What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ttystikk

ttystikk

I like how it(Romulan) actually "turns me into a levitated serene green pointed eared creature", with a cane, I got to say however Ty. And its probably a lot scarier and more frightening for any green pointy eared creature who might wake up next to me at any given time than it is for me to wake up next to them. Its my understanding I am a featured face on the cover and I am the featured monster inside several ET versions of and installments of "Tales From The Romulan or Klingon Crypt" on both planets and several others as I recall.
mAD CraZY BLuZbOy on Rom and java

I would doubt anyone's word but yours.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Wishing you were here to help evaluate these since they came from you. The Dairy Queen is beautiful, smells like cheese when the jar is first opened and then a cherry smell takes over after about 15 seconds. All I can say about the MK is.....MMMMM...OK! lol The lemon Haze is just as advertised, know now why it was a cannabis cup winner two years in a row. Nothing like being cabin bound with stuff like this.

Yup yup, now you know why those were favorites worth keeping. That mmmkay especially is a stretchin', growin', stackin' fool, too isn't it?

ttystikk

ttystikk

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd guess there is either blue dream or Maui wowie in there, the rest can be a mystery to me. It grows just as well, right?

ttystikk

ttystikk

What's in a name? Wouldn't a rose smell just as sweet?

Lol, we could call it 'Rosebud'... even the Citizen Kane reference adds to the fun!

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

First day on the ski hill today. 6" of fresh this AM and still coming down. Gonna be an epic powder season.

outwest
Go for it, you Billy The Kidd Hot Dogger OW! Hope you are having blast on the slopes!
BB

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

You know I will. Shooting for 100 days this season. Gotta have goals!

outwest
Every time I went to snow ski I never seemed to make it past the bar...... I became a pro at renting gear, getting hammered and levitated while wearing some of the gear around for a bit, then just ending up back at the bar hitting on snow bunnies. Yeah, I was a "Pro" at the above essentially on the ski hill. I watch "other people ski" real good too. Never have fallen, hit or run into trees, or wiped out bad while watching others ski either unless I tripped on something because I was real drunk while watching others ski.
mAD CRaZy BLuZbOy

ttystikk

ttystikk

Truth is, I was never a big fan of skis, either. I thought it was a lot of work to push these rigid fence poles strapped to my feet. I just wasn't having fun, instead I was constantly fighting the skis. And my experiences on a truly miserable excuse for a Kmart skateboard biased me against snowboards.

Instead, I got good at rollerskating indoors, which built balance and coordination. One winter, my skating buddies told me about this new thing they'd discovered, called "skiboards"...

These were different. Made like small snowboards, you wear one on each foot like skis, but the hourglass shape lets the rider lean and carve and the suppleness of the snowboard construction style rides very confidently.

It felt like I'd gone from a lumbering SUV that I had to horse around to get down the mountain while it fought me the whole way- that's how skis felt to me- to a Ducati Superbike! These things are stupid fast and wicked maneuverable- and boy did they get this neophyte 'way in over his head, but fast!

The steeper the slope and the tighter the terrain-(glades bore, let's dive off rocks into the trees!)- the more fun they are! It's hairy shooting 12" gaps in the pines at 30mph, but what's even hairier is the stuff you try when that gets old... crazy I know, but I've got a few more ski seasons in me yet, and I know exactly what I want to ride for them!

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

Best repair I've ever seen done to an S80 was replacing the entire drivetrain with one from a 5.0 Mustang, trans and all!

Over the years I've done my fair share of engine swaps and whatnot. My first car was a 1964 Mustang w/ a six cylinder and 3 speed stick. I transplanted a 302 w/ a FMX auto. I've got to ask...

How does one swap an entire drivetrain from a domestic that sports a 302 CID w/ rear wheel drive into a European that has an inline transverse/front wheel drive w/ a GM transmission? My night school auto mechanics teacher had an old Austin Healy that he swapped out the original motor and tranny w/ a Ford 302 and C6 trans, but that was all rear wheel drive.

Last edited:
ttystikk

ttystikk

Over the years I've done my fair share of engine swaps and whatnot. My first car was a 1964 Mustang w/ a six cylinder and 3 speed stick. I transplanted a 302 w/ a FMX auto. I've got to ask...

How does one swap an entire drivetrain from a domestic that sports a 302 CID w/ rear wheel drive into a European that has an inline transverse/front wheel drive w/ a GM transmission?

First, by getting my Volvos wrong, apparently, lol- works fine after that!

The car I thought you were working on was a rear wheel drive four sedan... And to answer your question, there's a kit for that- and it's relatively popular! Who knew?

I'll tell you, it makes for one fun square rigged sleeper with a five speed stick and an appetite for German iron! A buddy of mine here in town had one for years...

Last edited:
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice brunch with the neighbors who are also farmers...
been here 13 years, neighbors live several thousand yards apart. were constantly busy have only gotten together once in awhile, but today we will all get together in our farm house and I am preparing a feast in our incredible custom kitchen.
got a 7 pound roasting hen, will stuff with my awesome stuffing, bread, butter, eggs, ground pork, celery, onion, apple. raisins, walnuts, convection roast to perfection, mash up potatoes from garden toped with my rich silky gravy, some garden corn, nice mixed salad, home made rolls with home made raw butter and raspberry jam, for desert a chocolate pie made from scratch.
I love cooking in our custom kitchen, I don a chef's coat and hat and go for it....
Later in the day will nap, or fish, then its the Broncos, lots of fun in store today....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I picked up that rooster yesterday afternoon. He's GORGEOUS! Very big bird, too, quite a bit bigger than my girls despite being a couple of months younger. I made him a QT area replete with hay fort, water, food and sunroof. And this morning I woke up to find him on our front deck. Crowing. He's crowing now! I praise him every time he crows, it makes me laugh and laugh and laugh, I don't know why but hearing him crow makes me feel so good. I think we're going to eschew QT since he figured out how to get out of the enclosure, and now he's spent the whole time since dawn strutting his stuff in front of the girls.

I think I shall name him Charlemagne, call him 'Magne' for short, mang.
What's in a name? Wouldn't a rose smell just as sweet?

Lol, we could call it 'Rosebud'... even the Citizen Kane reference adds to the fun!
That's what chapped my ass about the magazine. I don't think Big Mike even knows who Welles was, let alone Hearst.

sky high

sky high

We dodged all but a skiff of that nasty snow bullet we heard hit the I-70 corridor last night. Fuckin yuk. Not ready. Not at all. I remember when we moved here 30 years ago to ski we couldn't understand the old timers talking about finding somewhere with less or no snow...but these days I fully understand where they were comin from. Hopefully the new place will see far less on most years than we are >used< to...which is far too much. LOL.

Sun is up/clear skies this AM. Rollin one and headin' out. In a 1/2 hour it will all be gone.:D

pinegrovedave

pinegrovedave

First, by getting my Volvos wrong, apparently, lol- works fine after that!

The car I thought you were working on was a rear wheel drive four sedan...
Heh...Well it is a four door sedan and it is an S80 T6, but in this "configuration" it is a front wheel drive w/ an transverse inline six. Only 2.8 liters, but with the dual turbochargers, this thing is fast and powerful.

Top Bottom