What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We used to tell my dad on projects he be struggling with..... Better get a man out... That really pissed him off... I am not getting no god damn man out!!! He would say...
In his later years he told me it was time to paint the house. I asked him are you doing it??? Hell no Iam getting a man out!!!
Sure miss ya dad.....

sky high

sky high

Been screwed over so many times and have had to resort to putting contractors in jail...so I tend to just do it myself. For what the clowns out there want for their time, I can do it and buy all of the >right< tools to do it.....learn something...and still have money leftover. The only things I don't tackle are the heavy equipment jobs and the >heavy> jobs.

But....I'm gettin old and you can bet that I'll >soon< follow your dad's lead .....standing back and writing a check.

Gotta have the $$ first. LOL

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Strong coffee, huge spleef, Morning chores, deliver eggs, bite to eat...then its......... FISHON!!!!! been 3 days without any FISHON>>>>

putembk

putembk

Spent the evening on a date with a new garbage disposal. Don't ya love buying shit you had no plan to buy? Zip/Zing.... $250 right down the drain..... LOL. Thankfully I don't have to PAY someone to put this kinda stuff in. You just need to stand back for the times when I get PISSED and start throwing things....which, yes, will more than likely happen...'cus...well...it seems that >nothing< goes together easily....and you HAVE TO rack yer knuckles or smash yer finger/etc at least once or the job...well...just isn't complete. I've saved A LOT of cash and have learned a lot doing it all myself....but it comes with a hefty load of frustration at times. Oh boy. Oh joy! Crazy thing is....I just keep doin it.

Isn't home ownership fun? Haahhaa. Gosh.....what will happen today?:rolleyes: (and why do I own 3 houses?)

Time to call the shrink again....
I hear ya. My problem is I can't see. When you get bifocals or worse you can never get focused while doing close up work. Garbage disposal is a perfect example. It's always to dark and I can never get in position to see...have learned the braille.

putembk

putembk

Strong coffee, huge spleef, Morning chores, deliver eggs, bite to eat...then its......... FISHON!!!!! been 3 days without any FISHON>>>>
Hit Deckers yesterday on a last minute trip. NO fish rising so had to resort to slinging lead. This place has come back nice since the fire. Have to cover a lot of water but when you find fish they are healthy and many over 20". Caught several 16" or a little better but on nice 22" male. Hard to take a pic with the cell phone by myself..
Rainbow Trout  m2h   Cold Creek  9 24 09  NT

sky high

sky high

I hear ya. My problem is I can't see. When you get bifocals or worse you can never get focused while doing close up work. Garbage disposal is a perfect example. It's always to dark and I can never get in position to see...have learned the braille.

I was kinda like that before my dual cataract surgery. Still need glasses for the up and close stuff and for small print, but at least the floating cloud in the middle of my vision is gone. As an added bonus...the doctor told me the lenses will last 400 years or more. :D I do know this braille thing yer talking about though....

Fuckin disposal was whipping me (fookin shoulder) 'til I got smart and went and got the car jack and raised the little bitch into place. BAM. Done. Can only guess what a plumber woulda charged to do the same thing and how many weeks it woulda been before he coulda shown up to do the job. Dunno...always do it myself. LOL.

urbanfog

urbanfog

kid just puked all over the place.....yay me sick kid....so much for quiet time in the garden :(

soserthc1

soserthc1

All I can think about is how damn lucky you are to have that sick kid my friend... >fucking huge sigh<

time will make it easier bro as i have told you before lost my first 25 yrs ago , miss her everyday but its part of life we must deal with for the ones we still have or care about us..... plus you will always have a angel looking down on you if you buy the religion stuff......

urbanfog

urbanfog

I am lucky Sky, sounds like you lost and angel and if thats the case, sorry brother, truly sorry. I cant imagine losing my child, I would go insane.

sky high

sky high

Time has made it more >familiar< soserthc.......but that doesn't translate to >easier<....it just brings up >yet another< set of words strung in a sentence that I cannot believe I'm hearing or saying. (and nope on buying into the religion stuff)

It's been more than crazy, urban. We're moving forward but there's a hollowness permeating everything that goes deeper than we could have ever imagined.

TheTommyK

TheTommyK

HARVEST DAY!!!!
after that I am potting and moving to the sun the next wave .... pics to follow.

sky high

sky high

Bummer. Hope ya feel better soon, Dave. You >have< been goin at it pretty hard lately... Hopefully a rest will fix ya up...

Harvest, huh? When yer done you can come over and do my room. LOL. :D

Preppin for the weekend fun here. Looks like Casa De Pot will get some more of our hard-earned dollars. Oh, joy. I can't believe how fast the cash goes in that place. It's like a vacuum..... (sucks)

urbanfog

urbanfog

bah, next kid home sick.....:( Got my new vaporizer :) picked up the arizer 4.0 for the balloon option and hopefully it will help with the wife. Will be testing it with her this weekend when kids are gone, but "dad" will test it today :D Already made a vape to bong connection , just doing the initial heat up to make sure no weird tastes. If anyone is interested I got it for 169.99 shipped in two days for the whole kit, minus the carry bag. From what I found, was a good price and like I said was more interested in the balloon option and no way the woman would approve the cost of a volcano....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Today butcher chickens....up early to get set up.. will do 30 of the biggest.....done by 11am....

sky high

sky high

Puttin on the Bob Vila suit again today. Too many projects looming to fuck around.....and Winter will be here before you know it. Time is a wastin'....so we might as well be wasted as well. :D Trying to decide if I'm gonna buy/install a sliding glass door this weekend. Fuck..it's only $800. :rolleyes: Thing is....the door in place now barely shuts....doesn't lock for fuck.... and is on BACKWARDS...with the pins on the outside! Talk about security! Talk about Billybobbin'! Fuckin A..... just unbelievable what folks will do to "get by"....and then....yeah...they never change it or make it right! Are any of you like that?:D Amazing...just amazing.

looks like another awesome Colorado weekend tho. "tis a privilege to live in Colorado".

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Puttin on the Bob Vila suit again today. Too many projects looming to fuck around.....and Winter will be here before you know it. Time is a wastin'....so we might as well be wasted as well. :D Trying to decide if I'm gonna buy/install a sliding glass door this weekend. Fuck..it's only $800. :rolleyes: Thing is....the door in place now barely shuts....doesn't lock for fuck.... and is on BACKWARDS...with the pins on the outside! Talk about security! Talk about Billybobbin'! Fuckin A..... just unbelievable what folks will do to "get by"....and then....yeah...they never change it or make it right! Are any of you like that?:D Amazing...just amazing.

looks like another awesome Colorado weekend tho. "tis a privilege to live in Colorado".

as long as its not Colorado cold and snowy !

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
today butchered 28 chickens in 2 hours, 2 people.. It took an additional 2 hours to set up and clean up processing room. I raised a special bread meat chicken, butchered the larger roosters and they looked spectacular, 6 lbs average dressed weight.I must say these were real easy to scald and pluck, clean as a whistle, 4 at a time in 10 seconds. The key to a good pluck is a good scald. Also the structure is amazing, nice color. This breed has white pigmentation, but the birds had a nice red color as well. will cure for 3 days in fridge 40 degrees then freeze. I really pride myself in the raising and processing aspect. I allow chickens to fully bleed out before removing head, and allow more bleed out time so there's no blood dripping for several minutes. Look at the usda approved and inspected chickens in store, notice the red liquid, yuk, ours clean and dry. These chickens also have few leg issues out of 130 I had 2 kinda gimpy so we processed them today. I lost 2 chicks first day or so, and had a pile up at week 6 due to rain, my fault, lost 15 but other than that they are really low on mortality. one lady never looses any out of 60 or so...Also the taste texture and quality are off the chart......

Top Bottom