What Is The Best Way To Beat Morphine/opiates?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

Having a brutal time with constantly going into withdrawal. I have to be honest it is one the hardest things to beat. I consider myself to have pretty good pain tolerance but the nausea, stomach cramps, diarreah, hot flashes, cold sweats, and everything else.
So if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.
Also what to expect going thru this process.
People don't understand that anyone who enters into any kind of serious pain management will end up with a opiate addiction.
Also I'm allergic to methadone which is going to make this that much harder.
It's amazing how stupid some Dr's are regarding Morphine opiates and addiction.
The looks and attitudes of some nurses is brutal. They don't have any idea of long term pain.
It would be awesome if they could put you out till the recovery was done.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm having some pretty tough times.

Natural

Natural

heart goes out to ya man. been years since i was in those same shoes. the hardest part (physical withdrawl) is gonna take a week..week and a half. then your body has to heal and learn how to produce endorphins again...seemed to take years, not weeks. good news is once you kick..you can kick for good and never look back!
I think it really depends on what drug and what levels they have you taking. High doses of Oxycontin and Fentanyl are the worst to come off of..I've had friends that had to kick with the help of Suboxone..which gets pricey.
The way I came off Oxy's was I tapered down as much as possible first. Then went cold turkey. I ended up going to emergency it got so bad..told them I had food poisoning, they gave me an IV rally pack..which did wonders. My roomate had it easier, his levels were lower and kicked with Benzos.
There really is no easy way to do it really. Look at these herbs here
Ibogaine is the bizness, but ya got to go to Mexico or Canada to find a clinic since it is illegal in the US.
Good luck to ya man!

juggernaut

juggernaut

I've been reading up and it looks like there are drugs out there to help so I see there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I appreciate the info. The only bad thing is I'm going to have some real pain issues again.
A life hunched over in pain or a life playing the opiate hell.
Yeah they had me on hydromorf and fenyt patch. They were tough but it was one opiate to the other

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
The medical warning:
Quitting an Opiate addiction can cause serious adverse effects on your body. Although rare, depending on the type of addiction you have and to what drug, quitting cold-turkey can be life threatening. At the very least, consult with a doctor and get a physical before you try to quit. A doctor will tell you if you're healthy enough to deal with the withdrawal. If you've consulted with a doctor or feel you're strong enough to do it regardless, keep reading.

I've been there. Just do your 5 days of hell. Find a babysitter who can cope with extreme situations. Pack all your breakable shit away and lock your doors and tie yourself to a bed. Sounds crazy but you'll feel better mentally if you kick without drugs aiding you. If you've had any experience with hallucinogens you can hold on to that place you have been where you can separate yourself from the trip and watch it as a spectator not a participant. If you can meditate it will help. Prayer if your religious. Pagans find healing rituals benificial. The color green is comforting. But be healthy. There are forums on this subject. There are facilities that will help. If it's desperate. Go to a detox center.
Best of luck. Peace

Natural

Natural

I've been reading up and it looks like there are drugs out there to help so I see there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I appreciate the info. The only bad thing is I'm going to have some real pain issues again.
A life hunched over in pain or a life playing the opiate hell.
Yeah they had me on hydromorf and fenyt patch. They were tough but it was one opiate to the other

what's worse though..withdrawls or finding pain management alternatives? lol..the doctors and pharmacist don't have all the answers. Don't know what kinda pain ya got..but I deal with 2 disintegrated disks (bone on bone) in my neck. Pain pills were like bandaids and the pain found a way around it eventually. Chiropractor saved my life. Changing the diet was huge too. Helps with good sleep and well being. Just meet pain management head on..find alternatives..and don't leave it up to the medical community to solve all your problems. They've got bigger agendas than somebodies opiate addiction issues.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
what's worse though..withdrawls or finding pain management alternatives? lol..the doctors and pharmacist don't have all the answers. Don't know what kinda pain ya got..but I deal with 2 disintegrated disks (bone on bone) in my neck. Pain pills were like bandaids and the pain found a way around it eventually. Chiropractor saved my life. Changing the diet was huge too. Helps with good sleep and well being. Just meet pain management head on..find alternatives..and don't leave it up to the medical community to solve all your problems. They've got bigger agendas then somebodies opiate addiction issues.

We are in the same boat for pain. I have advanced arthritis in my lower spine and hip and 2 compressed discs. I actually killed my back being a runner\jogger. I use mmj from dusk till dawn. Chiropractic care. And a diligent and through stretching routine. It's not perfect but I haven't had to pop pills. Just to be clear. I've kicked opium cold turkey, not pharmaceuticals , and it was because I was young and an addict not a prescribed patient. My pain came later in life. But I have been offered opiates by my doctor I just refuse. I hope the best for you. Living with pain sucks but it's manageable. ..and look into some cannabis topicals. They are powerfully effective.
peace

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Just know bro you are not alone and you have a world of resources at the tips of your fingers
and some guy you haven't ever met would do what ever he could because that's what we all need to do help each other.
Shroomking is right about meditation and finding something to keep focused on spiritually . . . .

sixstring

sixstring

taper off slow is how i did it.not sure how you might do it if your on some kind of morph patch.but with pills like oxy's i just tapered slow and got to where i was just taking half pills about every 8-10 hours or twice daily,then once a day,then i just cut em off.smoke more weed also :) i would of never done it without an endless supply of weed.my wife just had to go through chemo for cancer and they had her on all kinds of pain meds and she pretty much went cold turkey once chemo was done and she started feeling half normal again,she was sick for days but she claims it was nothing compared to the chemo. mind over matter bro,you can do it

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
I don't really have much to add, I was taking Tramadol everyday for a year and decided i wanted off... That was a fun ride.... Taper.. and copious amounts of marijuana and benzos got me thru..

I still dabble in the pills when i really need them but they have long since been a daily thing for me.

Taper Taper Taper... and taper some more!

Remember you did not get to where your addictions at overnight and its not gonna cure overnight.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Everyone is different. Unfortunately I am fortunate to have experience with a hand full of friends and a handfulL of family.

The only common denominators I know are ruthless to the point and sometimes cruel. ILl share one cruel thing and the rest positives....

Every detox ive.been a part of has been parallel to an exorcism or Hell, if you believe in neither then i would compare it too psychosis crossed with a vicious stomach creature eating at your soul, if you don't believe in souls then that fucker is eating at your bone marrow and spinal cord

With that said its not Impossible.

The best advice I can give can be compared to growing plants.
When we have a pest we attack.
Two common methods
1 unleash the arsenal
2 study and identify the pest and source then attack
Where the pain originates is the source which can be physical mental emotional even spiritual

In my opinion nobody takes opiates to get high. I believe we stay on opiates so we don't hurt, it's no secret, the hurts are the bodys experience when it is not produces it's own balanced chemistry.
Start researching and experimenting with foods and activities that activate endorphins serotonin and other chemicals
Your body makes on its own

trippinballz

trippinballz

I'll admit...I loved the high. I'd save all my pills and eat em all at once...in the afternoon.... and catch a good buzz/sleep well all night.... I'll admit I miss em as well.

5 years "in training" as I call it....and 5 years with the Pusher.....'er Pain Management doc. (he was more of a PuppetMaster, know what i'm sayin'?) I felt like Topio Gigio.....

40 mg of Oxy was all it took a day to get that "screamin addict" feel. After a couple of years a freind in Canada was also mailing me big bottles of T-3's. those suck.....but if you take enough of em they will work. I took alot of em.

I finally got tired of it all.....and could tell that MY HEAD was generating pain so i'd take more dope. I was so high I really couldn't feel my TRUE pain.... just the "you know you need another pill, captian....right?" kinda pain....

I tried to get my doc behind MMJ and help me wean.....but he...like other docs...HAD TO HAVE CONTROL. Weed wasn't in his control....so when i told him he flipped out...told me "you'll get impaired if you smoke that stuff".....and then "I can't write you scripts to Schedule 2 narcotics if you are using a Schedule 1 drug"......

So he cut me off.....and he called every pain doc in the valley and told em I might be coming in. I found this out because I have a friend who works at another clinic....

So I counted em out.....took one less each day..... and when i felt the sick coming on... I dumped the rest down the toilet and held on for dear life....

3 days of Hell.....then......the SUN CAME OUT. It didn't take me years to find the good feeling...it came almost instantly for me.... talk about a high.

Pain? don't be scared man. Accept it. I think you will find...as I did...that my "pain" changed almost instantly.... yeah...still hurt....but FAR LESS.... and when it did.....I felt it and didn't fuck myself up FURTHER by being so narc'd out I'd feel like Superman and do stupid stuff/lift stuff i shouldn't have.

Kicking the narcs allowed me to become FAR more active. I have learned that staying active is key for ME. The pills couchlocked me down....and I think my muscles were atrophying out on me.

Like I say..I miss the fuckers.... but now I know better...and have simply added em to the list of substances that don't do well in my system...along with alcohol, valiums, seconals, and cocaine.

Now i'm just a weed addict. LOL.

Good luck. You can do it. Folks here will catch you as well as they can....but this is one of those times when we must LOOK INSIDE to find the strength to beat the demon.

I still have pain....it just isn't inside those pills.

Power OG

Power OG

Having a brutal time with constantly going into withdrawal. I have to be honest it is one the hardest things to beat. I consider myself to have pretty good pain tolerance but the nausea, stomach cramps, diarreah, hot flashes, cold sweats, and everything else.
So if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears.
Also what to expect going thru this process.
People don't understand that anyone who enters into any kind of serious pain management will end up with a opiate addiction.
Also I'm allergic to methadone which is going to make this that much harder.
It's amazing how stupid some Dr's are regarding Morphine opiates and addiction.
The looks and attitudes of some nurses is brutal. They don't have any idea of long term pain.
It would be awesome if they could put you out till the recovery was done.
Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm having some pretty tough times.
I was also in your shoes, definitely get on a suboxen regiment, it will get though the hard part then you just need to ween yourself off the subs slowly but also the most important part is the cannabis bro. High cbd strains seem to really help. GG#4 is a great pain relieving strain along with purple pain killer & pain killer from medman. You can do it brother I'm down to less than a quarter of a suboxone a day and have been off of opiates for over four year's and I was a animal with it. I have faith bro you will beat this, you also have my support 100% if I can help I'm here bro.
Positive Vibes & Respect

dieseldawg2480

dieseldawg2480

hey man! I feel ur pain. Im a long time opiate addict. Its the most difficult sitation ive ever been in.. It all started with oxycontin at a young age and progressed into a full blown H-addict.. Im not going to get into bunch of war stories.. After many rehabs and countless withdraws later.. I still struggle with it today.. Ive tried methadone, suboxin and cold turkey.. I feel with methadone ur just replacing one poison for the other.. Methadone can be just as hard if not harder to kick.. Suboxin isn't much better imo. it isn't as hard to kick as methadone but it aint easy.. both u have to take daily and u get withdraw symptoms from both.
My advice would be make ur mind up and stick to ur guns. Its not just physical addiction the mental aspect is going to play some major mind games with ur will to quit.. If u can kick a opiate habit u can do just about anything u put ur mind to.. I hope this made cense. Smoking and edibles seem to be the only thing to help.. I hope this helps and wish u the best

trippinballz

trippinballz

I agree with dieseldawg. If you are gonna kick......KICK IT ALL. Adding in another drug other than weed THAT ALSO IS ADDICTING is just gonna DELAY the inevitable IMO.

Respect to those taking such a path.... but for me...one drug was tough enough to deal with...and I KNOW how much I love these drugs...so adding another wasn't in the cards for me. Everytime I've added a second drug to the mix the party merely intensified...

Kick. Fight your fight. Win. You can do this.

K

kolah

"Recalibrated" benzo junkie here. I did it on my own. After totaling my brand new truck, ending up with a broken neck, and a fractured skull made me realize I had serious drug problems. I weaned off a bit then went cold turkey. I ended up in ER with cardiac issues. Basically my heart would stop beating....6-8 seconds, then start up rapidly only to shut down again. I thought I was toast. ER Docs got me stabilized, wanted me to check in to the hospital and I said no thanks and walked out feeling like total shit. Stuck with it and beat the devil.

Not so sure I'd recommend going cold turkey alone... get some help. I agree with the others, don't trade one addiction for another. And for the open minded and non-anal phobic people, coffee enema's work great for drug detox. The WHO's Peter Townsend was just one guy who used Dr Max Gerson's Therapy's Program which included a vegan diet and 3 coffee enemas per day. side joke: no cream no sugar! ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom