What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

After lookin at that site....um....Chickenman my friend...I'm thinking you need to expand the scope of the farm >again< and start selling bundles of smoker wood! Whatcha think that truckload you just got would breakdown to @ 10 lbs for $30?? Er...Hell....take a vaca and drive an entire load out to fish! ;)

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Wood

guess how much for this truck load, this is apple wood from last haul this load of peach same size.... ....about 1/2 cord...1000 lbs or so...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

That supplier in fruita supplies most of the competition bbq teams in the US,I have a hookup because they actually import their red oak from santa maria california and my neighbors trucks deliver the loads there and back haul some kind of rock from utah they crush and use to manufacture makeup so he just brings me back whatever i want.Where else are you gonna get texas post oak or pear wood?lol.I think they have like 25 or 30 different kinds of wood for smokers and each is supposed to impart a different flavor.A 10 lb box probably would last me 2 years,you just throw a couple chunks on each time.
Maybe you can use that splitter of yours and give em some competition sky,less competition than selling buds,lol.

sky high

sky high

Might be a good idea since we aren't selling bud here anymore, fish. "It's a free concert from here on out...."

But it is cool to know that they export/manufacture more than meth and oil workers from the Grand Valley these days.

sky high

sky high

At that rate the guys in Fruita are only making 6K per cord. >snicker< Whataracket! You need the splitter my friend? I think fish is onto something here...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Dunno think its fresh, green? I use hot coals from woodstove shoveled into Weber kettle and put a branch or 2 on top cook whole chicken or whatever indirect method, works great. Put lid on and do not open till done...

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Dunno think its fresh, green? I use hot coals from woodstove shoveled into Weber kettle and put a branch or 2 on top cook whole chicken or whatever indirect method, works great. Put lid on and do not open till done...
I love weber kettles too,I am surprised you dont have a weber smoker CM, i know from your posts you like smoked meats.
http://www.weber.com/grills/series/smokers
Weber smoky mountains are cheap and kickass!

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Mmm... gravy. I'm wicked good with gravy.
My livestock gets fed everyday way before I eat......
I eat a lot of them, so much respect is given unto them before consumption.....
That's how I was raised. I remember the first time I rode my birthday pony. She threw me pretty hard, fucked up my hand. But do you think I went home crying, with the pony left saddled up and sweaty? Oh hell no, she was washed, groomed and fed before I went home to see to my hand. I was 11yo and it never would have occurred to me to do things any differently.

Now I think all the animals got into something, because when I cleaned out the litterboxes it was clear that somebody has diarrhea. Dog wanted OUT at 7am,

ttystikk

ttystikk

I've been on an innovation kick lately- see my threads about turning a tree inside out and ramblings about future tech for details. Today I'm going to find a way to trellis my veg girls so they're used to growing near a trellis before they get into a bloom room. I put three consecutive stages of veg plants in RDWC last week, this to help them develop roots and additional vigor for when they bloom.

Over the next 6 weeks, I'll be switching my entire op from overhead lighting with horizontal trellis to vertical bare bulb with upright cylinder trellis. I'll be going from 50ft² under trellis per room to 150ft²- and from 4 thouies to just three.

This is my idea of a perfect Christmas!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Watching the Eagles beat Detroit then Seattle beat San Fran (kinda like san fran in this spot thou) and 3 of 4 are medical states but not mine........... snowing like crazy ....football - smoke - snow - and food pretty close to heaven to me

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
I've been on an innovation kick lately- see my threads about turning a tree inside out and ramblings about future tech for details. Today I'm going to find a way to trellis my veg girls so they're used to growing near a trellis before they get into a bloom room. I put three consecutive stages of veg plants in RDWC last week, this to help them develop roots and additional vigor for when they bloom.

Over the next 6 weeks, I'll be switching my entire op from overhead lighting with horizontal trellis to vertical bare bulb with upright cylinder trellis. I'll be going from 50ft² under trellis per room to 150ft²- and from 4 thouies to just three.

This is my idea of a perfect Christmas!

I hope there will be a thread, with pics of the transformation..:snaphappy:

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
@chickenman, Is that a sprayed in bed liner that you have on that old girl, by the way I love old Chevy trucks...:D
Yup. thick ass sprayed..71 3/4 ton 4 wheel drive. 140,000 original miles 40,000 on rebuilt 350 motor. IMO 71 was the best year for both ford and chevy trucks . i'am a total GM fella, fords are ok but for me its GM....
My last 71 3/4 ton pick up ran 255,000 miles and hauled well over 1 million lbs of cargo, fire wood and corn many many trips....
Dunno if ya seen my hot rod pics should be under things you dig thread.

urbanfog

urbanfog

lots planned, and so far not a dam thing done other than watch some tv with the kids lol

soserthc1

soserthc1

lots planned, and so far not a dam thing done other than watch some tv with the kids lol
Sometimes The best plans are no plans ..... esp on a Sunday thou I did think about church yesterday which is real strange but this time a year I miss mom and granny alot .....
Watching the Eagles beat Detroit then Seattle beat San Fran (kinda like san fran in this spot thou) and 3 of 4 are medical states but not mine........... snowing like crazy ....football - smoke - snow - and food pretty close to heaven to me
2 winners - in case following I like Chic tonight now that they have something to play for Forte runs wild tonight .....

Top Bottom