• Thread starter sogrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sogrow

What does OG stand for?????
I have heard many of things.Original Gangster,Ocean Grown,organic grown..etc etc.everything and anything.Who the hell knows what OG means.I find it odd that we can identify the genetics of plants hundreds of years old and we know the regions in which they originated yet we cannot find out where the term OG comes from or what it means....Hmmmmm

B

blueleaf

# Og can refer to: *Og, an ancient Amorite king of Bashan. *Og is also the name of a cake or bread baked in ashes, the name of a creature of ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Og_(disambiguation)

# According to several books of the Old Testament, Og (, meaning "gigantic"; עוג ) was an ancient Amorite king of Jerusalem who, along with an ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Og

# The adhesive coating on a mint or unused stamp or envelope flap applied by a postal authority or security printer, usually before the item was ...
www.linns.com/reference/terms/terms.aspx

# A molding with a profile in the form of a letter S; having the outline of a reversed curve.
www.nachi.org/glossary/o.htm

# "Gigantic, the king of Bashan, who was defeated by Moses in a" "pitched battle at Edrei, and was slain along with his sons" ...
www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Free-Bible-Dictionary-O.php

# The measure of malt sugars in a brew taken before fermentation. This measure is called the Specific Gravity (see below). The primary contribution to Specific Gravity is sugar, some of which is fermented into alcohol, and some of which remains in the finished beer to give sweetness and body.
www.briansbelly.com/glossary2.shtml

# Original gum
www.djmcadam.com/philatelic-terms.html

# Original Gravity. The Specific Gravity of the wort after boiling and cooling but before the addition of yeast.
www.xb-70.com/beer/chicha/terms.htm

# Offensive Guard
www.letstalkdefense.com/53glossary.html

# The measurement of solids in suspension in the wort just before the beer is fermented.
www.alliance-beverage.com/Pages/Beer/BeerTermsDefinitions.asp

# Original Gravity, how much sugar is in the beer before fermentation begins.
www.brewingwiki.com/w/index.php

S

sound1744

its "original gangster" as far as i know.

as in OG kush.

so it would be "original gangster kush".:big_boss:

peace.

Greyskull

Greyskull

anyone seen this?

just stirring the pot...

James Morrison said:
Well after some research I came up with this...

the sour diesel is in fact a total mistake the chemdog which was started in co from a very old farmer got seeds to a person in ma not cali which was started then in 91. It was the best bud i have ever smoked smelled or tasted. By 1993 it was the sickest shit around. Then the kids met these guys from ny at a phish show and they were begging the kids for a cutting which at that point was scarce.The kids were very tight and knew they had something special.We then became good friends and the kids traded the chem dog for a super skunk which is better then any skunk i have seen.We made promises to not give the shit away it was the bomb. Now this is were we get a little pissed off but are over it by now the nyc guys didnt like the name chem dog so they had a idea to chang the name to DIESEL. So the orig Chem dog is Diesel so what happend next explains the Sour The kids in ma had the best shit around everybody wanted the Chem dog people were coming up from albany to get the Diesel in bud form and they found some seeds in one batch. The super skunk that the kids were growing hermd and hit the chem dog aka diesel and the albany crew started those seeds and named it sour diesel also the orig chemdog aka diesl is og kush. its Chem dog also the ma kids are the only ones who have orig seeds of chem dog aka diesel still from the early 90s everybody got cuttings the kids still have 6 seeds left. hope you all find this info helpful i will soon give full details about the chem dog,sour diesel,diesel,og kush.Its time to settle all the bullshit that people seem to know peace to all
Guys your all right except the the og kush is a hermi seed from the chem dog from back in 96 their were only two people in the day to take the chem dog to the west coast it first hit lake tahoe. My friends chem dog got stressed and hermi a little so he decide to try the few seeds and the buddy who gave the chem dog seeds to us said the old farmer said it hade kush in it so my buddy to this day thinks its a strain of the orig kush and said if the ny kids can change the name from chem dog lets call the west coast version OG kUSH that is the truth. If anybody ever smoked the chem dog back in the day early 90s it taste like the sour but fifty times more The chem dog is the mom of the sour so basicly the og kush is a newer seed of the orig chem dog. peace to all. wmposse if any of you have questions let me know also i wanna talk to this rez dog guy because he claims no one has seeds of these strains well iam the only one with true males and females of the Chem dog,Sour diesel,Bubble chem, i have crossed a male Chem dog Aka Diesel with all of Sensi seeds good females already back in 96 they have been in storage since then and i know are still viable because the me kids just started the Super dog which is the Superskunk crossed with the chemdog and its sick enjoy the info a lot more to come
Part of what you say is true. But you have some of the facts mixed up. First of all, I go way back to the begining 92-93. my good friend from NY, was the one who got the Chem Dawg and Super Skunk first. And yes the Chem was first called Diesel because people did not like the name and because it was the "Cock Diesel" But you don't talk about the next strain created from the Chem Dawg. Also known as UnderDawg, Daywrecker, Diesel no.1 (Chem Dawg x super skunk/NL) from this the Sour was born hermied from the DNL(skunk). That is were it gets its vigorous growth and some of the taste. Any one who has grown or smoked it would know. And yes the Albany kids were the first to "find " the Sour, the "bro" and his crew did not invent it. It was grown out of seeds found in head bags bought in NYC. The upstate kids were begging for a cutting of either Diesel and wound up with bag seed to grow. Thats fact."

