What Are You Pulling...... Grams Per Watt Please?

• Thread starter Desertdweler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

What Type of Light do you use for Flowering?

• HPS

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • MH

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • LEC

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • LED

Votes: 202 71.6%
  • Flourescent

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 6 2.1%

• Total voters
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Wet.....

1000w light covers a 5 x 5 foot space.... and still leaves you wishing you had more light.

If I harvest my DWC buckets and leave the roots on, I could get 45 lbs probably.

And your math is terrible....

.91 gpw does not equal 3667 grams ..... You post makes no sense.

.91 GPW would be under 1000g,

.91 isn't a full gram... so it would be impossible to claim you have 3667 grams per watt.

Your harvest would come in near a 10th of a gram short on every gram. Leaving it under 1000 grams. Leaving you about 100 grams shy of a 1000g., Or about a 1/4 lb short.

A suggestion for you and other's, if you click on the posters name you'll see a lot of information about that particular poster you're responding to.

Edit: point being if you had of read my thread you wouldn't have even posted that post.

Last edited:
GanjaJack

GanjaJack

For starters, there is really nothing that is efficient about growing weed indoors. We just make it more efficient by justifying that we're not buying $400 zips from a dealer anymore.

I mean, if we wanted to go for pure efficiency, we would all grow outdoors under the free sun, in freely amended no til soil gardens.... Right?

I for one, grew mostly because I was sick of paying $700 a month on weed that was ok, but, I knew I could grow a lot better for a lot cheaper....

The other reason I grow weed? I love the stuff... I love watching it grow, I get satisfaction out of growing it, more than any other plant on the planet. Efficiency be damned.

Total cost of my garden? Under $500 a year, depending on when I have to re-stock my nutrients, including electricity. So over a decades time, it ends up being like $600 a year, but some years are cheaper than others because of restock on nutes... How long have I been growing? 30+ years.

It's efficient enough to me and I don't consider myself an expert by any means. I know I did my job when my wife from time to time after new harvests comes to me and says "Holy shit you grow the worlds BEST weed!".

GanjaJack

GanjaJack

A suggestion for you and other's, if you click on the posters name you'll see a lot of information about that particular poster you're responding to.

Edit: point being if you had of read my thread you wouldn't have even posted that post.

Nope. (I already saw that garden, comparing your plant to my plant, I know your plants do not yield 3000+ grams under a 1000w light in a 5 x 5. PERIOD.

Not even for the best of growers.

If I had clicked on your name, I would have been accused of stalking/creepin... 🤣

I aint fallin' for that shit again.

Last edited:
C

Christos1974

For starters, there is really nothing that is efficient about growing weed indoors. We just make it more efficient by justifying that we're not buying $400 zips from a dealer anymore.

I mean, if we wanted to go for pure efficiency, we would all grow outdoors under the free sun, in freely amended no til soil gardens.... Right?

I for one, grew mostly because I was sick of paying $700 a month on weed that was ok, but, I knew I could grow a lot better for a lot cheaper....

The other reason I grow weed? I love the stuff... I love watching it grow, I get satisfaction out of growing it, more than any other plant on the planet. Efficiency be damned.

Total cost of my garden? Under $500 a year, depending on when I have to re-stock my nutrients, including electricity. So over a decades time, it ends up being like $600 a year, but some years are cheaper than others because of restock on nutes... How long have I been growing? 30+ years.

It's efficient enough to me and I don't consider myself an expert by any means. I know I did my job when my wife from time to time after new harvests comes to me and says "Holy shit you grow the worlds BEST weed!".
I agree that growing outdoors is the way to go under the free Sun. However, unfortunately for me I live with people that don't respect rules and boundaries and I have no means of moving out anytime soon, that's why I grow indoors, in my room which I have complete control over. I tried fencing off an area outside to get a grow going and I had anxiety everytime I left the house, they would water the yard and my plants (when I instructed them not too,sad!) which ended up dying, growing around people who have no understanding or desire to grow is impossible unless you lock it up indoors which I had to do, but yeah, I agree 100% with everything you said.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

No not so,

imo i would be a fool to take my 4 or six legal plants and try to finish them outside. I grow in a controlled environment indoor with no adverse weather or pests. Outdoors is a bad idea imo

I grow 2 crops a year (4 plants each crop), equipment and rooms is paid for and the extra power for those 2 grows is approx $1000.00 or $4.00 per oz.

Last edited:
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Wet.....

1000w light covers a 5 x 5 foot space.... and still leaves you wishing you had more light.

If I harvest my DWC buckets and leave the roots on, I could get 45 lbs probably.

And your math is terrible....

.91 gpw does not equal 3667 grams ..... You post makes no sense.

.91 GPW would be under 1000g,

.91 isn't a full gram... so it would be impossible to claim you have 3667 grams per watt.

Your harvest would come in near a 10th of a gram short on every gram. Leaving it under 1000 grams. Leaving you about 100 grams shy of a 1000g., Or about a 1/4 lb short.
I see your problem now, and you say my math is wrong when infact you failed to comprehend what you just read.

I wrote that i had 4 plants under 4, 1000wt lights So 1 light per plant.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I think you guys are goin to the moon with strange retoric arguments........keep going i guess....
You are payng for what you are growing, who pays less producing top shelf is winning the game...
Otherwise how can you understand if you are dooing good? By how much you get high?
Whats the other method?

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
This little ass plant got me high as gas lol

No offence, but if all you want to do is get wasted, then giver 'er hell.

Without acting like a sommelier, I've had my fill of totally fucked up highs. At 60, I go for the quality of the high. I traveled a lot (pre pandemic) and have had to take care with south American weed. Sativa's fuck me up and hit me with intense paranoia (*gag) and anxiety. I was in Honduras (Bay Islands) a few years ago and they smoke import. One day I asked my dealer (a local I've known for years) to get me a bag. He said there's none right now. "WTF!" Ya he said. All we have is Trash. "What's that?" "Local stuff we smoke when there's nothing around" "Get me a bag."

Fast forward 2 hours. I was sitting on the beach with my feet in the water and the water was bluer, the sky was bluer, and clouds were whiter. Food was mind blowing, and I just couldn't get enough. I was sitting at the bar and tripping hard when someone asked me if the food was good here. I instantly snapped back to reality. I mean how could I be so fucking high one moment, still be in total control the next, and do another deep dive after that! What the fuuuckkkk. I was staying at a dive center and dive 100% sober, but I had to experience it. Best dive ever. You bet your boots I muled seeds home. It's the best god damn weed (for me) ever! Super energizing with not a sign of the downside of smoking a hard hitting sativa. It's a monster producer you can't kill if you try.

But there is a downside to this "Trash"; If you smoke it before bed, you'll be waking up the neighbors by cutting your lawn at 2am because you'll be looking for shit to do and sleeping isn't one of them. The high only lasts an hour if you smoke it, but in oil or edibles you're boppin' for 5 hours.

My plan is to go back and mail a few pounds of seeds back to myself. Since bird feed is legal to import, it'll be for my birds. lol

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

I taught the title of the thread was " What are you pulling grams per watt" 🤣 🤣

Maybe its time to start another thread called "who cares for how much i pay , lets get high and chat" and leave this one alone.... 😁

Peace to everyone☮️

Latest posts

Top Bottom