What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Was a rainy afternoon/evening down here n the valley yesterday...and there's a nice dusting of snow on the peaks this AM.
Here it comes....

Hopin to snag some nice trees/bushes this AM for the 10 holes I dug yesterday. We both said we wouldn't plant anything here at this property because it's already so wooded but the former owner..in his infinite wisdom (and because he owned heavy equipment) decided to "make a road" to access the upper property >where there shouldn't be a road<...and in the process he pushed down a number of trees/bushes that offered privacy from the main road. So...we're re-vegging his fuck up/destruction. God I hate that shit. Such is why I dug/do everything by hand. It just takes too long (10 years+) to reveg things at altitude...and the first stuff too try to come in after you destroy the native vegetation is non-native weeds and dandelions. Yup! (Billy, you idiot) In the long run the best thing to do is leave it...or clear it by hand.....unless that is you want to completely defoliate the area. :rolleyes: Nope. Not here. Besides re-vegging....the plantings will also offer cover for my future outdoor adventures....

looks like the rain has passed but it's definitely "Fall" like out there....and much cooler than yesterday AM

Are there any cover crops that would grow in that location and also help you by choking out the undesirable weeds?

It is also definitely very fall-like here, too, but I'm not expecting it to last. Honestly, it would be nice if we got an actual autumn and winter this year. Past two years have been far too warm and dry.

deepthought

deepthought

Watering. I am in charge of the watering here at Camp Markscastle. Petting the dogs. Petting my feline overlords Skitso and Tabba. Cooking dinner at some point. Which I have taken over here, most nights.

It's nice because my Dad has all these great heirloom organic veggies in his garden. I've made some great Tomato-Vegetable soup and spaghetti sauce so far.

I will also probably play some more Wizards Choice on my phone at some point today, which is basically a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure story, but with a video game style Mana-Health-Morale counter at the top.

deepthought

deepthought

75 2 cup vacuum sealed bags of corn for us, still got a few from last years as well still good as fresh....Gunna make cream corn later.......

MMMMMmmmmmmmm vacuuuuumm seeealled coooorrnnn................(drools).

urbanfog

urbanfog

last day of kid free weekend, got my flower tent, res, portable res, and veg tent all broke down and cleaned (final battle to make sure the mites are done) Did some pruning, repotted some rosemary into 5 gal smart pots. Everything spic and span :D Today will be sterilizing pumps, airlines, pots etc With the cool weather coming I can wait to final get these tents full! Have decided come June I will shut my tents down to avoid the heat, too many issues the last two summers.

Time for some football and some vape balloons :D Good Day farmers!

All I can say is I hate FLAKES.....waited around all day, no call no show :( No teens for me. Oh well life is short, time to enjoy the sunshine

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm completing my changeover from twelve 5 gallon RDWC sites per zone to four 27 gallon tubs each. My plant count is now substantially less than my age, lol. Girls seem to like the change, too!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
All I can say is I hate FLAKES.....waited around all day, no call no show :( No teens for me. Oh well life is short, time to enjoy the sunshine

Me, too, especially if it's to do with kids. In fact, that's pretty much a guaranteed way to get me all up in your shit. And you do not want me all up in your shit, I guarantee it. :D

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Picking up an old friend and drinking buddy of 40 years who's having issues with his drinking. confused, ashamed, bewildered, cant figure out why he drinks to get drunk. 12 days on farm, fishing, meetings will send to a consular to help figure out his issues.
Many have reached out to me, but most have gone back to the same old same old. Know it well been there many times. get a few days sober, feel good then its right back to the same shit only it gets worse every time.
helped him quit about 2 years ago, his liver function was weak, felt better thought he could just have a few, that don't work.
Cunning, baffling, powerful and patient...
For me it's sweet surrender, it wins every time, so just for today, this minute, just don't take that 1st sip...
Was at a concert a few months ago. some fella offered me a full beer, I though about grabbing that beer and slamming it down just to see the look on his face, stinking thinking.
Hope I can help, but its up to him to plug the jug and be happy.
Thanks for letting me share my expressions, helps me to write how I feel and hopefully inspire others to clean up their act. if I can do so can others....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
At that same concert I rolled up several crowd pleaser dubies and passed the around. that same fella drinking beer took a toke stood up and passed right out.
Nothing like drinking and toking fun in moderation, once in awhile for some anyway, just don't let it get the best of you.
Also nothing wrong with a few beers now and again, even getting hammered on occasion. It's when you just can't stop and life gets fucked up, that's when it's a problem....and you just don't realize till you hit bottom...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Another offer in to buy someone's house (high hopes this time), another 12 hr shift at the salt mine. gotta go, gotta go, gotta go.

That's the spirit! Owning your own place makes it all worth it. Then comes paying for it...

putembk

putembk

Hey all, been gone but now back. Fishing, hiking, visiting friends and generally fucking off. Beautiful in the mountains on Tuesday and Wednesday. Not many things as beautiful as watching the sun when it first hits the freshly covered snow capped mountains in the morning. Aspen starting to turn and NO TOURISTS. Back in town now for a few days to do what needs to be done and right back up before the deep snow and cold temps settle in for the upcoming winter.
Also planning on going up to the Fort and visiting my buddy TTy next week and return some genetics he gifted me.
Life is good and having more fun than a camel on wednesday. (hump day)

urbanfog

urbanfog

got some krytonite teens yesterday and worked a trade for some equipment for a few more to be delivered, my tent will be filled I say! :) now for some organization....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well..? I think I locked one of the chickenbirds out of the coop last night, Dave found her outside the coop this morning. She won't let me catch her, and I won't just leave the coop open for her to get in and the others out, so...? We have a bit of a Mexican stand-off goin'. Also, her sister (the bird in question is Eleanor), Guinevere, is brooding an egg. An unfertilized egg. I keep saying, "Guini! It won't HATCH!" And she growls at me, literally (I never knew a chicken could growl, well, they can)(they also sneeze and it sounds HILARIOUS, but also disconcerting), and is pecking me pretty hard when I try to get said egg.

That means that Guinevere needs cock! And I'm the gal to help her out. We've located three real cocks, but don't have a quarantine area. I'm thinkin' a small shed in one of our fenced gardens should be ok, though I prefer the upper garden and it may not offer enough distance. Otherwise, he's gettin' tossed in with all the ladies. He's a German-raised cock, so he'll probably try to do some astonishingly weird things with the chickenbirds.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well..? I think I locked one of the chickenbirds out of the coop last night, Dave found her outside the coop this morning. She won't let me catch her, and I won't just leave the coop open for her to get in and the others out, so...? We have a bit of a Mexican stand-off goin'. Also, her sister (the bird in question is Eleanor), Guinevere, is brooding an egg. An unfertilized egg. I keep saying, "Guini! It won't HATCH!" And she growls at me, literally (I never knew a chicken could growl, well, they can)(they also sneeze and it sounds HILARIOUS, but also disconcerting), and is pecking me pretty hard when I try to get said egg.

That means that Guinevere needs cock! And I'm the gal to help her out. We've located three real cocks, but don't have a quarantine area. I'm thinkin' a small shed in one of our fenced gardens should be ok, though I prefer the upper garden and it may not offer enough distance. Otherwise, he's gettin' tossed in with all the ladies. He's a German-raised cock, so he'll probably try to do some astonishingly weird things with the chickenbirds.

Seamaiden, the Farm's newest 'chicken rancher'... LMFAO!!!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You guys will probably be aghast, but I find that I actually prefer tending to animals than plants, by far. The chickenbirds just crack me up! So, we're probably gonna have to figure out some pig, and I've been wondering just how difficult a milk cow would be, that's something I've never had to worry about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom