What is the difference between MEDICAL MJ and REGULAR MJ?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
THCV for appetite suppressant, right? I think there are a few breeders claiming they have strains with high THCV but I have not seen the lab reports attached to these claims.
We have a line on very Hugh thcv and cbd going. Claims from breeder that it’s in the 30-40% range. Well I’ll see what the lab says, it’s in preflower atm.

M

mmjcard420

Basically, no difference between the two as both are grown in the care of gardeners and come from plants. Marijuana products that you get from licensed medical dispensaries are well-tested and provide ultimate health effects. While at recreational dispensaries, you can not get high strength products for alleviating your symptoms. Other differences are-

- Recreational mj products are highly taxed while you can get tax rebates on medical mj products.
- Legal purchase limits are different for medical and recreational users.
- Medical marijuana products are for those who hold MMJ cards while anyone at least 21 years of age with a valid ID can buy recreational marijuana products.

SinCity

SinCity

Did I miss something? Did the federal government legalize cannabis and create nation-wide standards? Pretty sure the definition, regulation, taxation, etc. of MMJ and rec vary state to state. In some states (like mine), it varies county to county.

ForrestHolt

ForrestHolt

One of the differences between medical and recreational marijuana is that you can easily get medical marijuana with the help of an MMJ card. It does not cause a high (non-psychoactive) and is used to treat an array of health conditions. Recreational marijuana is also known as regular marijuana. It is largely used by people to experience a high.

valjack

valjack

Recreational marijuana typically contains higher levels of THC content compared to the medical variant and is often used for the “high” effect as opposed to its benefits. While there's no definite difference between the flowers and concentrates of both types, the potency of medical cannabis is usually high.
Disagree with this answer. Medical cannabis is Not weaker than rec cannabis. To the contrary.

Reactions: Ina
DiverDown

DiverDown

Here in stinkin' CT we have to buy through a dispensary with a card. The doc fee is $250. He emails it to the state, you fill in your info online with the state, you pay $100. Then you buy it. You choose what strain, edible or not, and the amount of thc, etc you want. The more potent, the higher the cost!
For non smoking MMJ the dose for a month to help my pain, a once a day dose, it costs me $300.
If I ask my friend for a pound of butter to make a supply of cookies, which will last 6 months, it costs me $200.
So I have to pay $350 for the privlage per year and $300 a month for the product!!, My grower charges $200 for a 6 month supply of butter.
This is why so many are illegal growers. I need to live!!, No more narcotics for me!!!

M

Mjwoww

And let us not forget about religious weed down here in America which is tax free. Which makes it the best weed. And to make it even sweeter it is federally legal.
Oooooh, i want soma that!!! Where ya get that from? And what religion? Please, educate me 😁

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

There is a link to my friends church. State and federally approved. Sacramental herb churches will be popping up in Michigan very soon with the legalization of rec.
The local sheriffs department has tried to shut them down and are now being sued I. Federal court for harassment.
Omg. That is crazyyyy

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Now im conflicted. I believe every church is a business and they should be taxed if everyone else is.

And if we are not exemp why should they be?
I feel the same way. It’s a business and they should fall in line. But that’s not how it works and that plant was ours before they wanted to tax/regulate. All while forcing the people who brought this plant to life to do something else with their lives while the state makes it so no average guy can open his own shop. Or bud tend for peanuts. LoL

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Churches are big business in disguise. The only difference is they separate you from you money on the basis of fear and morality... See the irony there.

And if you want to be a member in good standing or hold a position you had better meet that % of your income as donations.

This is not all churches but it is the ones I have had experience with.

Rikismom420

Rikismom420

Churches are big business in disguise. The only difference is they separate you from you money on the basis of fear and morality... See the irony there.

And if you want to be a member in good standing or hold a position you had better meet that % of your income as donations.

Amen brother. 😉. 🤣
Happy growing

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was told when i was young and attending hebrew and sunday school that all the members of our temple donated 100% of their income to the temple. Then the Rabbi would take 10% of these professionals income and issue back everyone 90%.

Low taxes for the whole community compliments of religion. And a pretty wealthy Rabbi.

N

Newbz77

Here in the u.k Medical cannabis is in variably high in CBD as opposed to thc, of which there is allowed to be no more than I think 0.2% thc to allow for difficulties is separation etc, complete waste of bloody time living here if you like the vegetables. Even selling cbd from plants other than henna is a large bonus ! Yeah it's that bad.

Wolfe

Wolfe

I have seen some seed companies as well as some growers that claim that they are Medical Marijuana growers and seed providers. What is the difference between "Medical" and "regular" Marijuana? When does a regular strain that I've been growing for years become a medical plant, while others aren't?
Is this just a self proclaimed title or is there a standard that would need to be met to qualify? The term is used interchangeably and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake in my descriptions.
There really is no difference as far as dispensaries are concerned.
Except the fact medical patients get a break on taxes. It has nothing to do with higher thc levels or cbn/cbd, that’s horseshit! I had some that was 31% thc the other day from a medical dispensary and my stuff I grow blows it out of the water. If they are claiming their weed is 31% thc, then mine is like 40%. Or they’re lying. They can use the same shit to spray their stuff with unless they call themselves organic. Then they just spray with organic shit. Medical weed to me means growing with no pesticides and no bottled nutrients. Using organic seed stock and organic ingredients to grow. It has nothing to do with someone calling their weed medical because it came from a medical dispensary. The bottom line is the dispensary owner paid for the license and in most cases these med shops have rec shops and they’re selling the same stuff in the rec shop only higher price to cover their tax loss.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I have seen some seed companies as well as some growers that claim that they are Medical Marijuana growers and seed providers. What is the difference between "Medical" and "regular" Marijuana? When does a regular strain that I've been growing for years become a medical plant, while others aren't?
Is this just a self proclaimed title or is there a standard that would need to be met to qualify? The term is used interchangeably and I wanted to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake in my descriptions.

When the sheriff shows up its medical.
When my friends are here it’s recreational.
in California, in my county we can grow more for our personal medical needs (as much as necessary) as opposed to 6 plants recreational.

Mr.Juice

Mr.Juice

I think it just boils down to it’s purpose. There is no legal definition as to content, not in Ontario to my knowledge any way.

If you have a prescription for marijuana it’s medical marijuana. If Joe Blow gets some from the same source but does not have a prescription it’s recreational

Latest posts

Top Bottom