Weight for Perfect Drying time?

• Thread starter Madbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madbud

Madbud

For me, dry trim is 10x faster than wet. Everything just breaks off. No tools allowed.
I appreciate your experience breaking branches. To the inexperienced eye these look and “feel” ready to jar but the branch is still juicy, and she’s still losing weight.

Madbud

Madbud

The density of the weed has such a huge effect on how it dries. I don’t know any formula that can account for that honestly I don’t even wanna know what it weighs before it’s dried and trimmed. It’s just depressing
Yeah but the whole system has been based on weight as long as i remember, ounces, pounds and kilos. They stop losing weight at some point, maybe thats when to cure. Just sayin’

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Yeah but the whole system has been based on weight as long as i remember, ounces, pounds and kilos. They stop losing weight at some point, maybe thats when to cure. Just sayin’
You can over dry but I’m sure they stop at some point. I guess let us know lol

growsince79

growsince79

A cured to perfection bud will still lose 10% in the oven. In a humidor it stays the same. At 40%rh it will lose another 7-8%.

Ponky

Ponky

What I do for a small load.
Clip (or don't) place on screens in tent. If low humidity outside tent make the piles a little bigger. Turn on fans. Zip it up. After four days start reaching in and grabbing small dry bits from the edges and smoke test em.
Once you get a joint that burns white and smokes you go in and feel them. This takes 6 to 11 days. Crispy outside. No stem snap. Bag. Next day open the bag. Smoke test. If not ready empty bag onto screen for a few hours with a fan on it. Or leave the bags open until the dryness is where you want. Usually when stems snap.
Vaccum seal. Bag. Whatever. Done.

What you look out for. A strong hay smell. Don't want that hay smell in the bag. Comes from drying too quick.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

FWIW…after talking with the growing supervisor at a local dispensary, he said the rh in their storage room is 50% and the rh in the bud is about 15% as measured with a probe inserted into the dried bud. The key piece of equipment is the rh meter with probe…likely the only way to truly check interior bud humidity. Classic case of science beating anecdotal evidence any day.

growsince79

growsince79

FWIW…after talking with the growing supervisor at a local dispensary, he said the rh in their storage room is 50% and the rh in the bud is about 15% as measured with a probe inserted into the dried bud. The key piece of equipment is the rh meter with probe…likely the only way to truly check interior bud humidity. Classic case of science beating anecdotal evidence any day.
As long as they're stored properly the room rh don't mean squat. Buds don't have rh they have moisture content. At 15% its not gonna burn worth a shit. Your friend is spewing fake news or selling crap..

Ponky

Ponky

I've never smoked or met anyone thats smoked anything from a dispensary worth smoking. They keep jars full of small buds and pluck them out of the jar with chopsticks. The same load I know came out of my buddies shop. It's some crappy OG kush. Or some useless sativa. And they are always staffed by normies. I'd never listen to them. The only way to truly check a bud is to smoke it. The only way to get good bud is on the black market. No offense to dispensary workers. But like they aren't industry. I don't ask the waitress about the high density feed lot mid grade steak they cooked me came from. You need a grower. One that doesn't get a pay cheque. To tell you the truth. Anyone using jars and chop sticks for theater is a rube. The descriptor people want want hear: chewy. Not bone. Not crumble.

Is it possible there are legitimate dispensaries where the worker knows whats actually up? Sure. Just like a deal on a used car at the dealership is possible. If moisture probes were a thing we would already use them. If CBD was a thing we would already use it. The way you know is yoir dispensary owning only smokes the purse you get them. Never their supply. Which they know is mids. While people gladly plop down 50 bucks to smoke an eighth of some nonsense like Headband. Which just came in a garbage bag and cost the owner less than 6 bucks an eighth.

Madbud

Madbud

I agree dispensaries overdry to avoid mold. At least the couple of $100 quarters i have seen were not at all sticky. They do get some decent terp fragrances tho.

Ponky

Ponky

I agree dispensaries overdry to avoid mold. At least the couple of $100 quarters i have seen were not at all sticky. They do get some decent terp fragrances tho.
Yeah that nice fruity smell. You get excited. You roll it up. Take a puff. Pass it to your buddy. He takes a puff. Looks at you funny and smashes it in the ash tray. Throws a bag of kush at you and tells you to roll it up. Tosses the sack you lit up in the garbage. And you both laugh. The worst part is how often the poo smells great. A pox on packaged factory nugs. They're not worth the jar they're placed in.

growsince79

growsince79

15% moisture is 50% too much for my kind of buds. Probably smells like lawn clippings. LOL I just saw a sign advertising $12 eighths here. Sounds scary. idk wtf buys it.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah that nice fruity smell. You get excited. You roll it up. Take a puff. Pass it to your buddy. He takes a puff. Looks at you funny and smashes it in the ash tray. Throws a bag of kush at you and tells you to roll it up. Tosses the sack you lit up in the garbage. And you both laugh. The worst part is how often the poo smells great. A pox on packaged factory nugs. They're not worth the jar they're placed in.
Who do you think buys the fake terps?

Ponky

Ponky

Who do you think buys the fake terps?
Well. I mean the lab guys I knew did by limonene and shit.. for those cartridges.. but the luxury back door clear was flavored with extracted terpenes. And sometimes a batch with natural terpenes would go wrong. And smell and taste like fish. So the science part in me is ok with artifical terpenes for further processing. But not as an additive to bud. That's a good way to have some guy come in your house with a roll of poly and an offer you can't refuse. Never adulterate your weed. People know. Ruins it. And reputation gone.

growsince79

growsince79

Well. I mean the lab guys I knew did by limonene and shit.. for those cartridges.. but the luxury back door clear was flavored with extracted terpenes. And sometimes a batch with natural terpenes would go wrong. And smell and taste like fish. So the science part in me is ok with artifical terpenes for further processing. But not as an additive to bud. That's a good way to have some guy come in your house with a roll of poly and an offer you can't refuse. Never adulterate your weed. People know. Ruins it. And reputation gone.
Certainly no dispensery would ever use it to make there trash smell good. Absolutely never happens haha.

Top Bottom