Welcome to my little dungeon.

• Thread starter Goodshit97
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Thats funny, for some reason i dont get icicles here. Once in a while ill get like a 3 footer hanging off the light outside my front door but one of my kids usually hits it off lol.

I have a cool mist humidifier without a filter and it leaves residue all over everything so i dont use it very much. Im going to upgrade some of my equipment this spring i think. Im running all the same stuff i bought almost 5 years ago and im thinking im due for new stuff lol.
Must have decent roof insulation. My house was built in 1891... so probably would benefit from a good spray foaming. There's a giant empty unfinished attic, so I assume all the heat from the room goes there then escapes out the eaves.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Must have decent roof insulation. My house was built in 1891... so probably would benefit from a good spray foaming. There's a giant empty unfinished attic, so I assume all the heat from the room goes there then escapes out the eaves.
Yeah im not sure about the insulation in my roof, when i put in a vent fan in my bathroom, all that was there was R19 rolled across the rafters. What i do know is, its a mobile home with a galvanized steel roof, the manufacturers tag on the frame is pretty hard to read at this point, but it says either 1981 or 1984.

TSD

TSD

Yeah im not sure about the insulation in my roof, when i put in a vent fan in my bathroom, all that was there was R19 rolled across the rafters. What i do know is, its a mobile home with a galvanized steel roof, the manufacturers tag on the frame is pretty hard to read at this point, but it says either 1981 or 1984.
Well then maybe the heat just escapes everywhere before it makes it to the roof lol. I lived in a trailer for some years, they don't do winter well that's for sure. I used to keep hay bales around the skirting and light bulbs underneath going to throw enough heat to keep my pipes from freezing, in addition to heat tape and pipe insulation.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well then maybe the heat just escapes everywhere before it makes it to the roof lol. I lived in a trailer for some years, they don't do winter well that's for sure. I used to keep hay bales around the skirting and light bulbs underneath going to throw enough heat to keep my pipes from freezing, in addition to heat tape and pipe insulation.
Well that might be why there were 6 heat bulbs and the aluminum clip on light housings in my shed when i bought the place..... never figured that one out and i threw the heat bulbs away cause i didnt see a use for them. Faaack now ill have to buy some cause thats a good idea. I also dont have insulation in my floors so chances are the heat doesnt make it to the roof lol.

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Well that might be why there were 6 heat bulbs and the aluminum clip on light housings in my shed when i bought the place..... never figured that one out and i threw the heat bulbs away cause i didnt see a use for them. Faaack now ill have to buy some cause thats a good idea. I also dont have insulation in my floors so chances are the heat doesnt make it to the roof lol.
Even regular 60 watt incandescent throw enough to keep the temp up a bit, as long as it's not damn 20 below like it has been.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Even regular 60 watt incandescent throw enough to keep the temp up a bit, as long as it's not damn 20 below like it has been.
Yeah ill have to get some bulbs and hang lights udner there now. Quite the good idea, ill plug them in outside rather than underneath that way i can use them when i want and not have them on all the time. Electric bill is already crazy high.

Reactions: TSD
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Wtf y'all, it was -40°f just 2 days ago, my bedroom hit 48° for a low, and here i am killing a mosquito in here while im trying to smoke.

20230205 214133
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

So i know i said i did this last week, but now i have 100% officially signed my contract with @ViparSpectra. Didnt have a printer to print the contract then i remembered i have adobe on my phone so i just signed it and emailed it back to them this morning. I really gotta start using my head for something other than a damn hat rack people.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
So i know i said i did this last week, but now i have 100% officially signed my contract with @ViparSpectra. Didnt have a printer to print the contract then i remembered i have adobe on my phone so i just signed it and emailed it back to them this morning. I really gotta start using my head for something other than a damn hat rack people.
Grats bro!!! Really excited to see how their products hold up and excited you got to contract up with them

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Grats bro!!! Really excited to see how their products hold up and excited you got to contract up with them
I never thought out of all the people on here, they would've picked me. Im pretty sure my wife is already tired of hearing about how excited i am to be sponsored. My father in law is all jelly about it too cause he never put the time in on forums lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Retrained the strawberry cough last night. Im thinking im gonna be running those 2 5 gallon plants in the back under a scrog in this 4x4 and putting the rest in my 3x3 to continue vegging/flip to flower while i work these plants to fill this bitch. I need a dank heavy harvest this time.

Wish me luck, ive only ever scrogged once and it was a miserable disaster.

20230206 090618
Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Wish me luck, ive only ever scrogged once and it was a miserable disaster.
I hear ya! Walking that tightrope now. Had a panic attack the other night and fugged things up. (The branches where about to grow into the LED.)

Two weeks of extra veg growth to fix an issue and all my plans went out the window. 😂

Reached out to CG but I think it’s wait and see time. At least we feel better today.

BTW. CG said she started a new SCROG project/diary. Haven’t found it yet but plan to tag along.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I hear ya! Walking that tightrope now. Had a panic attack the other night and fugged things up. (The branches where about to grow into the LED.)

Two weeks of extra veg growth to fix an issue and all my plans went out the window. 😂

Reached out to CG but I think it’s wait and see time. At least we feel better today.
So thats what im worried about with the cough, last one i grew was like 60 inches from the floor in a 72 inch tent so i want to smash the fk out of her under a net so i dont have those issues again. Plus her branches are super hollow and easy to bend and manipulate.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

So thats what im worried about with the cough, last one i grew was like 60 inches from the floor in a 72 inch tent so i want to smash the fk out of her under a net so i dont have those issues again. Plus her branches are super hollow and easy to bend and manipulate.
60690A5D DBF3 4ABD BAD2 64A97F9667C9
05C0B80F 5F12 4708 A229 82D472AD8F06

I was hiding my shame but here...

Did this two nights ago. She’s back to about 16” from the LED for now.

Today is the last day of stretch.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I hate VPD. Plants aren't growing for shit cause i can't get below 2, hate this shit. I need it to be like .8-1.2 right now. I just dont want to run any more equipment cause im bwing a cheapskate

Well now i got it to 1.83, but its 73 in the tent

I moved my growing adventures from a room behind our garage because of my spider mite problem last summer. Now I'm using a spare bedroom that's inside the house, so it's in the air conditioning. That means the RH is usually in the 40s. After I realized I had a low humidity problem, I bought a $25 humidifier and it has worked well for my small tent (48 cu ft). Until that arrived, I sprayed water on the floor and sides of the tent several times during the light-on period. That did a fairly good job of raising the humidity. I've also seen people hang a towel in a pan of water, but I've not tried it so I don't know how well it works.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I moved my growing adventures from a room behind our garage because of my spider mite problem last summer. Now I'm using a spare bedroom that's inside the house, so it's in the air conditioning. That means the RH is usually in the 40s. After I realized I had a low humidity problem, I bought a $25 humidifier and it has worked well for my small tent (48 cu ft). Until that arrived, I sprayed water on the floor and sides of the tent several times during the light-on period. That did a fairly good job of raising the humidity. I've also seen people hang a towel in a pan of water, but I've not tried it so I don't know how well it works.
Yeah i have 2 humidifiers i just dont want to run either of them cause im being a cheap mofo. I live in a trailer and all it has is a layer of aluminum siding on the outside, no plywood under it either, the siding is just screwed to the studs. Then there is r19 insulation and quarter inch wood paneling on the inside so my house is always close to the humidity outside, and it is wicked dry here right now. Ill end up breaking down and adding in the humidifiers but ill have to put them both in my room and hope it raises things enough because i dont have distilled or ro water so they leave residue everywhere

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

One thing that took me a while to realize is that growing indoors doesn't isolate us from the weather. I've more or less concluded that fall and spring are the easiest seasons, because they're neither too hot like the summer months nor are they too cold like the winter months. Our winters here aren't as cold as yours. It's 45F here and cloudy at the moment, but we still have low humidity inside. This summer, I plan to grow a few outside. (I have a license to grow.)

Top Bottom