What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

Used to love to ski, today to expensive, to many peeps and to much traffic. Nice day in the foot hills as well. So far no wind. Last night it was the Colo St Rams....today its the BRONCOS.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Used to love to ski, today to expensive, to many peeps and to much traffic. Nice day in the foot hills as well. So far no wind. Last night it was the Colo St Rams....today its the BRONCOS.
Truth...Me two...
But now a days they got them high speed chairs, new fangled skis, short and fat that steer themselves, not the same as back then for sure. at least the high speed chairs reduces lift lines and one can get in a lot of runs in a day if you wish.
My skiing days are over, skied all over Europe, Canada, colo. Calif., I fear the kne injury and after all that skiing time to retire to the river for fly fishing...

bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

Truth...Me two...
But now a days they got them high speed chairs, new fangled skis, short and fat that steer themselves, not the same as back then for sure. at least the high speed chairs reduces lift lines and one can get in a lot of runs in a day if you wish.
My skiing days are over, skied all over Europe, Canada, colo. Calif., I fear the kne injury and after all that skiing time to retire to the river for fly fishing...
fly fishing is a little bit easier on the body compared to skiing all over the world !

putembk

putembk

Just finished brewing a batch of tea. All are going to get a good dose followed by a foliar drench. Another nice day in Colo so going to try and get outside this afternoon and take another hike. Will be fishing at Deckers tomorrow. No issues or problems...life is good!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
chores, bank, not robbing it, then hit the river, no wet wade, eggs patterns and streamers........

urbanfog

urbanfog

tea about done, going to hit my veg tent today with it. Got rain in the area for the next 2 days so not much outside. run a few errands I guess, and maybe a trip to the hydro shop who knows......

ttystikk

ttystikk

@putembk brother, it's BRIGHT in there, with just two fresh thouies. I was getting a sunburn and I never went in the cages with the lights on.

Today's biggest question is, do I throw some super tall, but lanky/gangly plants in there for the coverage, or shorter, healthier plants?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
RS-2 and dry flies for me...streamers are to much work. Thinking you should still be wet wading....water temp still has to be over 40!! ha ha

Streamers are more work but I love the way fish slam it and run like hell...
As kids we would get plum tree branches similar to fly rods and mold clay like mud on the tip and fling mud balls at roof tops, cars whatever we could hit.
I got real accurate and we did a lot of flinging so when I took up fly fishing casting came natural....
Could fling a mud ball 100 yards, also flung mudballs with firecrackers in them, real troublemakers, still am...
Broke windows, put an eye out, chased by irate homeowners...

putembk

putembk

@putembk brother, it's BRIGHT in there, with just two fresh thouies. I was getting a sunburn and I never went in the cages with the lights on.

Today's biggest question is, do I throw some super tall, but lanky/gangly plants in there for the coverage, or shorter, healthier plants?
decisions...decisions

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
One time this guy came over who had just moved in next door with a wagon full of flat mud balls he collected from his roof. He was pretty upset. Said he came not to make war with the neighbors, we hit his grand ma on the leg.
Our Parents were really pissed. As punishment we had to help his kids scrub paint off their swimming pool. We all got baked within 15 minutes and got some mud and fling rods and pelted the hell out of Farting Martins house down the block...
all the kids were in on it a war zone.....

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Im no vert guy but i just watched my buddy do a run and his were really lanky but filled in perfect tty,maybe try some of each the first run?

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Ready
Will be high and dry for todays river action, note waders up to waist only no need to got any deeper than scrotum height...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Hit it for 2 hours or so... Slooow...
1 dinker, couple of hard hits, few nice chases, can tell by the water ripple behind streamer a monster fish was checking out Bugger but left it be.......
Time now for cup o strong ass French press French roast organic coffee and another one of them fat hash dubes, hide out in man cave, Thinking some Neil young and Crazy horse on vinyl till chores then its home made pizza, dough being made in bread machine as we speak.........Ripped.....

ttystikk

ttystikk

I realize that mere homemade chicken soup does not rise to chickenman's standards- after all, I bought the chicken at a supermarket (gasp!)- but it turned out well with rosemary, garlic, the usual carrots, onions and celery.... and orzo pasta. Yummy!

Makes me want my own coop that much more, in fact!

putembk

putembk

Fishing yesterday...freezing today. Only in Colorado. Was at Deckers yesterday fishing with a dry fly and today it is under 20 degrees at the house. Gonna be a stay inside and clean kind of a day. Still haven't gotten used to the cold this year. Watching all the rookies slip and slide on the roads outside. Looking like a 2 hr drive to work today. Glad I'm don't have to get out in this mess. Wondering why the call it rush hour....looks more like total gridlock to me. Stay warm all.

Top Bottom