(Chem Dawg: OG Kush lijn, Kailua Kid)

OG Kush, Bubba Kush and The West Coast Dog.
In late '93 John from Grass Valley Ca. got the Chem Dog cut. He shared it with me, Jerry(cowboy) from Dibble Creek Ca. and Harold(Putz) from Sunset Beach Ca. Putz had a male he called the secret ingredient. It was a cross of Lemon Thai and an Old World Paki Kush. Putz bred the secret ingredient to the Chem Dog. The buds that came out of this cross were going around So. L.A. county in '95. Someone told Putz that Kush must be so good because it was mountain grown. Putz laughed and told him "this Kush is Ocean Grown Kush bro". The tag stuck and it became known as OG Kush. In the spring of '96 Putz married a girl from New Zealand. Before moving there he sent cuts of his OG to me and Bob(beans) in Salinas Ca. He gave all his P1 stock and all the remaining seed he had to Mike(mad dog) from Downey Ca. In late '96 Mike sold some seed to some guys in the Valley. That's where the San Fernando Valley cut of OG comes from. It's like the Original only more sat in pheno type. Mike sold a cut of the original to a guy in Orange county and that cut is called Larry today. It's still around Orange county. Mike sent one other cut of the original OG to a breeder in Europe. As far as I know he never let anyone else have it.
Jerry bred his Chem Dog cut to a Humboldt county indica boy. This was the beginning of his cubing proccess. At BX3 he got a pheno that had all the smell, taste and kick of the Chem Dog, but in a pure indica pheno. Jerry gave this plant to Bob. It became known as the West Coast Dog.
Bob bred this plant to my Old World Kush male. He took a male from that cross and bred it to the OG cut Putz had sent him. This is what made the original Bubba Kush.
Jerry's cubed version of Chem Dog is what I sell as White Mustang.

thoughts?

S

Silica

I thought it meant OverGrow..OG kush became popular on overgrow about ten years ago.
A lot of nationalities refer to overgrow as OG.

S

Swerve

guys its simple what og stands for.. the most common thing heard after smoking a fat bowl of og kush was oooggggg thats dank..

lol cheers original gansta folks.. as in an og for life.. not ocean grown that was a made up story to substantiate selling elmon thai seeds.. not even the og kush

D

DrugleyDoRite

I thought it meant OverGrow..OG kush became popular on overgrow about ten years ago.
A lot of nationalities refer to overgrow as OG.
That's what I thought it may be. :thinking

S

snowkitty

Hearing OCEAN GROWN always reminded of how the high school seniors told the incoming freshmen to look for the pool on the roof of the building. An inside joke from those who really do know...or something.

K

koopa troopa

a story i read had a dialogue that went something like this:

stoner: is this kush grown in the mountains?
cali grower: nah bro, it's ocean grown... (maybe the tahoe cats?)

original gangster refers to a hood nigga who graduated from the streets. og kush never put in that work aka that dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom