ones to test.

Madbud

Madbud

This bud is done, weight loss was less than 0.2 g overnight… and the stems snap cleanly, something they didn’t do yesterday

growsince79

growsince79

Bingo, about 10 grams in a quartt jar, the needles slowly moving, plus i left the piece of paper plate in there.
Thats why humiditats in jars are so inaccurate. Too many variables. How full the jar is and temp. Both will change the reading even though the moisture content stays the same. Should still be a little too much moisture now but still burn. Let me know what you think.

Madbud

Madbud

Thats why humiditats in jars are so inaccurate. Too many variables. How full the jar is and temp. Both will change the reading even though the moisture content stays the same. Should still be a little too much moisture now but still burn. Let me know what you think.
Over the years i’ve learned the piece of paper plate is pretty accurate for dampness.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

If the jar was full 2 hrs would stabilize the rh

Top Bottom