What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
So today I go to get a load of peach firewood from a longtime local. Been around for 50 years. Old school for sure.
I show up and introduce myself. He said I know well who you are and what you do growing that marijuana...
I said Excuse Me??? What are you talking about???
He said I need to thank you for what you did for my grandson when you caught him in your garden.
He said he found out last year we caught him and his buddy red handed ripping us off and instead of roughing him up, shooting him, calling cops we intervened with my friend who a minster and put him on a probation of sorts, if we heard of him miss behaving in any way we would tell his parents who are really strict.
Small town word leaked out cause parents found out but both kids at least have not got into trouble or got caught.
Good to earn some respect form some long time locals that are super straight....

sky high

sky high

Folks seeing good peeps with weed doin good is good for everyone. Folks seeing the clowns with warehouses and piles of cash/guns/etc. doing all sorts of stupid/selfish shit..isn't. Things always come full-circle..... good goin, CM.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Something is wrong with the dog. Of course it happens not only as the weekend is approaching, but as we have snow on the ground (I hear it's down to 1,000') and more is on the way, so even IF the vet were open, it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get to him. Assuming the roads are plowed and open, of course.

Yesterday, someone got on the guest bed and shit on it. My sense of smell is bad enough that I can't tell if it was dog or cat, but I'm thinkin' dog. This morning, I stepped on a turd. Fortunately it was nice and hard, so it didn't squish into the carpet or between my toes, but it was cold. Nothin' like steppin' on a hard cold turd first thing in the morning!

Dog visually appears fine, is eating well, drinking, spry as she ever was. But she has NEVER shit in the house before this. She's peed when left inside for too long, and when we first got her she marked my father-in-law's and son's bedrooms pretty badly (how I discovered Odorcide!). But shitting in the house? Nuh uh. So, I think something's wrong with her. If she had a good hair coat like a Lab, Rottie or GSD I'd let her spend more time outside, but she's got a very thin single layer hair coat, very fine and just can't take being left out overnight if it gets below 40*F.

I'm not ready for something to be seriously wrong with this dog, it seems like I just lost my other dog. And, I'm not ready for a puppy (neither is poor Dave). That old dog was a Lab mix, and once she got to the point of being leaky she didn't like staying in the house, she wanted OUT. I think she knew she leaked and was embarrassed by it (talk about anthropomorphising your animals, eh?). She'd stay out in the worst snow, I'd bring her in and she'd be at the door, tail wagging low, "Let me out. Let me out. Let me out. Let me out." So, I did.

If only it were as simple as stitching her asshole up. :eek:

I live in the same city as one of the country's leading veterinary schools, and frankly I think we could do with a lot MORE anthropomorphizing of our animals, rather than less. Especially from the professional class.

The truth is that we and higher animals- certainly the mammals we cherish most often as pets- DO have discernable thoughts and recognizable feelings. Why wouldn't they? The case for Skinner's black box and the idea that animals have no feelings can be summed up as 'can't prove it wrong'- which is a pretty unstable foundation for any strong argument.

Rather, as any dog or cat owner knows, the animals learn, develop personalities, live, interact with the world uniquely and respond to us in ways that are wholly consistent with having thoughts and emotions. It's my bet that animals run on what we like to call intuition, or gut feeling. I also believe that a good dog/cat/bird/horse/sea lion is as smart as a human of at least half his age or more.

When I treat animals this way, I get instant trust, respect and friendship from them. I wish it were so simple for the two legged ones in my life...

sky high

sky high

Agreed tyy. Petz is peeple too. Really glad to see shit go down like happened in Canon City the other night where the 2 trailer-park rejects refused to bring their half-frozen dog inside when it was -10F outside. Boom. Ass in JAIL. :D

But ya know....we coulda saved the taxpayers keeping a jail cell open for 'em and could have certainly prevented a >repeat< performance ever again by just taking their coats and chaining >them< in the yard overnight...but sadly we aren't there yet as a PC-based society and we haul em off to somewhere warm...o_O which is FAR too good for their likes.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

te="chickenman, post: 1151736, member: 26354"]Wondering where's the guys vest, waders, rod????[/quote]
Lol,that's because he caught it spin fishing and throwing big crankbaits.its all sight fishing that time of the year and they won't even look at little targets-too much energy for too little gain.I'm positive you could take them on the fly too,its also near a few other well known trout spots.all fish caught and released.

putembk

putembk

te="chickenman, post: 1151736, member: 26354"]Wondering where's the guys vest, waders, rod????
Lol,that's because he caught it spin fishing and throwing big crankbaits.its all sight fishing that time of the year and they won't even look at little targets-too much energy for too little gain.I'm positive you could take them on the fly too,its also near a few other well known trout spots.all fish caught and released.[/quote]
Yup, saw it right off. Y0u could spin fish in a suit. lol

ttystikk

ttystikk

Try putting a studded tire on the back and a ski on the front. I`ve seen em race bikes in the snow like that up in Alaska before.

That is completely insane! I totally want a little flattrack style racer kitted out for snow like this! What a blast that would be to ride in snow conditions! It would be so fast that nothing could catch you...

putembk

putembk

Just finished trimming...thank god. I fricken hate it. Will be back at it on some Lucenda next week. And the end of the month Its Purple Jone and Super Lemon Haze. Maybe by then it will be warm enough to go outside again.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

So today I go to get a load of peach firewood from a longtime local. Been around for 50 years. Old school for sure.
I show up and introduce myself. He said I know well who you are and what you do growing that marijuana...
I said Excuse Me??? What are you talking about???
He said I need to thank you for what you did for my grandson when you caught him in your garden.
He said he found out last year we caught him and his buddy red handed ripping us off and instead of roughing him up, shooting him, calling cops we intervened with my friend who a minster and put him on a probation of sorts, if we heard of him miss behaving in any way we would tell his parents who are really strict.
Small town word leaked out cause parents found out but both kids at least have not got into trouble or got caught.
Good to earn some respect form some long time locals that are super straight....
CM,do you get your peach anywhere near fruita?this is the spot i order my wood for my smoker from,best wood for smoking in the country.
http://www.fruitawoodchunks.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom